UU Victim of the Week! (Week Twenty-Seven: Contrary Serperior)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
My check this week is Scarfed Mienshao
Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless/Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

So Mienshao is a mon that fits the role of a check in the sense that you can switch in on three moves from the provided set however you will be taking quite a bit of damage. Mienshao has the ability to outspeed and OHKO kyurem regardless of mienshao's ability. I am suggesting scarf because at the moment I feel it is the most threatening set mienshao has seeing as it beats most other scarfers out. I also recommend changing his ability to regen just to make the switching in process easier but I left Reckless as an option because I know some of you are super greedy and want them kills. As I said Mienshao is able to kill kyurem after a safe switch in or a hit from this sets weaker moves.

252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mienshao: 129-152 (47.6 - 56%) -- 80.9% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mienshao: 191-226 (70.4 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 Atk Life Orb Kyurem Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mienshao: 142-168 (52.3 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kyurem: 602-710 (153.9 - 181.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kyurem: 504-594 (128.9 - 151.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
Unless you're using sash or av mienshao, neither of which make sense, how is mienshao switching in on a life orb ice beam from kyurem? A check is something that can switch in, not revenge kill.
A check is something that can switch into one not all moves of a mon and then either scare it out or kill it Mienshao is a check cause it can switch in to certain moves on this set

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alakazam as a Check

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Even though Mega Alakazam was re-introduced to UU, Focus Sash Alakazam is still a very good revenge killer. Alakazam can switch into any of Kyurem's attacks and outspeed and KO with either Focus Blast or Dazzling Gleam (after LO recoil / some prior damage). This is a check because Sash Alakazam usually only gets one chance to revenge kill an opponent.

252 SpA Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem: 294-348 (75.1 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Alakazam Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem: 196-232 (50.1 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Alternatively, Life Orb can be used but Alakazam is always KOd by Draco Meteor or Outrage, so it would require some more double switches or predictions.

Last edited:
A check is something that can switch into one not all moves of a mon and then either scare it out or kill it Mienshao is a check cause it can switch in to certain moves on this set
Actually, checks and counters were given a good definition in a past Smog issue:

Pokémon A checks Pokémon B if, when Pokémon A is given a free switch into Pokémon B, Pokémon A can win every time, even under the worst case scenario, without factoring in hax.

Pokémon A counters Pokémon B if Pokémon A can manually switch into Pokémon B and still win every time, even under the worst case scenario, without factoring in hax.
So in this case, Shao is a check.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eh...Mienshao is still a suitable Offensive Check to Kyurem. Of course you need to have balls the size of grapefruit to switch it directly in on a Kyurem in most situations, but there's still the possibility of a slow U-turn/Volt Switch, a free switch after something faints, or an absolute 100% prediction that Kyurem's going for one of its coverage moves.

Check

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Drill Run/Pursuit

Escavalier takes 30% or less from all of Outrage, Draco Meteor, Earth Power, and Ice Beam, and retaliates with:
252+ Atk Escavalier Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kyurem: 360-426 (92 - 108.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Escavalier Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 324-384 (82.8 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Both of which mean it dies after either Stealth Rock or 2 rounds of LO recoil (when Esca switches in + when it attacks it a second time)

It can only be classified as a check because it gets easily worn down without Wish support if it's forced to switch in multiple times, and although I've never seen it on an actual set Brobat does have HP Fire listed (though it can switch in on any other move and -barely- take the HP Fire barring absolute max rolls on Earth Power+HP).

Honestly most of the good stuff has been taken, so I'll go with an old standby of mine as a Check:

Umbreon @ Leftovers
252HP/252SpDef/4Def
Ability: Synchronize
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

The idea is pretty simple: Come in on anything that isn't called Outrage (And this has a chance of working even if Outrage IS pulled) and Wish-Stall it to death. It's not carrying roost, and spamming Dracos and Outrages (The only things that do much of anything to Umbreon) will eventually lose effectiveness/lead to confuse hacks. Even if they don't, Life Orb recoil will take care of Kyurem eventually. It's a bit of a bitch tactic, but it works.

DEFENSIVE NUMBAHS:

252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 165-196 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 114-136 (28.9 - 34.5%) -- 99.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Life Orb Kyurem Outrage vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Umbreon: 195-230 (49.4 - 58.3%) -- 65.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

And though it doesn't matter so much:

0- Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kyurem: 157-186 (40.1 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
not to be a turd (ok kind of to be a turd),

but i personally run 252 atk / 252 spa mixed kyu, which is significantly harder to wall (that's actually why i run it in the first place). you miss out on outspeeding roserade and the nidos, but in return you get a shit ton more power. it's too late to change it now probably, but it is interesting to see if your c&c still holds up to this set. (p.s., my actual set isn't exactly 252 252 because i have a custom spread but i'm lazy / don't want to reveal it so)

Infernape as a Check.

monkey lord (Infernape) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 196 Atk / 60 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Grass Knot

Infernape works much like Thisbemyalt's already stated Mienshao, but it can't miss. This is a fairly standard Nape set but tbh idk exactly how much SpA to run as it can hit extremely hard with it's Life Orb boosted Dual Stabs, can U-Turn for momentum (literally the best thing a mon can do in this tier tbh), and can nuke things like Swampert, RHyp, and Hippowdon with Grass Knot, hitting surprisingly hard coming off Nape's base 104 SpA stat. Here's some calcs coming from and going against Kyurem:

From Kyurem:

252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Infernape: 140-166 (47.7 - 56.6%) -- 87.5% chance to 2HKO

4 Atk Life Orb Kyurem Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 62-74 (21.1 - 25.2%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO

4 Atk Life Orb Kyurem Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 281-331 (95.9 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Infernape: 407-481 (138.9 - 164.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (but to be fair who didnt see this coming :P)

Against Kyurem:

198 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kyurem: 507-601 (129.6 - 153.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Check

Snorlax @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Superpower

Easily switches in on any of Kyurem's special moves, tanks the subsequent attack and OHKOs back with Superpower after two rounds of LO recoil. Snorlax can survive any combination of two of its moves, but is 2HKOed if it switches directly into Outrage which is the only thing that makes it a check and not a counter. In this case other team members can attempt to take advantage of a locked Kyurem. But if Kyurem lacks Outrage, Snorlax is as reliable a check as you can get.

Calcs:

252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Snorlax: 169-200 (36.6 - 43.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Thick Fat Snorlax: 60-71 (13 - 15.4%) -- possible 7HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Snorlax: 79-94 (17.1 - 20.3%) -- possible 5HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Kyurem Outrage vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Snorlax: 218-257 (47.2 - 55.7%) -- 77.3% chance to 2HKO, guaranteed 2HKO after rocks

In return:

252+ Atk Snorlax Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kyurem: 310-366 (79.2 - 93.6%) -- pretty much guaranteed OHKO after 2 rounds of LO recoil.

Last edited:
Certainly not the #1, but still a fairly decent Check that is sometimes seen in UU.

View attachment 28102

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Assuming the mixed set with either Outrage/Iron Head, Metagross can switch in to any of Kyurems moves bar a predicted Earth Power, then subsequently live an actual Earth Power, and always KO back with Meteor Mash. Given a completely free switchin, it always wins provided it is above 60% health, making it a check as per smogon definition. An additional benefit is STAB Bullet Punch which does, on average, around 50% to Kyurem.

Calcs: (which show that any combo of Move X + EP can't KO)

252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 100-118 (27.4 - 32.4%)
252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 70-82 (19.2 - 22.5%)
252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 187-221 (51.3 - 60.7%)
4 Atk Life Orb Kyurem Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 84-100 (23 - 27.4%)

And in return:

252+ Atk Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kyurem: 404-476 (103.3 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kyurem: 182-216 (46.5 - 55.2%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks

but i personally run 252 atk / 252 spa mixed kyu, which is significantly harder to wall (that's actually why i run it in the first place). you miss out on outspeeding roserade and the nidos, but in return you get a shit ton more power. it's too late to change it now probably, but it is interesting to see if your c&c still holds up to this set. (p.s., my actual set isn't exactly 252 252 because i have a custom spread but i'm lazy / don't want to reveal it so)
Tbh that sounds like a much better set than the regular kyurem I might use it sometime thanks for mentioning it :]

Not gonna lie, the Kyurem set here kinda blows. Simply put, there is no reason to ever run max speed when using the mixed set. You beat 252+ Krook, but a Jolly Krookodile is probably Scarfed anyway. You also tie Darmanitan, but again he's probably Scarfed and I'm pretty sure you can eat a Scarf Flare Blitz anyway. If you REALLY want to run positive speed, aim to beat Nidoking, Roserade, or Krookodile, then dump your remaining EVs into Attack. Alternately, run a Special Attack boosting nature and outspeed Adamant Lucario, again with your leftover EVs into Attack. That makes Kyurem MUCH more difficult to wall.

But enough about inefficient spreads, mixed Cresselia counters mixed Kyurem.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave

You live any two consecutive attacks. The only thing that can bring Cress down is if you're already weakened and you switch in on Draco, but I guess that makes Cresselia only a soft counter but in all fairness a lot of the Pokemon listed as counters need Wish support, can switch in on particular attacks, etc. Moonlight PP is Cresselia's only sticking point, but if you have Rocks down then Kyurem is already having a bitch of a time, so only having 8 PP shouldn't stop Cress. Or rather, it shouldn't stop Cress from stopping Kyurem.

252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 104 SpD Cresselia: 203-239 (45.7 - 53.8%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 104 SpD Cresselia: 142-168 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 104 SpD Cresselia: 133-157 (29.9 - 35.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Life Orb Kyurem Outrage vs. 252 HP / 152+ Def Cresselia: 144-172 (32.4 - 38.7%) -- 4.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Cresselia Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem: 118-140 (30.1 - 35.8%) -- 33.2% chance to 3HKO

As you can see, every attack that mixed Kyurem would conceivably carry that can actually hit Cresselia (besides Iron Head), and no two-turn combination will KO Cresselia from full. Period. Just ran the calcs, and here's how it works (with rocks): Rocks (12.5) + max Draco roll (53.8) - Leftovers (6.25) + max Outrage roll (38.7) = 98.75. Upon living with that tiny tiny sliver of health, you pop a Moonlight and proceed to roll Kyurem's face.

P.S.: Kitten's a fraud with that spread, don't listen to him, he's trying to lull you into a false sense of security and then he'll outspeed with stuff that should never get the drop on Kyurem.

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not gonna lie, the Kyurem set here kinda blows. Simply put, there is no reason to ever run max speed when using the mixed set. You beat 252+ Krook, but a Jolly Krookodile is probably Scarfed anyway. You also tie Darmanitan, but again he's probably Scarfed and I'm pretty sure you can eat a Scarf Flare Blitz anyway. If you REALLY want to run positive speed, aim to beat Nidoking, Roserade, or Krookodile, then dump your remaining EVs into Attack. Alternately, run a Special Attack boosting nature and outspeed Adamant Lucario, again with your leftover EVs into Attack. That makes Kyurem MUCH more difficult to wall.

P.S.: Kitten's a fraud with that spread, don't listen to him, he's trying to lull you into a false sense of security and then he'll outspeed with stuff that should never get the drop on Kyurem.

Lol I don't use Kyurem a lot personally and it was really late so I wasn't exactly aiming for the most 'metagame-efficient' spread when I put this on here. I copped it straight from the analysis for Kyurem, so take it up with QC or someone if you don't think it's that great, lol. I was aware of Kitten Milk's "252/252" spread and I was aware it could simply invest for base 85s and dump the rest into Attack. I figured slipping HP Fire onto the moveset this week was enough of a prick move on my part, and I really needed to get it updated. Overall yes I'm pretty aware it's not the greatest mixed spread ever but this isn't an RMT lol

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus

But enough about inefficient spreads, mixed Cresselia counters mixed Kyurem.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave

You live any two consecutive attacks. The only thing that can bring Cress down is if you're already weakened and you switch in on Draco, but I guess that makes Cresselia only a soft counter but in all fairness a lot of the Pokemon listed as counters need Wish support, can switch in on particular attacks, etc. Moonlight PP is Cresselia's only sticking point, but if you have Rocks down then Kyurem is already having a bitch of a time, so only having 8 PP shouldn't stop Cress. Or rather, it shouldn't stop Cress from stopping Kyurem.

252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 104 SpD Cresselia: 203-239 (45.7 - 53.8%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 104 SpD Cresselia: 142-168 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 104 SpD Cresselia: 133-157 (29.9 - 35.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Life Orb Kyurem Outrage vs. 252 HP / 152+ Def Cresselia: 144-172 (32.4 - 38.7%) -- 4.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Cresselia Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem: 118-140 (30.1 - 35.8%) -- 33.2% chance to 3HKO

As you can see, every attack that mixed Kyurem would conceivably carry that can actually hit Cresselia (besides Iron Head), and no two-turn combination will KO Cresselia from full. Period. Just ran the calcs, and here's how it works (with rocks): Rocks (12.5) + max Draco roll (53.8) - Leftovers (6.25) + max Outrage roll (38.7) = 98.75. Upon living with that tiny tiny sliver of health, you pop a Moonlight and proceed to roll Kyurem's face.

I already took cresselia lol (look on previous page), but i'm not sure if different sets count...

CoolStoryBrobat

I already took cresselia lol (look on previous page), but i'm not sure if different sets count...
Nah is still counts, I missed this actually. Lord of Bays feel free to take another mon for yourself....golden opportunity here cuz I normally don't allow reservation changes, but this case was easy to miss

Somehow I completely missed that. I'll take SpDef Forretress as a check or a soft counter, then.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpDef
Sassy Nature
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Gyro Ball
Volt Switch

Kyurem's only 3HKO is with Earth Power while you 2HKO back with Gyro Ball (after Life Orb). Forretress can also set up Stealth Rock, cutting Kyurem's life even shorter. Forretress' lack of recovery is what really holds it back, keeping Forretress from being a hard counter. At least you have Volt Switch to keep Forretress from COMPLETELY throttling momentum. Speaking from practical experience with Kyurem, I'm well aware that Hidden Power Fire is an option, but that's really more Kyurem-B's domain given how stupid ubiquitous Ferrothorn and his barb-y asshole is. I've never seen a Kyurem-N carry it (in XY UU).

252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Forretress: 136-160 (38.5 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Forretress: 94-112 (26.6 - 31.7%) -- 23.1% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Forretress: 126-149 (35.6 - 42.2%) -- 90.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Forretress: 338-400 (95.7 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO If this drops SpDef Forretress out of the running for top three this week, so be it.

0 Atk Forretress Gyro Ball (76 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kyurem: 186-218 (47.5 - 55.7%) -- 75.8% chance to 2HKO

Of course, in all honesty, Forretress is just a poor man's Bronzong, though Forretress gets Rapid Spin and Volt Switch.

CoolStoryBrobat

I need to get this thread gradually back into being updated on Sundays like it once was...Top 3 Checks/Counters to Kyurem this week have been chosen (in no specific order):

Top 3 Counters:

Registeel - The TurtleLord
Bronzong - Calloflochie
/---/ (Sorry guys that's my fault for slapping on HP Fire like a prick I promise I won't do it next week lol)

Top 3 Checks:

Cresselia - dingbat
Forretress - Lord of Bays
Snorlax - IronBullet93

OP will be updated accordingly. This week's Victim is a guy who has had a little more time in the spotlight now that Heracross is gone. Oh yeah he's also known for haxing the mess out of you by turning "safe" situations into coinflips:

Set name: Choice Band Machamp
name: Choice Band
move 1: Dynamicpunch / Close Combat
move 2: Knock Off
move 3: Heavy Slam / Bullet Punch
move 4: Stone Edge / Ice Punch
ability: No Guard / Guts
item: Choice Band
evs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
nature: Adamant

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Heal Bell
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Takes literally everything from Machamp, confusion hax doesn't matter because Dynamic Punch isn't even a 5HKO and you can only be confused for a max of 3 turns iirc so you'll be fine it that regard. Knock Off doesn't do anything, and Stone Edge will miss anyway. The best Machamp can do is Heavy Slam hoping for 3 max rolls because it has around a 3% chance to 3HKO, which is the best basically any wall in the game when matching up vs Machamp. I'll prove calcs but I honestly don't think anything can do better, even shit like Physically Defensive Doublade still takes 40% from Knock off, so yeah I got the only counter hehe bwoi,,,,,

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Heavy Slam (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Granbull: 124-148 (32.2 - 38.5%) -- 2.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Granbull: 103-122 (26.8 - 31.7%) -- 30.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Granbull: 50-59 (13 - 15.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Granbull: 77-91 (20 - 23.6%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

IN RETURN

4 Atk Granbull Play Rough vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Machamp: 272-324 (79 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
gimmicky as fuck 'mon incoming because actually viable things get haxed to death

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
-Psyshock
-Scald
-Slack Off
-Calm Mind/Toxic

252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Colbur Berry Slowking: 145-171 (36.8 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowking: 149-176 (37.8 - 44.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowking: 111-132 (28.1 - 33.5%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Slowking: 134-158 (34 - 40.2%) -- 40.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Slowking Psyshock vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Machamp: 210-248 (61 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I don't think it's entirely fair to have to wall both Guts and No Guard at the same time because realistically Granbull is the only thing that can do that (and is still prone to confusion hax) while No Guard can be toxic stalled by 'mola but Guts screws that plan over, and offensive 'mons that could take a single hit from Guts and then outspeed and ohko have a 50% chance of just dying to the No Guard version.

There is no counter cause you'll just get confused,,

Nidoqueen (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Roar
- Stealth Rock/Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam/Sludge Wave/Toxic Spikes

Defensive Nidoqueen as a check. It can come in on any move except for a banded Ice Punch, but Ice Punch is pretty rare I think as Guts typically runs Heavy Slam+Bullet Punch and No Guard runs Stone Edge+Steel move.

252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Close Combat vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Nidoqueen: 127-150 (33.3 - 39.3%) -- 19.2% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Nidoqueen: 137-162 (35.9 - 42.5%) -- 94.8% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Knock Off vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Nidoqueen: 92-109 (24.1 - 28.6%) -- 98.1% chance to 4HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Ice Punch vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Nidoqueen: 214-252 (56.1 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Also, it no longer really checks or counters Machamp with a Guts boost (but nothing does) so if you have Toxic Spikes you'll want to avoid setting them up until you've eliminated Machamp/verified that it's No Guard.

It's not really a counter because of 1. the Ice Punch/Guts boost thing and 2. It can only do so much back to Machamp:

0 SpA Sheer Force Nidoqueen Earth Power vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Machamp: 114-135 (33.1 - 39.2%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO.

However, it has a pretty good chance of winning because of either Close Combat drops or because Knock off only 4HKOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)