4th Gen UU Warstory - Dodging Bullets

Discussion in 'Warstory Archive' started by Legacy Raider, Mar 18, 2009.

1. iKitsune

iKitsune

Comments throughout were insightful and intelligent. Simply excellent.
  2. bugmaniacbob

bugmaniacbob Floats like a Butterfree, stings like a Metapod
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Great Battle, Pinsir, Great Comments, Pinsir, Great Layout, Pinsir.

This is probably your finest warstory yet, and that's saying something. Great job.
  3. Deschain

Deschain

fucking great warstory.

i love Flail users. xD
  4. Nachos

Nachos ∇Good player alert!∇
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Well what can I say,

Apart from give this 5 stars.
  5. Honest

Honest

Great read! Personally I haven't seen any Flail/Reversal users since ADV.
  6. Kijin

Kijin

Cons:
    You forgot some either obvious or already detailed things mid-battle that you should either know or at least have predicted (primarily w/ the "I don't know if Ludicolo has Rain Dance).
    Some relatively unimportant hax.

Pros:
    Excellent commentary throughout the battle.
    An interesting battle that was not one sided (though you wound up at a considerable disadvantage, it's not like either one of you took the entire game on the back of one guy).
    Well-formatted piece, with regular status, percentage and score updates.
    Additional formatting props: use of gifs, ease of knowing who's pokemon is whose and doing what, how text is set up between comments and log, post game discussion.

Overall, it was an excellent and enjoyable read. My minor gripes should stand to show how good the warstory actually is. Great job!

Edit: Additional points for Salac/Flail. I keep playing Battle Factory on Emerald prior to Platinum's release and last week I wound up with Flail/Endure/?Salac? users almost every time. It takes me back *sniff*
  7. -Marcel-

-Marcel-

Hey mate.

Exciting read, nice formatting. Good job =)

xxx
  8. Rafflesia

Rafflesia

Another great warstory by LegacyRider! Love the Pinsir sweeping and I enjoyed the smaller sprites.

Nothing bad to say about this at all.
  9. Lightsabre

Lightsabre

great as usual LR. Keep 'em comin'!
  10. Garganator

Garganator

Really good read with also good looking format. Also I like this battle and it really proves that Ludicolo is sick for UU tier, if you don't have a Chansey in your team. But I really like this one. Good job LR.
  11. Wes

Wes

I generally don't like UU warstories, but this one was really well written. It was very entertaining, thanks
  12. The Koopinator

The Koopinator

What can I say that others haven't? This warstory was excellent. Stuff like this makes me think there should be a writer badge or some such.
  13. Darkmalice

Darkmalice Captain Underpants
    is a Community Contributor

I feel much more incentive to have Focus Punch on Ludicolo now, letting it move after Clefable/Blissey/any other pokemon, and hopefully finishing them off with Surf.

Great warstory!
  14. Jun.

Jun.

Very nice LR :D I do enjoy your warstories a whole lot :] Keep them up!
  15. locopoke

locopoke doesn't give a fuck!!!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

As usual, great warstory and nice commentary.
  16. -Mind-

-Mind-

awesome battle with good commentary.
  17. Bad Ass

Bad Ass i'm the epitome of public enemy
    is a Tiering Contributoris a GS2 Winneris a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

Firstly, this was great, nice job LR. The reason I'm posting is to speak up for Master12345. I'm friends with him and he doesn't have a Smogon account.
  18. Thorns

Thorns

it wasn't too great actually. around half way when ludicolo started buttfucking you I couldn't watch =[
    you're not joking about sloppy slowbro play. out of interest, why do you use the arcanine lead? personally I don't find it to be too great.
    nice work with the pinsir though.
  19. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I do remember reading this warstory awhile ago, and surprised I didn't chime in on it (despite LR specifically making a reference to me, how rude!). Anyway, great story dude, and I have to admit those Avi's are pretty cool
  20. CREAM_93

CREAM_93

great warstory as usual LR! its good to see how you have one a warstory for both versing and using a rain team! As much as you did not invent rain teams, you have shed a new light upon us with your articles you have written up for rain, hail and gravity teams. If possible i would like to see warstories for hail and gravity team battles as we all know it would be spectacular, as usual!
  21. Ryuk

Ryuk

Very well organized warstory and very enjoyable to read! I loved the Pinsir victory.
  22. Seth

Seth

Really good Warstory, and i like Pinsir too!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)