UU Warstory - Dodging Bullets

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Great Battle, Pinsir, Great Comments, Pinsir, Great Layout, Pinsir.

This is probably your finest warstory yet, and that's saying something. Great job.

Cons:
You forgot some either obvious or already detailed things mid-battle that you should either know or at least have predicted (primarily w/ the "I don't know if Ludicolo has Rain Dance).
Some relatively unimportant hax.

Pros:
Excellent commentary throughout the battle.
An interesting battle that was not one sided (though you wound up at a considerable disadvantage, it's not like either one of you took the entire game on the back of one guy).
Well-formatted piece, with regular status, percentage and score updates.
Additional formatting props: use of gifs, ease of knowing who's pokemon is whose and doing what, how text is set up between comments and log, post game discussion.

Overall, it was an excellent and enjoyable read. My minor gripes should stand to show how good the warstory actually is. Great job!

Edit: Additional points for Salac/Flail. I keep playing Battle Factory on Emerald prior to Platinum's release and last week I wound up with Flail/Endure/?Salac? users almost every time. It takes me back *sniff*

Another great warstory by LegacyRider! Love the Pinsir sweeping and I enjoyed the smaller sprites.

Nothing bad to say about this at all.

Really good read with also good looking format. Also I like this battle and it really proves that Ludicolo is sick for UU tier, if you don't have a Chansey in your team. But I really like this one. Good job LR.

I generally don't like UU warstories, but this one was really well written. It was very entertaining, thanks

What can I say that others haven't? This warstory was excellent. Stuff like this makes me think there should be a writer badge or some such.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I feel much more incentive to have Focus Punch on Ludicolo now, letting it move after Clefable/Blissey/any other pokemon, and hopefully finishing them off with Surf.

Great warstory!

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Firstly, this was great, nice job LR. The reason I'm posting is to speak up for Master12345. I'm friends with him and he doesn't have a Smogon account.

it wasn't too great actually. around half way when ludicolo started buttfucking you I couldn't watch =[
you're not joking about sloppy slowbro play. out of interest, why do you use the arcanine lead? personally I don't find it to be too great.
nice work with the pinsir though.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I do remember reading this warstory awhile ago, and surprised I didn't chime in on it (despite LR specifically making a reference to me, how rude!). Anyway, great story dude, and I have to admit those Avi's are pretty cool

great warstory as usual LR! its good to see how you have one a warstory for both versing and using a rain team! As much as you did not invent rain teams, you have shed a new light upon us with your articles you have written up for rain, hail and gravity teams. If possible i would like to see warstories for hail and gravity team battles as we all know it would be spectacular, as usual!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)