UU Warstory: LonelyNess vs. -Cynthia-

The comments really sold me on this warstory. Having comments from both players really gives you some insight on the reasons behind the moves made.

Nice warstory

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Awesome, awesome, AWESOME!! Great game you guys :D

BTW-- I just had a battle with Manaphree, he does seem like a cool guy and very good battler. :o

Pure love for this warstory. Beautifully interesting strategy lonelyness.

Quick Attack > Brave Bird Swellow = <3

As much as people say swellow has "a crappy move-pool," Swellow seriously suffers some 4 move syndrom imo. Quick Attack, U-Turn, Facade, Brave Bird (which I won't use either from here out ;)), Pursuit, Protect . . . a fantastic poke that shows you don't need coverage to be a great sweeper.

Scarf Lee is a PITA though. >.>

Do you think this strategy could work in OU? I think I will try it with Chomp/Nite/Mence/ and 3 guys to take out their counters...great concept for your team!

Only Primeape and Hitmonchan does. The only reason to use either (besides U-turn on Primeape I suppose)
Theres also Agility on Chan. When you have Iron Fist and Expert Belt its kinda like having a psuedo-band while being able to change moves and boost speed.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks to everyone for all of their comments.

I'm glad that this was such a well recieved Warstory. Proofreeding it about a million times made me worried that it was crap. Glad to see that my worries were unfounded!

Oh awesome warstory great job cynthia and LonelyNess! I kinda wished cynthia used her other pokemon more then relying on claydol so much.

Awesome read, I loved reading this one, and it's great to see the insight from both battlers. Awesome battle and story:D!!

Oh awesome warstory great job cynthia and LonelyNess! I kinda wished cynthia used her other pokemon more then relying on claydol so much.
I wish I have been able to as well. Probopass is a really cool Pokemon, but I had no chance to switch it in except as a sacrifice. :(

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
whoa.... epic! thought the sweep was going down, then i saw Struggle and groaned out loud haha

Good story guys

For the record, I tested your theory in OU, and it works great. Using Garchomp/Nite/Mence and a Magnezone always opens up the way for one of the dragons to sweep.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Wow, great warstory. Except...
Once again… barring a miss that is… >_< I’m telling you, Hypnosis does NOT have 70% accuracy. I don’t really know what to do here, but I DO know that my Toxicroak walls Poliwrath six ways to Lord_Sunday, and could use the time to set up a Swords Dance. So off to Toxicroak!

Hax favors me in this instance. Time for a free switch in to my biggest sweeper
I have no idea what this is meant to mean! >.>

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
lmao, Sunday. Awesome Warstory! Just in time to hype me up for tomorrow's tour =d.

Really <3 the co-written comments =] they're sweet.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Judging by the ammount of responses, the overwhelming layout that you have presented so well and an intense yet exciting match with two established players, I am certain that this warstory deserves to be archived into our 'Warstory Archive' sub-forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)