UUPL IV Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Week 1 is finally here! Follow SPL scheduling rules. No Extensions.

The Blackthorn City Battle Girls (3) vs Slateport City Socialites (5)

ORAS UU: xMarth vs Christo.
ORAS UU: reyscarface vs ZoroDark
ORAS UU: Advantage vs hilarious
BW UU: 49 vs reachzero
BW UU: Raseri vs MeowMiXXX
DPP UU: Oglemi vs idiotfrommars
ADV UU: innovamania vs HANTSUKI
Manager: King UU vs Hogg

Mikan Island Monsters (3) vs Route 30 Youngsters (5)

ORAS UU: r0ady vs Accelgor
ORAS UU: Valentine vs DrReuniclus
ORAS UU: Eo Ut Mortus vs Ice Tea
BW UU: snagaa vs choolio
BW UU: GrilledClawitzer vs Scythe.
DPP UU: Pearl vs Kushalos
ADV UU: Mizuhime vs Meru
Manager: teal6 vs dodmen

Littleroot Lindas (5) vs Dewford Town Delinquents (3)

ORAS UU: Hairy Toenail vs YABO
ORAS UU: Pak vs Manipulative
ORAS UU: Vapo vs rozes
BW UU: Tokyo Tom vs PDC
BW UU: GULLY vs Finchinator
DPP UU: Mazz vs Heysup
ADV UU: Tricking vs Mr.378
Manager: Shiba vs fatty

The Black City Burglars (4) vs Pewter Porygon 2s (4)

ORAS UU: Kiyo vs Blunder
ORAS UU: Jirachee vs TonyFlygon
ORAS UU: TDK vs Realistic Waters
BW UU: kokoloko vs aim
BW UU: -Tsunami- vs Evan.
DPP UU: Bluewind vs atomicllamas
ADV UU: CrashinBoomBang vs Isa
Manager: FLCL vs Omfuga

Deadline is May 1st at 11:59 PM EST. Again, no extensions so please schedule and get your games done. :heart:

SCHEDULE

Last edited by a moderator:
The Blackthorn City Battle Girls vs Slateport City Socialites

ORAS UU: xMarth vs Christo.- xMarth impressed me a lot this SPL. Super strong player.
ORAS UU: Reyscarface vs Zorodark- this is the best PO player to ever grace the game... even I must bow down in the presence of my superiors.
ORAS UU: Advantage vs hilarious- Suuper BiGGG plOT TWIST: Hilarious uses stall
BW UU: 49 vs reachzero- have to accredit one of my UU tutors back in the day.. this guy and upstart chillin at the top of the PO-smogon ladder could strike fear into a toddler's heart...
BW UU: Raseri vs MeowMiXXX- another PO god but alas raseri got mad at me for continually predicting him to lose :P
DPP UU: Oglemi vs idiotfrommars- IdiotFromMars has only been bested by the best of the best (Myself, in POVT and wcop, of course).
ADV UU: Innovamania vs HANTSUKI
Manager: King UU vs Hogg- leftovers mamoswine won't save u fam

Mikan Island Monsters vs Route 30 Youngsters

ORAS UU: r0ady vs Accelgor- idk why this fucking BW PO god is in ORAS but alas he'll be just another PO player to prove that PO runs UU on this website lmfao.
ORAS UU: Valentine vs DrReuniclus- Valentine is legitimately awful at pokemon
ORAS UU: Eo Ut Mortus vs Ice Tea- I think Mortus is a really good player but idk Icey Tea is more knowledgable in the meta and pretty good too.
BW UU: Snaaga vs choolio- idk what to say about the 50th PO god runnin this tour but choolio's well-versed in any UU metagame.
BW UU: qsns vs Calloflochie- activity win
DPP UU: Pearl vs Kushalos- This fucking king.. Will style so far on kushalos. HOLY GOD.
ADV UU: Mizuhime vs Meru- Tbh I alway predict meru to lose simply because he's annoying ://
Manager: teal6 vs dodmen- idk teal's good tho
Littleroot Lindas vs Dewford Town Delinquents

ORAS UU: Hairy Toenail vs YABO- Hot off his wild 0-1 SPL run hairy toenail boutta dominate this tour once again.
ORAS UU: Pak vs manipulative- ??? lol
ORAS UU: Vapo vs rozes- Rozes is a great teambuilder and probably capable in any tier he plays. Vapo is a PS UU guy which is a quality I instantly dislike though im sure hes fine as a person :P
BW UU: Tokyo Tom vs PDC- Tokyo Don? Losing to Palkia Dialga Clash? Lmfao. Let's not get carried away.
BW UU: GULLY vs Finchinator- finch will flawlessly replicate the top 10 pokemon in usage as he does in every generation and win 70% of the time by playing safely.
DPP UU: Mazz vs heysup- LC and old gen champion. Really wish I picked this guy up instead of kratosmana... in both PL's. Lmfao.
ADV UU: Tricking vs Mr.378- team east squad
Manager: Shiba vs fatty- Fatty dislikes ORAS so shiba should just force him to play that if he wants to win... Though, a bo3 generally rewards the better player, so if he's confident in himself he might opt for that.

The Black City Burglars vs Pewter Porygon 2s

ORAS UU: Kiyo vs Blunder- Omfuga .2 vs Omfuga prime's teams? Lmfao good luck.
ADV UU: CrashinBoomBang vs KratosMana- yeah idk why I even bought this guy rofl

i was gonna get mad that i wasn't playing tokyo tom, but then i realized that he wasn't on the team we are playing this week

gully to win

Don't usually do predicts if its not just a joke, but I'll try my hand at seeing how well I understand the UU tournament community: (none where I don't pick someone)

ORAS UU: xMarth vs Christo. - highlight of the ORAS games this week, both players with quite a clear style that they prefer that works quite well for them. I think Christo will be more motivated for this match and will win.
ORAS UU: Reyscarface vs Zorodark - Zorodark is a super threatening player with a really good grasp on the tier. I've seen him play quite a few times, and he's "below the radar" in terms of how good he actually is. Reyscarface is a player that I think is perhaps overall stronger and has a really strong mentality, but we're playing specifically ORAS UU here, so I think Zorodark will take it.
ORAS UU: Advantage vs hilarious - If you ever talk to PIF seriously, you will realize he is one of the most knowledgable people about Pokemon in general. His understanding of the game is very, very complete. There are few people I would predict to win against him. Motivation remains the biggest problem.
BW UU: 49 vs reachzero - I'm unfamiliar with reachzero, but I've heard good things. Still, I have to pick someone.
BW UU: Raseri vs MeowMiXXX - I've not seen either of these guys play BW UU, but the way people talk about MeowMiXXX you would think he was the second coming of Christ. It'd be quite cool to see that confirmed!
DPP UU: Oglemi vs idiotfrommars - Tossing a coin a bit on this one, but I do know Oglemi is quite active in past-gen lower tiers.
ADV UU: Innovamania vs HANTSUKI - HANTSUKI is a consistent and talented player, and has strong experience in the tier from what I have heard. Folks have told me he's quite good, so I will put my money here.
Manager: King UU vs Hogg - Hogg has upped his competitive level a massive degree in the past few months, and I thought he was really good before that. SPL was a great experience for him especially in terms of development, I expect more consistent top tier performances on his end.

ORAS UU: Hairy Toenail vs YABO - I expect an "upset" this match, I think YABO is motivated to really bring top tier stuff and will show that off in the battle.
ORAS UU: Pak vs manipulative - When I was looking for ORAS players, this guy's name was brought up nonstop. I want to see a "new" ORAS UUer show that the hype isn't unwarranted.
ORAS UU: Vapo vs rozes - Super strong player all around, able to pick up and play tiers without much hassle. He'll do well.
BW UU: Tokyo Tom vs PDC
BW UU: GULLY vs Finchinator - If Finch brings even half of his usual level of preparation he'll have a super well matched team. He has a ton of help at his disposal and and out of his team, and even aside from all the pre-game stuff, Finch is expert at picking smart (as Omfuga says, safe) moves in game. He will be a consistent pick throughout the season, he's quite good.
DPP UU: Mazz vs heysup - In the words of Shake, "heysup the god oml"
ADV UU: Tricking vs Mr.378 - Throwing a dart here, I'm unfamiliar with either of them in this tier.
Manager: Shiba vs fatty - If Shiba forces the ORAS bo1, he should likely win as I have heard that fatty dislikes playing this tier.

ORAS UU: Kiyo vs Blunder - 11-0 last year, will repeat a similarly strong performance. In-game, one of the best players on Smogon right now, IMO.
ORAS UU: Jirachee vs TonyFlygon - Not super familiar with either in ORAS UU, but I know Jirachee as a good player.
ORAS UU: TDK vs Realistic Waters - TDK is super talented, if you give him a good team I see him winning his games this season without even looking at the sets beforehand and figuring it out on the fly.
BW UU: kokoloko vs aim - Another highlight this week, one I am excited to see. As I skipped BW, I'm not familiar with either of these guys in that tier, but both are wildly good in ORAS and BW is basically gen 6 with perma-weather and shit hazard removal. I'm giving the edge to Koko here but truthfully it could be a 50/50, aim is one of the most versatile players on the entire website and there's a reason he was the most expensive player in the draft, you can stick him in almost any tier and expect a +1 to your W/L for the week, but I think this may be his biggest challenge all season.
BW UU: -Tsunami- vs North - Shake is legitimately like the most consistent player on this site, it's crazy. He always has good records.
DPP UU: Bluewind vs atomicllamas - In the words of IronBullet, "the best DPP UU player".
ADV UU: CrashinBoomBang vs KratosMana
Manager: FLCL vs Omfuga - Both performing incredibly in official tournaments right now, I hope they play a legitimate series because seeing them both put high effort into this would be quite nice. I'll go with Omfuga if only because I think he's got an edge in ORAS UU, especially if he plays on last year's form.

The Blackthorn City Battle Girls vs Slateport City Socialites

ORAS UU: xMarth vs Christo. i love xmarth hes a great player tho christo is pretty damn consistent tho. this can go either way.
ORAS UU: Reyscarface vs Zorodark zorogoof is a god i dont want to predict vs him especially not vs a player who hasnt touched uu ever?
ORAS UU: Advantage vs hilarious pif is literally a god advantage can spend his time playing tennis lol rather than getting destroyed
BW UU: 49 vs reachzero reachzero is rusty and 49 is good at bw so yes
BW UU: Raseri vs MeowMiXXX my boy meowmix is the best bw player ever noone is a competition especially not nu players.
DPP UU: Oglemi vs idiotfrommars hodor never loses unless timeouts
ADV UU: Innovamania vs HANTSUKI innovamania is a great adv uu player and idk much about hantsuki in adv uu
Manager: King UU vs Hogg if it comes down to oras bo1 this can go either way but if its bo3 hogg got this pretty safe

Littleroot Lindas vs Dewford Town Delinquents

ORAS UU: Hairy Toenail vs YABO hairy toenail is the best unstoppable u got this fam, love yabo tho
ORAS UU: Pak vs manipulative pak is way better at playing i havent seen manipulative playing at a good level only know he builds good but kinda standard shit only tho
ORAS UU: Vapo vs rozes rozes is too cute to predict against, vapo is p decent tho
BW UU: Tokyo Tom vs PDC kek
BW UU: GULLY vs Finchinator his po bw uu team dump is great and finchi is decent at bw uu but gully is a beast should be hard
DPP UU: Mazz vs heysup heysup? lose? lol jesus christ
ADV UU: Tricking vs Mr.378 no idea how either of those play this tier
Manager: Shiba vs fatty same as hogg kink

The Black City Burglars vs Pewter Porygon 2s

ORAS UU: Kiyo vs Blunder my bro just gonna bring cm slowking and win every week, smashed me in every spl tests he doesnt lose.
ORAS UU: Jirachee vs TonyFlygon Jirachee is good decent enough for oras uu tony flygon is a god from what ive heard, shud be fun.
ORAS UU: TDK vs Realistic Waters tdk is gooood and talented, rw is good too so idk my feelings say tdk
BW UU: kokoloko vs aim hype match :o aim is godlike at everything he touches but koko is way more knowledgable and should be ok
BW UU: -Tsunami- vs North shake is insane i dont see him losing this he got this
DPP UU: Bluewind vs atomicllamas ik bluewing is god but i trust llamas that he can pull off a w
ADV UU: CrashinBoomBang vs KratosMana the power of zückerli will be with cbb, but anti is very decent at adv uu this will be close ZERRRRRRRRRRO
Manager: FLCL vs Omfuga flcl's very good and will make omfugas life hard but omfuga is just great what else to say, just bring twave.

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello all, i made an SPL-esque schedule so that no one misses the games they want to see. If you're playing this week please fill in when you are playing.

Ill be updating it each week, if i mod could add it to the OP that'd be great n_n

CLICK ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)