1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Uxie (QC 0/2)

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by Thundrcunt, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Thundrcunt

Thundrcunt

UXIE

[​IMG]

[Overview]

<p> Uxie is a bulky support Pokemon blessed with good defenses (75 in HP, 130 in Defence and Special Defence) that can provide good overall team support. It has a niche in it's access to Imprison, good bulk, and a good 95 Speed, and a variety of support moves. Uxie takes neutral damage from all spread moves, and has immunity to earthquake. Using Uxie is easy, however outside of it's Trick Room/Imprison combination, it's outclassed by Cresselia in the role of a bulky support psychic. </p>

[SET]
    name: Bulky Imprison
    move 1: Imprison
    move 2: Trick Room
    move 3: Psychic/Helping Hand
    move 4: Protect
    item: Sitrus Berry/Leftovers
    nature: Bold/Calm
    ability: Levitate
    evs: 252 HP / 84 DEF / 162 SP.D

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> This Set is used to Imprison the enemy, preventing them from using Trick Room and Protect (Slashed in on almost every Pokemon in VGC play). The EVs give mixed bulk, with slightly more emphasis on Special Defense, in order to survive Chandelure, Alakazam, and other strong neutral/Super Effective STAB more easily from Special Threats. The last moveslot is a matter of choice. Psychic provides reliable STAB, always useful to avoid becoming "Taunt Bait" and killing off weakened opponents when you have nothing else to do, wheras Helping Hand helps out any ally attempting to KO a major threat.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Uxie's most efficient item is Sitrus Berry recovering 33% of it's health, preferred over Leftovers due to the sheer speed of the VGC metagame. However, Leftovers is still an efficient form of healing, giving it mild recovery and increasing it's general longevity, recovering 1/16 of it's health each turn, as well as "negating" sandstorm and hail's residual damage.</p>

[Other Options]

<p> A Physically Defensive spread can be used over spread if you have more problems taking Physical spread moves (Such as the Ulbiquitous Rock Slide). 252 HP/252 SPD is also an option, but most TR setups aren't too fast in the first place, making this spread slightly useless. You can run double screens, but it has virtually nothing over Cresselia, which holds a lot more bulk. Heal Bell is also a decent option if you stuggle with status, but the sheer rarity of VGC stall makes it pretty obsolete. Magic Coat bounces back Priority Taunt, Spore, and other threats to your Uxie's usability. Mental Herb is also a </p>

<p>For a partner, Fake Out support helps Uxie get off the Imprison something that would set up something detramental to your team, Or get off the Imprison on something that would outspeed and possibly OHKO. A strong STAB earthquake from something like a Garchomp is also not a bad idea, especially when running Helping Hand in the 3rd Moveslot.<p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p> Pretty much anything with powerful Super Effective STAB can kill it easily, such as means Tyranitar's Crunch and Scizor's Bug Bite. Chandelure just makes Uxie look buns, being able to imprison faster then Uxie can (Unless you're running Max Speed), and 2HKOing with Shadow Ball makes Uxie a dead little... sleepy yellow thing. Taunt makes Uxie pretty much useless outside of it's laughable STAB Psychic, and getting</p>
  2. Iceblade157

Iceblade157

Though this hasn't been worked on / started yet, I'll still give a suggestion - what about Dual Screen and Trick Room support?
  3. cosmicexplorer

cosmicexplorer pewpewpew
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Don't give suggestions before the analysis is ready for QC.
  4. Thundrcunt

Thundrcunt

YO NIGGAS I'M FINALLY READY FOR THE QUALITY CONTROL.
    Lol. Took me like a month to do this.
    ..Friggin' Uxie...
  5. Tyler

Tyler No Longer Live
    is a VGC1 Winner

Being shouldn't be capitalized.
  6. Thundrcunt

Thundrcunt

:evan: Kind of a Nitpick...
  7. Iceblade157

Iceblade157

Since this is ready for QC, what about Heal Bell for team support. Make it a slash or something.
  8. Thundrcunt

Thundrcunt

Heal Bell is in OO. it's not really good enough to be slashed in on the main set.
  9. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOP

if you're going to run few speed ivs, then run 2 Spe (iirc it's either that or 3 spe) as the iv to get a stronger hidden power ice.
  10. Thundrcunt

Thundrcunt

Thanks. I'll confirm the exact IV tomorrow and implement the change.
  11. sandman

sandman Bum bum bum bum
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Protect always gets the last slot and Psychic should probably be in the third. Its usually not a good idea to leave a Pokemon attack less.
  12. Thundrcunt

Thundrcunt

But Protect is more important then the 4th move (It's an imprison set nigga -_-)
    Also, I NEED QCs.
  13. Paradoxus

Paradoxus

No matter what, Protect is ALWAYS the first move
  14. muffinhead

muffinhead b202 wifi vgc

^last move

sandman means:
    psychic
    imprison
    trick room
    protect

less slashes in the set, move everything but hh to other options. uxie should not be running a -spe nature if it stops trick room. calm or bold are preferred.
  15. Thundrcunt

Thundrcunt

Alrighty. Changes have been made.
  16. Solace

Solace falling slowly
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

the names of sets should be fairly standard, like "Bulky" for example, not your imprison joke name

protect should be the last move

the item is mental herb not focus herb

also please expand a little more on your descriptions, and try to make the wording a little more formal lol...
  17. Thundrcunt

Thundrcunt

But I like the joke name...
  18. Solace

Solace falling slowly
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

c&c standards dont really allow the use of that, unfortunately
  19. Thundrcunt

Thundrcunt

I keed, I keed.
    (Chandelure does tell Uxie to eat a massive dick tho. :truestory:)
  20. Solace

Solace falling slowly

also a sitrus berry is preferred over leftovers in my opinion, just because of the faster nature of doubles it may not even last to abuse leftovers very much
  21. Thundrcunt

Thundrcunt

Yeah, I was actually thinking that too, I might slash lefties after sitrus.
  22. Kinneas

Kinneas
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

"eat a massive dick" isn't appropriate for an analysis, so fix that. Otherwise it's fine.
  23. JimFandango

JimFandango

Lum could also be considered for dealing with sleep users seeking to incapacitate uxie for an easy kill rather than try to knock it out before it sets up.
  24. cosmicexplorer

cosmicexplorer pewpewpew

With Dark Void Smeargle banned, there are very, very few sleep users. Lum is always useful, so it's worth an OO mention, but it doesn't do anything specifically useful for Uxie, while other items are usually much more useful for it.
  25. Thundrcunt

Thundrcunt

I have returned from long vaction lol. I'll begin to continue work on this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)