V-C8: An Original B/W2 Sun Team by CedOmega

"The Sun rises...The Sun falls...The Sun will burst...And kill us all."

Hey Smogonites! Many of you may have seen me around on the server and from the nex great raters I see wandering about, I invite you all to take a look at my new team! This is my 8th official RMT and I'm almost definite that you'll all enjoy it. Over the time between my last RMT and now, my passion for Victini grew. I enjoy using it more and more with every battle we have together. For some odd reason, I used to think that V-Create+Sun was banned and upon learning that it wasn't, I decided to go with the popular theme of using weather to my advantage. Anyways, without further due, here is V-C8!

• At A Glance:

• Team Building Process:

So, I started w/ Victini as the star of team, as it was in my last RMT. It already carries massive power in a STAB V-Create, but under Sun, it reaches near monsterous physical damage to everything that doesn't resist it. Victini is moreso the scout & Trick abuser of the team, leading more that 3/5 of the time.

What is a Sun team without its Sun-setter? Ninetales tags along as the weather setter of the team. To be honest, it is an amazing annoyance under Sun; being able to set up a Sub on a counter weather switch in, and either set up its own SunnyDay or burn the opposing Pokemon w/ Will-o-Wisp.

I found a solution to T-tar threats in Landorus-T. Intimidate was really underestimated upon its release and has now become more and more popular amongst various weather teams. Landorus-T also gives the team more bulky support in terms of Intimidate being activated against physical threats.

Water threats began to become very annoying & Venusaur is already a great abuser of Sun, so it was added immediately to the team to patch up minor holes on the team.

Volcarona was then added as the secondary sweeper to the team. It usesits chance to set up and sweep effortlessly very well. With GigaDrain, it can counter Keldeo, Terrakion, and alot of other threats without an issue @ a simple +2 QD.

I needed a spinned due to the any team's wide SR and Spikes weakness. I've used Starmie on a previous Sun team in the past as a Rain countering gimmick. Suprisingly, it did wonderful! So I gave it one more shot, and it has been working successfully ever since.

The latest additon to the team, Jirachi debuts as the new scout and Trick users. It replaced Victini for the role to cover up a few holes on the team; weaknesses against some Ice & Dragon types.

• Closer Look:

Jirachi@ChoiceScarf; Serene Grace
Jolly: 252 Attk/252 Spd/4 Sp.Def
IronHead, IcePunch, U-Turn & Trick

Jirachi was added due to a suggestion, and I must say that I'm very satisfied with its addition to the team. Jirachi may be even more vulnerable to Fire attacks under Sun but if Forretress can do it, why not Jirachi? With IronHead having a high chance to make the foe flinch, I often spam the attack to wear down the opponent's team. U-turn allows it to scout and IcePunch provides good coverage for the team against Dragons. Trick is the star move for crippling when facing a set up sweeper like Bold CM Reuniclus & Keldeo intending to set up on it.

Ninetales@ChestoBerry; Drought
Timid:252 Hp/252 Spd/4 Sp.Attk
Flamethrower, SunnyDay, Rest & Will-o-wisp

Ninetales is simply here as a weather setter. When Heatran are on the opposing team, I try and avoid the obvious Flamethrower for a OHKO as much as possible. I usually go for the obvious Will-o-Wisp, following Sunny Day to get my own weather back up. Rain teams are dealt with by Starmie and, sometimes, Venusaur at +2 when Politoed is seen on the opposing team.​

Landorus-T@Leftovers; Intimidate
Adamant: 200 Hp/64 Attk/244 Spd
EarthQuake, StoneEdge, U-turn & StealthRock

Landorus-T is the setter of the team, while using a somewhat odd set to outpace Heatran threats; barr those with Scarf. It does one hell of a job at taking down physical threats like Haxorus, opposing Landorus whom lack HP(Ice), and Kyurem-B. Rotom-W deserves a special mention here, as they can threaten to KO with an HP(Ice), cripple with Will-o-Wisp, or predict the switch and counter with VoltSwitch. When sure that I can outpace, I opt for U-turn to scout and at least damage it somewhat. STAB EQ with its massive upgrade in Attack power and Adamant nature is its best weapon on my arsonal. I've moreso considered SmackDown over StoneEdge to continue my ability to hit Levitators and Flying types with EQ, Maybe some support could help me with making the change?​

Venusaur@LifeOrb; Chlorophyll
Naive: 80 Attk/252 Sp.Attk/176 Spd
GigaDrain, HP(Ice), EarthQuake & Growth

Basically the best Sun abuser on the team besides Victini. Venusaur is the most adverse Pokemon of the team, as it can sweep and regain Hp at the same time at a +2 LO boosted GigaDrain; such as that from Volcarona(barr the added power from Venusaur's STAB).​

Volcarona@LifeOrb; FlameBody
Timid: 252 Sp.Attk/252 Spd/4 Def
FieryDance, BugBuzz, GigaDrain & QuiverDance

My most favored bug from B/W, Volcarona makes a debut on the team as the secondary sweeper. Volcarona is very deadly witout Sun and even moreso with it up. This set gets the job done well and in style! Rain enducing Politoed and Keldeo variants no longer threaten my moth once at +2. I only have a few words to say to those who underestimate this set, "You will regret doing that..."

Starmie@Leftovers; NaturalCure
Timid: 252 Hp/252 Spd/4 Def
Psyshock, Thunderbolt/HP(Fire), Recover & RapidSpin

Starmie appears to be out of place on the team, right? Or so you thought. Its Water and Psychic typing allowed me to utilize its moves set to built it around functioning under Sun effectively. Notice that it lacks a crippled attack in its moveset due to running Psyshock over Surf, which is used popularly amoungst other Starmie to counter Rain teams. Starmie does, however, help lure in CB Scizor due to its Pursuit trapping ability; only to be OHKO'ed by a suprise boosted HP(Fire). Now, Thunderbolt is to handle Gyarados threats against my team outside of rain.​

• Importable:
Victini@ChoiceScarf
Trait: Victory Star
Jolly nature
252 Attk/252 Spd/4 Hp
V-Create, BoltStrike, U-turn & Trick

Ninetales@Leftovers
Trait: Drought
Modest nature
252 Sp.Attk/ 136 Spd/120 Hp
FireBlast, SunnyDay, Substitute & Will-o-Wisp

Landorus-T@Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
Adamant nature
200 Hp/64 Attk/244 Spd
Earthquake, StoneEdge, U-Turn & StealthRock

Venusaur@LifeOrb
Trait: Chlorophyll
Modest nature
252 Sp.Attk/252 Spd/4 Hp
GigaDrain, SludgeBomb, HiddenPower(Ice) & Growth

Volcarona@LifeOrb
Trait: Flame Body
Timid nature
252 Sp.Attk/252 Spd/4 Def
FieryDance, BugBuzz, GigaDrain & QuiverDance

Starmie@Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Timid nature
252 Hp/252 Spd/4 Sp.Attk
Psyshock, Thunderbolt/HiddenPower(Fire), Recover & RapidSpin

Current Threat List:

Dugtrio:
  • Focus Sash - Hopefully Venusaur isn't dead to handle it...
Keldeo:
  • Choice Scarf / Specs/Calm Mind - Can be dealt with using Venusaur and possibly Volcarona if my sun is up. On the other hand, if Ninetales dies before the other weather inducer, it could be troublesome...
Latias & Latios:
  • Choice Specs /Scarf/Calm Mind -Very trouble some if it outpaces Volcarona before +2 QD...
Reuniclus:
  • Offensive Trick Room- If Volcarona can't OHKO or Victini Trick it Scarf while setting up TR, I'm screwwed...

• Former Team Member(s)

Victini@ChoiceScarf; VictoryStar
Jolly: 252 Attk/252 Spd/4 Hp

V-Create, BoltStrike, U-Turn & Trick

The scout of the team, Victini often leads to foil the opposing lead Pokemon's set(s) with Trick. Set up sweepers like DDnite have often fallen for this TrickScarf set when expecting a U-turn and locked into DD. Under the Sun forecast, Victini's damage taken from Water type attacks is lowered, meaning I doesn't really need to fear much from weaker Water attacks while attacking with BoltStrike or scouting with U-turn.​

Enjoy the team! -CedOmega

For some reason, when I posted the thread, a few extra spaces were added. Please excuse them, I'll fix it later. Thank you.

Hi, nice Sunny Day Team!

I would change the set of Ninetales in a more defensive as the Chesto Rest. Why do you always recommend? Why is the most resistant of all, and provides you with the sun in the field, the extension also possible thanks to Rest allows Ninetales to recover all the energy when it is about to lose all HP curandoti from any annoying status, for instance poison , paralysis.
I noticed that your team has no guaranteed income against Tornadus-T under the rain to do any major damage. To solve this problem I apporterei two changes.
First I would change the Rapid Spinner in one place also capable of Stealth Rock. I would use Donphan, which in addition to out of the way the Hazards, also has Ice Shard as an important priority move, which helps to kill the Dragon opponents.
Second thing now that you Donphan who places the Stealth Rock, I would change Landorus-T with Cresselia, which helps against Tornadus-T and the Dragon and the Sunny Day Team also works very well.
Good Luck, with your team!

Sets

Ninetales (F) @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Rest
- Sunny Day
- Will-O-Wisp

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 40 SAtk / 220 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight

Hey, nice sun team.

You're team is quite weak to one of the most common sun counters: Latias. Everything on your team is OHKO'd after Stealth Rocks by Draco Meteor. In the same way you're team is rather weak to physical DD users like Dragonite and Salamence. Even though Landorus-T has intimadte and a lot of bulk, it still doesn't like taking Outrages / Dragon Claws. I'd suggest changing Victini -> Scarf Jirachi and changing Hidden Power [Fire] -> Hidden Power [Ice] on Venusaur. This way you can revenge kill Outrage locked dragons with Ice Punch and have something that can take a Draco Meteor to an extent. Jirachi does scouting and Tricking just as well as Victini, but does better vs dragons. Iron Head is great for flinches and STAB. Jirachi also gives you a switch in to Tornadus-T, which can just Hurricane away on your team as it is now, and KO it with Ice Punch. I don't think you need HP Fire as much on Venusaur as Scizor isn't much of a problem. Being able to revenge kill dragons like Garchomp and Salamence, which Jirachi can not always outspeed at +1, looks like something your team could use better.

Secondly I noticed that your sweepers are both special attackers. Your team has a tough time handling Chansey / Blissey so I'd recommend running Swords Dance -> U-turn on Landorus-T. The best you can do at the moment is Trick it and if that fails all you can do is Earthquake with Landorus-T which Chansey can just Wish / Softboil away. With Swords Dance you can do damage to Chansey to an extent that it can't Softboil stall you anymore (64% - 75%), making it easier to deal with the pink blobs and to sweep with Venusaur / Volcarona.

Now for some smaller things, don't run Thunder on Starmie. Change it to Thunderbolt. Thunder has decreased accuracy in sun so it's really unreliable. Thunderbolt allows you to have a solid way of dealing with Gyarados outside of rain. For the second move slot, you might be better of running Recover. Your team really doesn't have any trouble with Scizor and with Jirachi and Venu's HP Ice you don't really need Ice Beam as much anymore either. Being able to spin is really important since you carry an offensive Volcarona so I think making Starmie more durable is more important than either of those moves. The move set you run now is quite defensive so you can make the ev spread more defensive but it's up to you if you think wether that's necessary or not.
On Ninetales, I don't think you need Substitute that much. All it really does on that set is make predicting easier. You can't really stall something out with it in combination with WoW since it's damage is constant. Running Solarbeam looks like a better idea. Since you carry Sunny Day you can use that on the obvious Politoed switch in and proceed to Solarbeam it making winning the weather war easier.

Hope I helped. Good luck !

~Sets:
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Trick
- U-turn
- Iron Head

Hi there,

Nice sun team you have here, anyway I have some advice to give you so let's go with the rate!

First of all, your team has a big weakness to Rock Polish Landorus. After a Rock Polish, it can 6-0'd you easily and also without boost in Speed you haven't switch into it. To solve this weak, I suggest you to use Bulky Life Orb Latias, replacing Volcarona. The other pokèmon are very important for your team, otherwise Volcarona can be replaced without any problem, you have already Venusaur to take advantage of sun. Then, on Ninetales, I'd change Substitute into Roar. Substitute isn't a very good move on Ninetales because it has to stay alive long to keep up the sun and lose HP due to Substitute is quite bad. Roar otherwise can be useful against many setupper like Volcarona, Dragonite and so on. Finally, I suggest you to use Thundebolt, replacing Thunder on Starmie. Thunder has only accuracy 50% when sun is up and that's really bad, Thunderbolt otherwise has always accuracy 100% so I think it's fine.

Good luck, hope I helped!

Here's the set you should use:

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Hey there,

As you already stated dragons are problematic to this team, and its quite obvious since you dont have anything to take outrage or dmeteors. Heatran is also quite problematic, basically it walls everything on this team, and if you face the one that can outspeed Landorus you are going to lose. I agree with eranu with his change of Scarf Jirachi, but try this spread: EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spd with a Jolly Nature. Since this is your only steel, you are probably going to switch on rachi basically against every dragon, and the added bulk lets you take less damages from Lo Draco meteor or Outrage of Cb Dragonite. You dont lose that much in term of speed, you still outspeed Adamant scarfmence, running max speed jirachi without genesect in Ou is not that usefull anymore, and you really need some bulk.

Now to fix your weakness to Heatran, i think you can change your volcarona and venusaur set. On venusaur you really need Earthquake to avoid being fucked by heatran, as almost any Sun team without Dugtrio. Since you need to use Earthqauke, you can as well change your hidden power fire to ice, getting more coverage. Earth+ice is one of the best coverage in the game, and its a way better than the poison stab. Hp ice lets you beat Scarfmence or Dragons locked into Outrage. Now you should also change the spread on venusaur, Modest surely lets you hit harder but the point of clorophill is to outspeed everything, so you should change your spread to outspeed scarf latios, which can be a problem otherwhise. EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd with a Naive Nature is what i use on my venusaur. The speed lets you outspeed Scarftios and the rest of the speed is on Atk to do more damage with Earthquake.

Now on volcarona i would put Hidden power Ground over Giga drain to hit Heatran harder. Giga drain doesnt help with everything here since politoed is already fucked by Bug buzz and Keldeo cant do a shit with sun up. Im not sure anyway that life orb is a good item without giga drain anyway, i think leftovers is better, witj life orb you are probably going to be stalled out some turn since a priority can finish you, and volcarona is already powerfull with a +1 with the sun so you wont miss any important ko. Also, if you change life orb make sure to put FIre blast instead of Fiery dance. Thing is, +1 fiery dance hits like a +0 fire blast, and considering fiery dance only has 50% of chances to activate i think you are going to lose time trying to get that boost since fire blast have more immediate power, also i dont think your opponent lets you spam random fiery dance.

On starmie, i think you can put recover instead of thunder and a more defensive spread to tank better keldeo's hits. Ninetales wont switch into it and Venusaur doesnt like to take damages with rain up, so starmie is your main answer to it. It also helps a bit stalling heatran in case you need to, with a max hp investiment starmie can recover 8 times stalling the heatran's fire blast and it can also recover on Lava plume of defensive Heatran. Thats it, hope i helped!

Summary of changes:
-->
: Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spd
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Giga drain --> Hidden power ground
Fiery dance--> Fire blast
Life orb --> Leftovers

Sludge bomb --> Earthquake
Hidden power fire --> Hidden power ice
Your current spread --> EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd with a Naive Nature

Thunder--> recover
your current spread --> EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 Spd Timid Nature

Hi, nice Sunny Day Team!

I would change the set of Ninetales in a more defensive as the Chesto Rest. Why do you always recommend? Why is the most resistant of all, and provides you with the sun in the field, the extension also possible thanks to Rest allows Ninetales to recover all the energy when it is about to lose all HP curandoti from any annoying status, for instance poison , paralysis.
I noticed that your team has no guaranteed income against Tornadus-T under the rain to do any major damage. To solve this problem I apporterei two changes.
First I would change the Rapid Spinner in one place also capable of Stealth Rock. I would use Donphan, which in addition to out of the way the Hazards, also has Ice Shard as an important priority move, which helps to kill the Dragon opponents.
Second thing now that you Donphan who places the Stealth Rock, I would change Landorus-T with Cresselia, which helps against Tornadus-T and the Dragon and the Sunny Day Team also works very well.
Good Luck, with your team!

Sets

Ninetales (F) @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Flamethrower
- Rest
- Sunny Day
- Will-O-Wisp

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 SAtk / 220 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
Thanks for the suggestions, Mr. Green. Though Donphan has crossed my mind, it leaves me with an enormous Rain weakness. Starmie also provides me with a revenge killer in certain situations. Donphan does seem good seeing as it has priority in IceShard, however, I'll be making the change in HP(Fire)>(Ice) to revenge dragons like Garchomp and D-Nite with Venusaur, so it sorta loses its purpose to the team. Now Cresselia is a unique suggestion, but if my weather is changed, I'm gonna practically be screwwed over. I'll try it out, though. I will be going with your Ninetales' set seeing as I've seen a popularity rise in this set. It seems efficient from afar.

Hey, nice sun team.

You're team is quite weak to one of the most common sun counters: Latias. Everything on your team is OHKO'd after Stealth Rocks by Draco Meteor. In the same way you're team is rather weak to physical DD users like Dragonite and Salamence. Even though Landorus-T has intimadte and a lot of bulk, it still doesn't like taking Outrages / Dragon Claws. I'd suggest changing Victini -> Scarf Jirachi and changing Hidden Power [Fire] -> Hidden Power [Ice] on Venusaur. This way you can revenge kill Outrage locked dragons with Ice Punch and have something that can take a Draco Meteor to an extent. Jirachi does scouting and Tricking just as well as Victini, but does better vs dragons. Iron Head is great for flinches and STAB. Jirachi also gives you a switch in to Tornadus-T, which can just Hurricane away on your team as it is now, and KO it with Ice Punch. I don't think you need HP Fire as much on Venusaur as Scizor isn't much of a problem. Being able to revenge kill dragons like Garchomp and Salamence, which Jirachi can not always outspeed at +1, looks like something your team could use better.

Secondly I noticed that your sweepers are both special attackers. Your team has a tough time handling Chansey / Blissey so I'd recommend running Swords Dance -> U-turn on Landorus-T. The best you can do at the moment is Trick it and if that fails all you can do is Earthquake with Landorus-T which Chansey can just Wish / Softboil away. With Swords Dance you can do damage to Chansey to an extent that it can't Softboil stall you anymore (64% - 75%), making it easier to deal with the pink blobs and to sweep with Venusaur / Volcarona.

Now for some smaller things, don't run Thunder on Starmie. Change it to Thunderbolt. Thunder has decreased accuracy in sun so it's really unreliable. Thunderbolt allows you to have a solid way of dealing with Gyarados outside of rain. For the second move slot, you might be better of running Recover. Your team really doesn't have any trouble with Scizor and with Jirachi and Venu's HP Ice you don't really need Ice Beam as much anymore either. Being able to spin is really important since you carry an offensive Volcarona so I think making Starmie more durable is more important than either of those moves. The move set you run now is quite defensive so you can make the ev spread more defensive but it's up to you if you think wether that's necessary or not.
On Ninetales, I don't think you need Substitute that much. All it really does on that set is make predicting easier. You can't really stall something out with it in combination with WoW since it's damage is constant. Running Solarbeam looks like a better idea. Since you carry Sunny Day you can use that on the obvious Politoed switch in and proceed to Solarbeam it making winning the weather war easier.

Hope I helped. Good luck !

~Sets:
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Ice Punch
- Trick
- U-turn
- Iron Head
Thanks for the suggestions, Eranu. Wow...I really forgot to put in Recover on Starmie's set as a secondary move for Thunder. I'll be replacing Thunder for Thunderbolt due to accuracy and IceBeam for Recover as suggested. Lol. Anyways, I really like Jirachi and will be making the change. I had a chance to test it out yesturday and found that it does well with the rest of the team, filling in the holes without taking much damage. SwordsDance on Landorus-T might not be possible, however, since it helps stop its counters from predicting and avoiding an attack. With U-Turn, I at least have a slight chance of being unpredictable of attacking or scouting Chansey/Blissey; then finishing it off with the switch in.

Hi there,

Nice sun team you have here, anyway I have some advice to give you so let's go with the rate!

First of all, your team has a big weakness to Rock Polish Landorus. After a Rock Polish, it can 6-0'd you easily and also without boost in Speed you haven't switch into it. To solve this weak, I suggest you to use Bulky Life Orb Latias, replacing Volcarona. The other pokèmon are very important for your team, otherwise Volcarona can be replaced without any problem, you have already Venusaur to take advantage of sun. Then, on Ninetales, I'd change Substitute into Roar. Substitute isn't a very good move on Ninetales because it has to stay alive long to keep up the sun and lose HP due to Substitute is quite bad. Roar otherwise can be useful against many setupper like Volcarona, Dragonite and so on. Finally, I suggest you to use Thundebolt, replacing Thunder on Starmie. Thunder has only accuracy 50% when sun is up and that's really bad, Thunderbolt otherwise has always accuracy 100% so I think it's fine.

Good luck, hope I helped!

Here's the set you should use:

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
Thanks for the suggestions, Alexander.. You have some cool suggestions, although I'm making the change from my current Ninetales to that suggested by Mr. Green, but thanks nonetheless. I'm having a hard time with the transition of Volcarona>Latias. After a simple +1 QD, Volcarona can sweep. Once at a certain amount of Draco Meteor from Latias, it loses power. Contrary to Latias, the only thing that can happen to Volcarona with its current set is a stat boost or HP recovery from LO recoil while causing heavy damage. I do appreciate the suggestion, though. I'll keep Latias in mind if Volcarona seems to struggle abit on the side lines.

Hey there,

As you already stated dragons are problematic to this team, and its quite obvious since you dont have anything to take outrage or dmeteors. Heatran is also quite problematic, basically it walls everything on this team, and if you face the one that can outspeed Landorus you are going to lose. I agree with eranu with his change of Scarf Jirachi, but try this spread: EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spd with a Jolly Nature. Since this is your only steel, you are probably going to switch on rachi basically against every dragon, and the added bulk lets you take less damages from Lo Draco meteor or Outrage of Cb Dragonite. You dont lose that much in term of speed, you still outspeed Adamant scarfmence, running max speed jirachi without genesect in Ou is not that usefull anymore, and you really need some bulk.

Now to fix your weakness to Heatran, i think you can change your volcarona and venusaur set. On venusaur you really need Earthquake to avoid being fucked by heatran, as almost any Sun team without Dugtrio. Since you need to use Earthqauke, you can as well change your hidden power fire to ice, getting more coverage. Earth+ice is one of the best coverage in the game, and its a way better than the poison stab. Hp ice lets you beat Scarfmence or Dragons locked into Outrage. Now you should also change the spread on venusaur, Modest surely lets you hit harder but the point of chlorophyll is to outspeed everything, so you should change your spread to outspeed scarf latios, which can be a problem otherwise. EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd with a Naive Nature is what i use on my venusaur. The speed lets you outspeed Scarftios and the rest of the speed is on Atk to do more damage with Earthquake.

Now on volcarona i would put Hidden power Ground over Giga drain to hit Heatran harder. Giga drain doesnt help with everything here since politoed is already fucked by Bug buzz and Keldeo cant do a shit with sun up. Im not sure anyway that life orb is a good item without giga drain anyway, i think leftovers is better, with life orb you are probably going to be stalled out some turn since a priority can finish you, and Volcarona is already powerfull with a +1 with the sun so you wont miss any important ko. Also, if you change life orb make sure to put Fire blast instead of Fiery dance. Thing is, +1 fiery dance hits like a +0 fire blast, and considering fiery dance only has 50% of chances to activate i think you are going to lose time trying to get that boost since fire blast have more immediate power, also i dont think your opponent lets you spam random fiery dance.

On starmie, i think you can put recover instead of thunder and a more defensive spread to tank better keldeo's hits. Ninetales wont switch into it and Venusaur doesnt like to take damages with rain up, so starmie is your main answer to it. It also helps a bit stalling heatran in case you need to, with a max hp investiment starmie can recover 8 times stalling the heatran's fire blast and it can also recover on Lava plume of defensive Heatran. Thats it, hope i helped!

Summary of changes:
-->
: Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spd
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Giga drain --> Hidden power ground
Fiery dance--> Fire blast
Life orb --> Leftovers

Sludge bomb --> Earthquake
Hidden power fire --> Hidden power ice
Your current spread --> EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd with a Naive Nature

Thunder--> recover
your current spread --> EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 Spd Timid Nature
Thanks for the suggestion, Neliel Tu Oderschvank. I've considered the set for Starmie that you suggested and tested it out while testing Jirachi. The loss in power kinda sucked but I was able to play around it, so I enjoyed it. I'll make the change. As for the change in the suggested Jirachi set, I think I'll stick with that of Eranu's suggestion. FirePunch is cool, but I'm always thinking of what I'd do without my own weather up. Trick helps just a bit more in the sense, seeing as it can cripple more foes than that of FirePunch. It's similar to what I saw in Trick on Victini to say the least. I'm changing Landorus' set a bit so that Heatran can't outpace without a Scarf. Thanks for pointing that out, by the way. I'm trying to keep GigaDrain for Water type switch in expecting to wall FieryDance and revenge Volcarona. GigaDrain also keeps up somewhat of a suprise factor on it, too, while helping it keep the momentum going with LO recoil being taken and HP regained.

On a side note, Volcarona can handle most dragons at +2 under Sun and while given SR support. Dragonite is really the only switch out I'd have to make when facing any dragon. Jirachi can handle them easily enough on its own. So thanks for the suggestions Guys, keep'em coming!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)