Valar Morghulis

Sup everyone. Welcome to my first Gen 6 RMT. This is a team not too long ago and I've had good success with it. I've passed it a couple of people as well and took a liking to the team so I felt maybe I could show it off in an RMT. The idea of the team was to basically to use Mega Charizard Y and Azumarill on the same team and go from there and see what I got. So let's just get right into it.

In-Depth Look

I'm Fat (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Hippowdon is here because I needed some bulky presence on the team and a good check to Aegislash. I went with a Specially Defensive spread to better take on Mixed Shadow Ball Aegislash. This allows me to take Shadow Balls really well and OHKO after it attacks me because I'm slower. Even with mixed defensive I can still check a lot of physical threats pretty well, I just need to be more careful about how much damage I let it take to be able to do so. The moveset it nothing fancy and is pretty self explanatory.

Genocide (Genesect) @ Choice Band
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam

Man, I really love this set. It's so underrated, everyone just loves to use the scarf set but forget that Genesect can do much more than run a scarf set and just spam U-Turn. I really saw how effective this set was after getting beat by Tox when he used it against me during a test battle I had against him. Genesect is a key member of this team and has clutched me several games. U-Turn is standard and gives me momentum, Extreme Speed is there for revenge killing weaken threats if they are faster. Iron Head gives me something to hit Fairies extremely hard and lastly Ice beam is for Gliscor and Landorus-T. With this set, I can clean up late game after Charizard blows holes in teams. If Azumarill isn't able to sweep, Genesect is able to clean the remains with Extreme Speed after the team with a +1 Atk boost under my belt.

Melissandre (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Latias is on the team for Defog purposes and being a bulky check to Manaphy, Keldeo, and Rotom-W. The HP EV gives me a Life Orb number and some bulk to be able to withstand attacks. With the Special Attack EV I'm able to 2HKO Mega Venusaur who is massive nuisance not just to this team but in general. I added Life Orb because otherwise, Latias hits more like a wet noodle than it already does. Defog allows me to clear off Stealth Rock for Charizard and Stick Web for Genesect who doesn't appreciate the speed drop. Lastly, Roost gives me longevity to be able to keep taking hits throughout the match. I did have Healing Wish in the last slot as a desperation move to save one of my teammates when Latias was going to be that useful for me but Roost felt better here.

Drogon (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Holy shit this thing is so strong. I criminally over looked this guy for so long. With Sun backing its main STAB move you can 2HKO so many things its not even funny. Charizard is a decent lure for Heatran when people expect a Fire Blast and just end up taking a Focus Blast. Solar Beam will beat Rotom-W and other bulk waters. Lastly, Roost because I'm not always able to Defog the rocks away and gives longevity if I get low on health. As long as I can keep rocks cleared, Charizard can free come in and out to dent the opposing team. This slot is easily interchangable with Mega Zard X though when I do that I can't breakthrough Heatran as well as I would hope since I don't normally run Earthquake but Roost to mitigate the Flare Blitz recoil.

Souls (Aegislash) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 232 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
IVs: 30 Def
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Aegislash is a such a great pivot for this team. I added a second steel type since Genesect alone isn't going to cut it as a steel and Aegislash fits here to wallbreak and absorb hits. This is my main answer to Latias and Latios with Defog, while they spend the turn to Defog the hazards I can freely come in and force them to eat a Shadow Ball with something on their team. The 24 Atk EV are enough to put Tyranitar in a range where Shadow Sneak can kill it if it doesn't die to a Sacred Sword with Stealth Rocks up. Quiet nature gives Shadow Ball the power to hit hard enough and lower my speed to be slower to tank a hit and dish out one afterwards. I do run 30 IVs in Defense to not give Genesect the Special Attack boost to avoid dying to a Flamethrower.

Blue Dreams (Azumarill) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Belly Drum

Last but not least Azumarill. Azumarill is here to sweep and break stall teams. After a Belly Drum it might as well be a wrap, its just that strong. Despite being abysmally slow the max speed and Jolly will outspeed Rotom-W that don't run speed investment or are under creeping to be able to have the slow Volt Switch and OHKO with a Play Rough. Once I can clear Mega Venusaur, Azumarill is basically free to sweep. If something does go wrong and I can't sweep the opposing team should be weak enough for CB Genesect to clean up.

Conclusion
Well that's the team and its brought me pretty good success having laddered to 1400 on PO with this team before I stopped. I don't really feel like I just straight lose to things I can usual cover everything that I face. Greninja is a bit of an issue since I can't really take many hits from it. Otherwise, I can usually play around most things. Feel free to rate and give your thoughts.

I'm Fat (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Melissandre (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Genocide (Genesect) @ Choice Band
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam

Drogon (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Blue Dream (Azumarill) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Belly Drum

Souls (Aegislash) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 232 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Last edited:

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey ima post some nitpicks since I hate rating on the icrap:

Genesect only needs 128 Spe (hits m-pinsir) and the rest should go into HP to give it some bulk against lati@s.

On Latias I'd preserve its spa over speed u only need to outrun Garchomp imo 72 Hp / 244 spa / 192 Spe should get he job done imo as the stronger dmeteor is so worth it. I'd also consider tbolt over payshock to hit azumaril.

0 Spe IVs on Aegislash pls so you beat other Aegi. Sitrius berry does it better than lefties but that's preference.

Nice use of hippo imo. Sorry I can't fully rate this :/

Last edited:
A few things I noticed:

Choice Banded Diggersby OHKOes your whole team besides Hippo which still takes 70% from Return. Agility variants clean if Hippo is gone (which can't even do much to Diggs).

Banded Azumarril OHKOes Latias, Charizard, and your own Azumarril with the appropriate move for each, all your other members take over health from either play rough/waterfall. Consider a reliable switch in. Belly drum cleans if you let it set up!

Mega Charizard X 2HKOes your whole team if you let it set up (yes azu still gets 2HKOed!)

Banded Talonflame 2HKoes your whole team (Hippo 100% of the time if rocks are up).

Mega Heracross 2HOKOes your whole team without set up.

Those are probably the most relevant threats in the current meta.

Skarm might be a good option to take on Diggs and azu somewhat. Other threats can sort of be handled by your team if you play it right, but keep it in mind. It never hurts to make changes to handle them. Also Skarm destroys mega Heracross.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, im liking this team a lot, as you can see from me physically liking it haha. From what it looks like, you abuse the power that is charizard Y, hoping to break through things like Landorus, or Skarm, or ferrothorn so Azumarill can sweep. Azumarill is your obvious win condition, with Hippo as support and to add bulk. Aegislash also wall breaks, and manhandles stall teams, as well as providing clutch switches against things like Talonflame or Mega Luke. Latias is an excellent Defogger, and also manhandles Rotom and the like. Lastly, Genesect is a clean/wallbreaker. I personally think this is the weak link, as Band bug is kind of... Meh. Its not bad, but it doesnt really seem to do much for your team. Landorus really does a number, forcing in the char, putting pressure on Latias. It comes in freely off 3/4 of gene's moves, can bait the sacred sword with common teammates, and can come in on hippo all day.

With all those things, i think switching Genesect to Bisharp is nice. With intimidate users running around its easy to grab a quick boost and wreck face, knock off is a far better utility move, lando cant switch in on it at all, and in general its a better physical attacker. It has far better synergy with your teammates, and Sucker Punch can be arguably better than Extremespeed, bc of typing. With Knock Off, you gain another stallbreaker, and even an extra late game sweeper. This also cleans up a tiny Tyranitar problem you have, as it can come in and pursuit trap several pokemon and deal a huge hit (espeed from gene, latias, and charizard y).

Next, I would run Thunderbolt>Roost on Latias. This, as Shurtugal said, lets you beat Azumarill, as well as being an excellent move in general. Roost isnt really needed as Latias is supposed to be a fast defogger early game, not so much a pivot as she was last generation. Running Shurtugal's EV spread is also suggested. That's really it, and to the user above, none of those pokemon really threaten his team outside talonflame, who still cant beat aegislash 1 v 1 due to kings shield. Most of your other "threats" are slow, meaning they are easily played around. And lol, diggersby. Good Luck with your team! Hope I helped!

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 164 HP/ 252 Atk/ 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Choice Banded Diggersby OHKOes your whole team besides Hippo which still takes 70% from Return. Agility variants clean if Hippo is gone (which can't even do much to
Diggs).

I dont really agree with this, CB diggersby has a poor match up against almost all of this team. Sure, it can force AEgislash out, but with 2 EQ immunities, it can be played around. Other than that, Diggersby with a CB is going to get beat by pretty muh everything else, considering how slow it is and the kind of defenses it has. Again considering speed, and bulk it really isnt hard to check, and with immunities to both of its STAB on the team I dont think Diggers does all that much work. With Azumarill, and Genesect Diggers has no way to sweep.

Banded Azumarril OHKOes Latias, Charizard, and your own Azumarril with the appropriate move for each, all your other members take over health from either play rough/waterfall. Consider a reliable switch in. Belly drum cleans if you let it set up!

This is where I tend to agree. You need a Belly Jet check, and this is where I agree with TCR. Thunderbolt on latias is pretty useful to hit azu and togekiss.

Mega Charizard X 2HKOes your whole team if you let it set up (yes azu still gets 2HKOed!)

You cant ask for a better mega zard X check than Hippo, though. I dont see this as too much of an issue with hippo alive, and gene's e-speed to fall back on!

Banded Talonflame 2HKoes your whole team (Hippo 100% of the time if rocks are up).

Banded talonflame will die to rocks and recoil too fast. It can be checked pretty well with Hippo who just phazes it out assuring death.

Mega Heracross 2HOKOes your whole team without set up.

Slow and piss easy to check. Latios, and Zard both switch in and scare it out unless it is a predicting machine.

Pretty much all the mons you listed a check on this exists, and pretty reliable ones too

Anyways, on the topic of Latias, I'd like to make a change to it if youre running thunderbolt on it.

Latios @ expert belt
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252 satk / 252 spe / 4 hp
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

So, again, I think thunderbolt is pretty damn valuable here as an azumarill check and just makes it such that it and togekiss fail to take advantage of you. Thing is, latios hits ~just~ about as hard as life orb latias, however, considering the recoil difference LAtios ends up having better survivability despite weaker bulk. A super effective move of course greatly outdamages it. This set also has the benefit of a choice feign.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think you should replace aegislash with a heatran. Aegislash leaves you vulnerable to a lot of slow and bulkier heavy hitters. Its weakness to ground/fire can really put pressure on your team and force you to make really risky plays.

Heatran synergizes well with charizard's sun, provides some unique resistances to your team, and gives you some added offense.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
- Lava Plume / Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Flame Charge / Taunt / HP Ice

All right I'm going to answer to all of the rates.

Shurtugal, thanks for the rate. I like the addition of T-Bolt and the EVs, so I'll change to the new one. I don't get the suggestion of 128 speed on Gene for M-Pinsir. Typo?

cytoid, saying that things 2HKO my team isnt really that helpful if I have ways to handle them. Diggersby can be handled with Azumarill's Aqua Jet, since Diggersby fears the Choice Banded set. It can't really spam Return considering I have a ghost type. Zard X is only a problem if I allow it to set up but its not really setting easily on against my team even then I have Hippo and priority. Talonflame is a bit of an issue but I can usually play around it. Mega Heracross, like Porky mentioned, is handled by Latias and Zard. Where would I fit Skarm on this team?

porky, I'll try E-Belt Latios but my issue is would be losing some bulk. I'll give it try and report back.

TCR, I'm not completely sold on Bisharp for this team but I get where you're coming from. I'll do more testing with it.

chimpact, I tried Heatran over Aegislash but it made Mega Lucario harder to handle.

All right I'm going to answer to all of the rates.

Shurtugal, thanks for the rate. I like the addition of T-Bolt and the EVs, so I'll change to the new one. I don't get the suggestion of 128 speed on Gene for M-Pinsir. Typo?

cytoid, saying that things 2HKO my team isnt really that helpful if I have ways to handle them. Diggersby can be handled with Azumarill's Aqua Jet, since Diggersby fears the Choice Banded set. It can't really spam Return considering I have a ghost type. Zard X is only a problem if I allow it to set up but its not really setting easily on against my team even then I have Hippo and priority. Talonflame is a bit of an issue but I can usually play around it. Mega Heracross, like Porky mentioned, is handled by Latias and Zard. Where would I fit Skarm on this team?

porky, I'll try E-Belt Latios but my issue is would be losing some bulk. I'll give it try and report back.

TCR, I'm not completely sold on Bisharp for this team but I get where you're coming from. I'll do more testing with it.

chimpact, I tried Heatran over Aegislash but it made Mega Lucario harder to handle.
As I said, your team already handles all the things I listed. I just wanted to point out what threats you should look out for. As for skarm, not sure where it would fit in, but really just be aware of bellyjet azumarril. Now that I look at it skarm wouldnt have helped much anyway.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
no

the team itself is pretty cool, its pretty similar to one of my own actually. first off i'm going to say don't change to tbolt on lo latias, ever. lo latias is frailer on its on, but taking away recovery is literally turning it into a paper airplane. latias loses its backbone on a lot of threats, and on a team like this thats the last thing you need. you can't transfer all the pressure of keldeos / terraks ( lo eq) / opposing char-y / tran / etc all on azumarill. i never was fond of the idea of no-recovery latias after its dpp era run, and tbh i can't see it working well. emvee had a team with it, but i personally disagreed with it honestly as there was a clear benefit the team received from it.

some huge weaknesses i notice are mega mawile as hippo can't even take a play rough if its physical, and a sucker punch / play rough combo ESPECIALLY with rocks destroys your whole team. you can't defog against it unless you want to get destroyed or set-up on, which leaves aegislash as the only real "check" you can place on the burden of handling it. stuff like a well timed knock off or fire fang could put aegislash in a pretty dangerous spot, which is something that you don't need happening. i would suggest changing to something like heatran, but a +2 sucker punch destroys it unless you have roar, and even then that is delaying it for the most part. a wisp + roar tran set could work well in that spot, as that's the only way to guarantee a win vs a mega mawile really. mega pinsir also comes right out and destroys you if latias is weakened even just a little, as a +2 quick attack can finish you off nicely. even then, it can spam return and damage your team pretty badly in general. it outspeeds the majority of it anyway, and has the coverage moves to consistently hit your team hard. it is a bit hard to fix things like these that have such corresponding weaknesses, luckily they're both pretty uncommon. some other small issues are mamoswine / bisharp, but they can be both handled. the first way that you can really "solve" these problems is actually adding something like adding a physically defensive hippowdon with rock slide, and changing up azumarill to something like a physically defensive rotom-w to combat both threats, while also being able to avoid getting destroyed by mega luke. pinsir is beaten by rotom-w handily, which is the main reason that you should use it. rock slide hippowdon is just an option in case you need a secondary pinsir check, otherwise you can keep whirlwind.

good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)