ORAS OU VANILLAFUNKS RMT EXTRAVAGANZA!

should I run an offensive starmie with this team?

• Total voters
Introduction
Welcome one and all to my first RMT! I've been playing Pokemon on and off now since red/blue. This year however, I decided to take things a bit further than defeating team aqua and team magma and I've really put a lot of time and effort into this team. I'm curious what some of the more experienced players might have to say about my team selection. Any and all criticisms are more than welcomed( try to keep it positive though) ;)

The shquad
Buttholelips (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252Hp/162def/96spD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Spore
The day I decided to start using this monster was the actually the day I decided to play this game competitively. Amoongus is by far one of my favorite defensive/pivot Pokemon this generation boasting great defensive typing and decent offensive/support moves i think it's easy to see why I love this fungi! I felt 252 hp/162def/96spD would provide me with enough bulk to take multiple hits. couple that with sludge and regenerator AND giga-drain and you have an unkillable pivot capable of shutting down a good amount of the meta. Hidden power[fire] is for the various steel switch ins that are sure to come in on him at some point. giga drain is stab and helps with longevity. clear smog so I can take a hit or two and prevent a sweep. And then we come to what sold me on amoongus SPORE!! This move has changed the tides of battle so many times for me and amoongus gets plenty of opportunities to use it trust me 100%hit chance with only one type immunity it's too good to pass up

Dutchoven (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
Next up at bat, dutchoven (heatran).sporting an amazing typing with great resistances and immunities,dutchoven came over from my black version without me knowing just how great it actually was this generation. I needed a wall that complimented amoongus well and vice Versa. After several failed attempts with slowbros and running close 9 different variations of specially defensive "amoongi" I decided to changes things up. I bred up a more physically defensive amoongus and added heatran to the team so far my defensive core has held its own very well
248hp to give me a health pool I can work around 192spD and a calm nature so I can tank special attacks with ease 68spe was for outspeeding certain leads so I could get my taunt off and keep them from setting up hazards or getting off pesky statuses. Stealth rock is there because everyone needs rocks! Toxic is to catch switch Ins/bulky walls off guard. Lava plume has a great burn chance and keeps me from being taunt bait and protect racks up toxic damage while granting some left overs heals as well

Lan D. Savage (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
My scout, my chip damage , my intimidate, my "better hope you have a faster mon that hits me harder than I hit you"this thing serves so many roles on my team it's ridiculous.in all honesty I tried to stay away from the hype that follows landorus-t but he's just such an amazing mon that fell perfectly into place on this team. Ev spread for max speed and attack. I tried a jolly nature first and found it lacking power so I decided to run an adamant nature with a choice scarf surprisingly enough I still outrun a majority of the meta. Eq is stab, uturn is for momentum and scouting, stone edge is for flying types and I love the idea of knock off on a landorus lead it really catches people off gaurd and tends to ruin stalls late game

Mylittlepony (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs:252SpA/4SpD/252Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
For my fourth Pokemon I chose Keldeo I wanted something that could force switches and help keep things like gliscor, garchomp, lando-t (non scarfed) at bay since I was having a lot of trouble with them with this teams first draft. I think used azu originally I just kept getting outsped and 2hkod Keldeo made things much easier cause no one wants to switch into what they think is a choice specs boosted hydro pump max SpA and Spe with a timid nature to fully max out keldeos offensive presence
I decided to go with a life orb over specs because A I didn't want two choice users on one team and there's nothing worse than watching a drag switch in it eats a hydro and you're forced to change out when you could get the kill with icy wind. Scald is for potential switch ins hydro is for punching holes in things that needs holes punched into them, icy wind is for the landos and chomps and scors of the world and secret sword is for chansey and other special walls

Citizensnipz (Scizor-Mega)
@ Scizorite
Ability:Light Metal
EVs 248HP/44Atk/16Def/200SpD
Impish Nature
- Sword's Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite/Knock Off
my choice for mega scizor was pretty simple he's ties the team together pretty well in my opinion he lures out fire types which most of my team eats up he's strong against psychic types which Keldeo and amoongus struggle against he's strong against ice/dark types aswell (weavile I'm looking at you) and on top of that all he's got solid defenses with a great typing which is only solidified post mega evolving AND HE GETS TECHNICIAN. Pretty standard bulky scizor 248hp for bulk 44attack 16def and 200spd to patch up its weaker specially defensive bulk. Swords dance for boosting, roost to keep this sucker alive as long as possible bullet punch gets an amazing stab+tech boost and after a dance deals massive damage to anything that doesn't resist it, my last slot is a toss up between bug bite and knock off I normally run knock off but the added power from stab+tech bug bite has netted me some unexpected KOs in the past

SHURIKEN (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs 252hp /4Def/252spe
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect type
- Recover
My last mon is starmie I wanted a spinner that could come out against a multitude of targets and safely spin reflect type starmie was my answer on top of being able to change its typing it's wicked fast out speeding a majority of the meta game I maximized speed and health for soaking and getting the crucial reflect type off when needed a timid nature to maximize speed scald is for switches or just burning whatever you want burned recover helps with longevity, rapid spin for hazard removal and reflect type to keep things like pursuit trappers and walls that don't like potential burns (mainly ferrothorn) from using me as fodder.

Well this pretty much concludes my first team. like I said I've put a lot of time into this team and for someone who's fairly new to the competitive scene it performs very well with my play style let me know what you guys think and any improvements/corrections that I should make!

Hi there! Interesting team you have!

After looking at your team, these are problems that I noticed:
- You are quite weak to Sand Driller - Amoonguss cannot exactly 'resist' while Scarf Lando-T is a soft check at most. After some chip damage your team is pretty much run down by it.
- BirdSpam is a real threat to your team considering that Lando-T could be easily worn down.

Hence, I have some suggestions for your team:

Rotom-W > Starmie
I was quite curious when I saw Starmie because your team isn't even that weak to hazards. Maybe hazard stack is a problem but you have Heatran, which when played well, can prevent hazards pretty well. Rotom-W fulfils Starmie's role as a bulky water and has good synergy with Lando-T and MZor. It also deals with those threats I mentioned up there. In short, it's a near-perfect fit into your team. The set is standard.

U-Turn > Bug Bite/Knock Off (on MZor)
Now that you have Rotom-W that absolutely compliments MZor defensively, it would be good if you could pivot around these 2. U-Turn also allows you to gradually wear down your threats, allowing a lategame sweep.

Jolly > Adamant (on Lando-T)
I know you want more power, but the speed could make a lot of difference, especially since it's your fastest mon. Running max speed is really recommended.

Specs > LO (on Keldeo)
I can sympathise with your decision to run LO, but it compromises Keldeo's bulk which is one of the better things about Keldeo. It also compromises some power. Imo you should only ever run LO if you are running utility moves like Taunt and RestTalk. Specs is just better for the All-out Attacker set.

Sludge Bomb > HP Fire (on Amoonguss)
Since you already have Heatran and Keldeo, there isn't any point running HP Fire as you beat the things you need HP Fire for already.

Here are the sets:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb

And with that, I'm done with this rate. Hope I helped!

Edit1: typos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)