VCG at Big D (First Warstory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it been a long time since I have battled in a tournament and I guess this warstory proves it. Anyways, Toxic Spork and I went with a couple of school friends to the Convention Center to compete in this tourny and had lots of fun so lets begin!

Saturday May 29,2010

3:50 am: Finally!!! After procrastinating my team, I finished the 6th member of my team and enjoyed the 5 hour rest.:toast:

10:00 am: I head out from my house to the meeting point my friends arranged and drove to the Arlington Convention Center. Oh and we got lost... so many times.

11:00 am: arrived at the tournament and watch the juniors play their matches, took some pics and practiced battled while waiting for registration to start.

11:30 am: Got interviewed by Screw Attack! That was fun.

1:30 pm: Finally got registered and now the battles begin!

Okay here is my VGC Team: Follow Me and lets go Duck Hunting!
This team was made by Toxic Spork who is a much better team builder than I.

Lead 1

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm
252 Hp / 130 Def / 126 Sp.Def
Follow Me
Encore
Protect
Grass Knot

Lugia @ Charti Berry
Timid
252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4HP
Calm Mind
Aeroblast
Thunder
Roost

Back Up

Giratina-O @ Kasib Berry
Naive
104 Atk / 152 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Draco Meteor
Thunder
Protect
Dragon Claw

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Ice Shard
Fake out
Counter
Night Slash

Lead 2

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Naughty
255 Atk / 255 Spe
Sunny Day
Swords Dance
X-Scissor
Shadow Sneak

Zapdos @ Yache Berry
Calm
252 Hp / 252 SpDef / 4 Def
-Heat Wave
-Thunder
-Roost
-Toxic

Okay basically if the person seemed unexperienced in battling or was a 13 year old boy/girl, then I would use Lead 1. If my opponent was was wearing a duck shirt, a forum shirt, or seems like he/she/it knew there strategy, evs, ivs, etc.. then Lead 2 would go. This seemed like a good strategy at the time but there was one major flaw that destroyed me..

Battle 1: Ry vs. Joe, the 12-13 year old who thinks I hack.

This battle made me smile. The kid was wearing a national vgc t shirt from last year and trying to seem very intimidating. I seemed worried at first since this was my first battle, but then I realized that he could not be more than 13. I smiled and went with lead 1. I would explain this battle to you guys but it was a pretty quick match and beat him 4-0. During the battle because he started accusing me of hacking because thunder hit 3 times in a row. I felt kind of bad for the poor fella so I explained him his flaws and told him that rain makes thunder never miss.

Battle 2: Ry vs. Mimi, the girl who I can't read(well, now I can Seto Kaiba)

Remember earlier I told you that my team had one major flaw? Well basically, if I don't know how experienced the opponent is... well I'm screwed. This was the case with Mimi.. she was about my age, normal clothes, quiet, and somewhat intimidating. I was confused so I tried making conversation.. no luck. I was so confused.. I was thinking of sending out Lead 2 but was hesitant. I chose Lead 1..... Big mistake.

Turn 1: I lead out with Clefable and Lugia. Mimi leads with shiny Metagross and Rayquaza. Mimi uses Protect on both her Pokemon. I set up with Clefable using Follow Me and Lugia using Calm Mind. (Metagross starts to worry me because I don't have Lead 2 with me.)

Turn 2: I continue to protect Lugia by using Follow Me. Lugia thunders Rayquaza, takes 50% of its HP, and paralyzes it. Rayquaza can't move and Metagross Bullet punches Clefairy taking 15% of HP. (I start feeling better and tries to motivate myself)

Turn 3: Here is where I fall. I decided Clefable should protect itself and try my luck to thunder Rayquaza again. Rayquaza protects and thunder fails.. Then Metagross explodes. I totally forgot about that strategy and KOs Lugia.(Its about here I realize that she has some strategy behind her team and knows her stuff. I call myself a idiot in my head for not sending out Lead 2, who could have prevented this.)

Turn 4: She sents out Mewtwo and I send Giratina (which should have been Weavile). Clefable does her thing and uses follow me. Giratina tries to thunder mewtwo and misses.Mewtwo uses blizzard which hits both pokemon and takes 75% of giratina's HP and 35% of Clefable Oh and Mimi swicthes Rayquaza for Abomasnow..(No!!!! Not Abomasnow! Lead 2 was meant to counter the Ducks' and other peoples Abomasnows)

Turn 5: Another mistake happened this turn. In an effort to save Giratina, I switch to Weavile. Clefable protects itself and Weavile is hit with ice shard by Abomasnow. Mewtwo tries to hit Clefable with Aura Sphere and fails.(I try to think of something and fail.)

Turn 6: Mimi's pokemon use Protect. Clefable uses follow me and Weavile tries Fake Out.(I try to be optimistic here.)

Turn 7: I don't know why but I thought I would be good to encore abomosnow.. Why? I can't remember. Weavile can't outspeed Mewtwo which surprised me Mewtwo used Aura Sphere which KO's Weavile. ( I know there is know way to come back so I just watch my fall).

Turn 8: I pray that Mimi decides not to use blizzard so I command Clefable to use follow me. Abomasnow is still on encore and I try to use draco meteor as my last resort on Mewtwo. Of course Mewtwo uses blizzard, killing Giratina and sparing my Clefable with 35% HP left. (Well, I felt bad that my VGC experience was cut short but oh well.)

Finishing Move!: Since Clefable has awful speed and one attack, I know I can't beat her Rayquaza, Mewtwo, and Abomasnow. I tell her good game and watches as Clefable, who lasted the whole battle, die from Aura Sphere.

Well, After the match I try to ask her if she ev trained her pokemon and she just giggled... I still do not know the answer. I thank the refs, said farewell to Marriland, and wished her luck in the next rounds.

So, My first VGC tourny was pretty good in the long run. I learned that this metagame is really hard to master, but when you master it, you could have loads of fun. I also learned that it is very hard to read a person. Going back next year? Heck ya!

watch me getting owned!: 14-81672-82200

round 3, got cut short by a girl with giratina/uh.../lugia?/shedinja. I got the girl down to just a shedinja and had nothing to counter it.. She shadow sneaked my rayquaza and ko'd it before I could hit it with flamethrower and was left with just an abomasnow and mewtwo. I probably should've switched so that she couldn't get in a sunny day in but I didn't expect it at all. I didn't think she was that experienced.

Btw, in doubles,
shadow sneak > dragon claw.
I was scared as hell of your giratina possibly knowing shadow sneak.
>_<;

round 3, got cut short by a girl with giratina/uh.../lugia?/shedinja. I got the girl down to just a shedinja and had nothing to counter it.. She shadow sneaked my rayquaza and ko'd it before I could hit it with flamethrower and was left with just an abomasnow and mewtwo. I probably should've switched so that she couldn't get in a sunny day in but I didn't expect it at all. I didn't think she was that experienced.

Btw, in doubles,
shadow sneak > dragon claw.
I was scared as hell of your giratina possibly knowing shadow sneak.
>_<;
That was my Shedinja's Job!!! I knew I should have gone Shedinja/Zapdos/Giratina/Weavile...

Sucks that you lost to a smogoner. Photo album really helps. Also sucks that you had a good counter but didn't use it. Did you have fun at least?

Lol nice warstory, the flaws in the team seem obvious now that I've read this... Next time maybe we'll just use shedinja for every match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)