XY NU velcro

VELCRO
i built this team on a whim a couple of months ago, tested it several times, stopped playing nu for a while, then all of a sudden i felt like writing an rmt. this team is fun in that it utilizes a lot of criminally underrated pokemon and/or sets which are fairly decent in this metagame. it's a balanced team built to somewhat help uxie and sneasel succeed in a sweep. there's nothing much else to it; it's not some perfect team i've been refining for months so constructive feedback is always great

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Giga Drain

this is one of the pokemon i started to build around when making this team. i barely look at the neverused subforum anymore, but when i did i noticed that Soulgazer posted almost the exact same set and i agree with him that it's not used enough even though it's a commonly known set. without spiritomb anymore, uxie thrashes a lot of defensive cores and can break through them if their roar/whirlwind user is weakened. giga drain gives uxie some recovery but helps in dismantling certain cores that utilize ground-type pokemon that commonly carry knock off like seismitoad and sandslash. it also gives uxie a way to break down steelix and rhydon since they are probably the two most common roar users in the tier. although less effective, this set performs decently against some offensive teams since uxie is bulky and fast, allowing it to get off a few +1 hits. 224 speed and a timid nature allows uxie to outspeed rotom and things that fall under it like zangoose, kangaskhan, and sawk

Sneasel @ Eviolite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Ice Shard

sneasel was the other pokemon i wanted to try out, and i thought it would be a fairly decent option in tandem with uxie. because i'm not using signal beam on uxie, other psychic-types can be a little annoying, especially if they are also calm mind users. sneasel forces them out or hurts them badly thanks to knock off. i'm using a swords dance set as opposed to an all-out attacking set with pursuit because dark- and ice-type attacks are ridiculously good in general and dealing maximum amount of damage with such moves makes it very easy to wear down teams. this is especially true since if the opponent reacts defensively towards sneasel, knock off will help in breaking down cores and rendering pokemon less useful without their item

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

mixed lure sceptile is great in that it gives great qualities of both its physical and special sets in one, but it's fairly niche. i wanted this set here because steel-, fire-, and bulky poison-type pokemon are all things that i would like worn down to make it easier on uxie and sneasel. earthquake does that while hidden power fire rounds out coverage by hitting ferroseed and bug-types which could also be problematic. i suppose i can sort of achieve this with other sets but being able to hit things like muk and garbodor slightly harder without giving up the whole substitute with giga drain and life orb thing is pretty nice. this is also my biggest offensive feraligatr check so naive is chosen to reduce aqua jet damage

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin

pokemon like sneasel and sceptile really dislike hazards and hence the need for rapid spin was there. being a new addition to the tier at the time of creating this team, kabutops was a no-brainer since it provided extra priority and a fire-type check that gives my team some breathing room against strong attacks. not only that but it gave a slight buffer against normal- and flying-type attacks. while it helps sneasel with removing stealth rock and spikes, it also weakens common checks that they share which include things like seismitoad, poliwrath, ferroseed, and some garbodor which allows the remaining pokemon to have an easier time cleaning up

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earthquake
- Roar

camerupt is a unique and underrated pokemon that i haven't been able to use much. it's really hard to fit it onto teams, but it works out here because i needed several things. the obvious one was stealth rock, but also i needed a more defensive fire-type check since kabutops is not reliable with life orb. in addition to that, it helps plenty against electric-types without being prone to coverage moves like hidden power ice or grass. the burn chance from lava plume is great because landing burns on common switch-ins like water-types will make it infinitely easier for kabutops and sneasel to sweep

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split

weezing is one of the newer additions on my team after playing around with different poison-types in this slot. i wanted a secondary check to fighting-types since uxie would like to be as healthy as possible to create substitutes, but i did not want a third ground-type weakness that came with other pokemon like dragalge, garbodor, or qwilfish. weezing works out well for these cases and also because it has access to will-o-wisp and toxic spikes which spread burns and poison for uxie and sceptile to set up substitute more easily against almost any sort of team. i really needed to forego sludge bomb on this set because substitute klinklang is really scary for this team and i can't afford it to set up for free against weezing when having uxie is already an open invitation for it. it could use sludge bomb over toxic spikes but i've never found it to be too dire except maybe against feraligatr

this honestly isn't one of my more developed teams so i don't have much to say. i'm fairly weak to shell smash users and rain teams pretty much so getting toxic spikes up fast and keeping uxie and kabutops healthy are good for that. i'm also probably weak to random mesprit sets or something but so is every team. here's to another month of me not playing nu

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Giga Drain

Sneasel @ Eviolite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Ice Shard

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earthquake
- Roar

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split

shoutouts: Rowan (the song stuck to me tbh), Cherub Agent, TV-Rocka, sebixxl, CrashinBoomBang, Jirachee, Harsha, BKC, Funkasaurus, Soulgazer, tennisace, and of course a lot of other people that i may have not mentioned but most likely did in my last rmt. you guys are cool ;]

if you wanna be pro you can replace Substitute with Focus Punch and try to nail Audino and stuff on the switch with Focus Punch(not that its too important), Feraligatr is offensively checked by the team,but I can;t suggest anything without changin this team! If I was running Sub CM Uxie though,I'd pair it up with something like Gurudrr to check Pawniard and Liepard throughout the match,or and Specs/Scarf Typhlosion forces you into making predictable switches into Camerupt but it does't come in easily so ~, Pyroar is harder for you handle though,especially if specs becuase Hyper Voice shaves off about 50% of your HP and with one SR swtichin your Fire resist is gone. But then again this is an offensive team so :P. And as a matter of fact Mesprit with HP:Fighting kills your Sneasel on the switch :x. js. Also Rindo Berry though rare on Feraligatr is kinda troublesome....but that's random. Maybe run Ferroseed> Sceptile to give your team some defensive backbone?

Hey ium , really solid team as always! The team itself really effective and at the same time rather innovative with stuff like Wallbreaker Mixed Lure Scept. The only thing I would watch out for is Physical Scarf Mesprit, who seems to toy around with this team quite a bit, as Adamant Zen Headbutt nicely outspeeds and deals quite a bit to the majority of your team, while Sneasel + Uxie do not appreciate U-Turn / Knock Off.

The easiest thing for me to do is simply to suggest a EV spread of 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SDef on Camerupt, as you lose minimal bulk but at the very least avoid a 2HKO from Mesprit that all of your other pokemon are forced to take, and get off a Lava Plume to pressure it.

I am not sure if No STABs Weezing is such a great Idea only because Flamethrower is rather weak unless it is SE, and potentially makes Weezing easy setup fodder, especially to something with Substitute. I think I'd personally go with Sludge Bomb > Flamethrower or Toxic Spikes, but its your choice.

Honestly very little for me to change, its a very unique team!

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hot team obvi.

nothing major to suggest, just some things that might help fine tune your team a bit.

on uxie, I prefer 188 hp evs for a leftovers number, and it gives you some more evs to toss in defense to make setting up once you've gotten one calm mind just a little bit easier.

the other thing is that fire-types look kind of annoying, even with camerupt and kabutops. specs typhlosion can usually click eruption and call it a day because it 2hko's a lot of the time with just sr + a spike, and it has a chance to 2hko with just sr. still, camel is your safest switch into it, and going right into kabutops is usually not the right play bc it just gets donked by focus blast. pyroar is less of an issue, but specs hyper voice does tons to camerupt and flame plate sets with hp grass can lure in your kabutops and kill it. I don't think you need any drastic team changes because you can play around these mons, but just to handle them a bit more comfortably, you can consider changing your sceptile set a bit. you can tech out its evs to guarantee the ohko vs. both pyroar and typhlosion after sr, which takes only 92 evs. I know a nearly dead typhlosion or pyroar is nice because you can pick it off with sneasel, but not having to switch into either of them one last time before they die is obviously better. 92 atk / 212 spa / 204 spe naive does this probably the most conveniently. you lose little firepower from your special attacks, and the speed drop is rarely relevant. all you lose to that you were beating before are zebstrika, floatzel, and sneasel. the former two aren't exactly huge threats, and sneasel donks sceptile anyways. most importantly, you still outrun +2 jolly costa.

again, cool team. major love for some underused mons.

Master Sunny-EX, i don't need to lure audino with sceptile because literally the entire rest of my team uses it to set up in some way. gurdurr is obviously really nice against dark-types but it doesn't really fit too well on my team and is more susceptible to knock off and could open my team to slurpuff a little further. i think i have liepard and pawniard checked fairly well as is. and yea i know my two checks to the fire-types aren't the strongest but kabutops generally forces them out easily. so they would have to come back in and possibly take more stealth rock damage, which will put them in ko range for sneasel and sceptile, both of which are faster knowing that they aren't choice scarf sets based on the damage on camerupt. they really don't get too many opportunities. ferroseed is interesting but i like to add some pressure to the pokemon that sceptile is trying to lure or threaten instead of allowing more set up or strong attacks from the opponent

Brawlfest, camerupt can't really afford to go for a mixed spread because honestly it's not that bulky and it becomes much easier for things like typhlosion to achieve a 2hko. i may try using sludge bomb over toxic spikes to help against calm mind slurpuff, but then again if i get toxic spikes up early then it's less of an issue. but i really need flamethrower because it's too important to keep klinklang from easily winning against me. obviously something like seismitoad or rhydon in camerupt's slot would be nice for both klinklang and mesprit, but then my two fire-type checks would now be susceptible to hidden power grass. the choice in what i run to handle mesprit better is sort of preferential but the idea is that i would need to make full replacements to better handle these existing problems

Hollywood, yea those are good things to try

Flame Plate Pyroar although its uncommon could force you to play around it I guess though, if the guy is smart about it,uncommon though :P. You might conjsider Clear Smog on Weezing? for puff/gatr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)