XY OU Venoxia (1600+ and Rising) (Great Team for XY OU Metagame)

Hello, and welcome to my rate my team. I will be telling you about a great team that if used correctly, can dominate any opponent. It is based on finding counters to popular Pokemon in OU, and eliminating them so that you may have an edge in the battle.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed

Venusaur is one of the best Pokemon on this team. It is what makes this team survive. Venusaur is a counter to many OU Pokemon, and can take out many threats, including the deadly Azumarill and Clefable with Sludge Bomb. It's only weaknesses are Psychic and Flying, since Thick Fat takes care of Fire and Ice, which means that Tyranitar can pursuit trap any psychic type and Thundurus can T-Wave then Thunderbolt any flying type. This allows Venusaur to go on a rampage.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Belly Drum

Since you already have the counter to the deadliest pokemon in OU, what else should I do? I guess I should add the deadliest pokemon in OU to my team, shall I? If used correctly, you can force out a switch and belly drum when you scare off a Landorus, Heatran, Dragonite, Charizard-X, etc. There is pretty much a pokemon in any team that is scared of Azumarill. You can take advantage of this and belly drum, then wreck havoc with Aqua Jet, Aqua Jet, Play Rough, and Aqua Jet!

Thundurus (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

So, what about all of those speedy pokemon that can OHKO Venusaur? What is the answer to all those Pinsir and Talonflame? Tyranitar. But in case he dies, Thundurus. Usually, whenever a Talonflame EVER switches in, switch immediately to Tyranitar. If you used Stealth Rocks with Bisharp in the beginning, you can OHKO it with pursuit, and that pussy will not switch out. But for the Pinsir, that's different. It gets set up with a swords dance and has quick attack, return, and earthquake/close combat, and it will wreck your team. Thundurus T-Waves it, and any Pokemon who is Set up and fast.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Mandibuzz is the defensive and only defensive pokemon in this team. It can defog, just in case if Hazards become a problem, and can Toxic stall pokemon, weakening them for another pokemon to OHKO it. It may not be the best pokemon in the team, but without it, the team would fall apart by sticky web and other hazards.

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp is a pokemon that can turn the tide of a game. It's like it was built to dominate. Instead of sacraficing offence for a lead that can use stealth rock, why not do both? For every bulky lead out there, Bisharp can Stealth Rock, Swords Dance, then Sweep. It outspeeds everything with Sucker Punch, but there is something that can turn my team into ruins, and it is Bisharp. I will explain the solution in the next Pokemon's details. Actually, it is the solution.

Keldeo @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Calm Mind

Keldeo is the pokemon that comes to save the day. If a Bisharp gets even ONE Swords Dance, it is something that will guarantee that one pokemon will faint. Though, if you switch in Keldeo, Bisharp will be the one to faint. If a Bisharp EVER switches in, ALWAYS switch in Keldeo, no matter what. You might predict Bisharp to switch out and you can do a calm mind, but that is a big mistake. If you calm mind and he uses Iron Head (I'm talking about when you switch out into Keldeo and He has a Swords Dance) Your health will be lower than 50%, which allows him to take out Keldeo with a sucker punch. Whenever a Bisharp comes in, Switch into Keldeo and always use Secret Sword, and if he keeps on switching out, repeat this until he can't be used anymore, because Keldeo keeps on scaring away. ALWAYS save Keldeo for Bisharp if the opponent has a Bisharp. If the opponent does not have a Bisharp, you can use calm mind and continue to sweep. Keldeo can save you from a Bisharp, and a lot of trainers have Bisharp, so it can prevent you from getting swept all of the time from a Bisharp, which increases your rating greatly.

Also, if you ever face a ditto, make sure it dies first. Dittos are very strong during late-game, but not the best early-game, so take it out as soon as possible.

Importable Version:

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Belly Drum

Thundurus (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Mandibuzz (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Calm Mind

Thank you for checking out my team! I put this team up here for a reason, so that I can get some criticism to know some weaknesses/flaws in my team that I can fix, so that I can improve my team. I hope you enjoy this team and use it, and let me know your thoughts!

~DarkBlood9000

Not sure what Mental Herb is doing on Thundy. You're better off running Life Orb or Lefties on that beast. Run Lefties or maybe even Rocky Helmet on Mandibuzz. Also, make sure that Thundy and Mandibuzz have an ODD number in HP, to minimize SR damage.

I recommend running Specs Keldeo. I would also replace Keldeo's HP Ghost with Hydro Pump and CM with HP Flying. HP Ghost was used in Gen 5 to hit Jellicent and Celebi but mostly Jellicent iirc. Unfortunately, those two aren't common in the current meta (haven't seen either one yet) so HP Ghost is kinda useless. Hydro Pump gives you a powerful alternative to Scald if you're looking to KO something. HP Flying allows you to 2HKO MegaSaur after Stealth Rock which kinda puts the brakes on your team.
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Sacred Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Finally, I would suggest optimizing those Bisharp and Azu sets. BD Azu would a bit more speed to blow past certain targets. I believe 164 is the standard but you could experiment with others. I would run 176 Speed on Bisharp just to outspeed stuff like Heatran, Specs Zone and Rotom-W. Try out Black Glasses or Dread Plate on Bisharp as well to power up Knock Off and Sucker Punch. Anyways, that's just my opinion.

Good luck with your team!!

Not sure what Mental Herb is doing on Thundy. You're better off running Life Orb or Lefties on that beast. Run Lefties or maybe even Rocky Helmet on Mandibuzz. Also, make sure that Thundy and Mandibuzz have an ODD number in HP, to minimize SR damage.

I recommend running Specs Keldeo. I would also replace Keldeo's HP Ghost with Hydro Pump and CM with HP Flying. HP Ghost was used in Gen 5 to hit Jellicent and Celebi but mostly Jellicent iirc. Unfortunately, those two aren't common in the current meta (haven't seen either one yet) so HP Ghost is kinda useless. Hydro Pump gives you a powerful alternative to Scald if you're looking to KO something. HP Flying allows you to 2HKO MegaSaur after Stealth Rock which kinda puts the brakes on your team.
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Sacred Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Finally, I would suggest optimizing those Bisharp and Azu sets. BD Azu would a bit more speed to blow past certain targets. I believe 164 is the standard but you could experiment with others. I would run 176 Speed on Bisharp just to outspeed stuff like Heatran, Specs Zone and Rotom-W. Try out Black Glasses or Dread Plate on Bisharp as well to power up Knock Off and Sucker Punch. Anyways, that's just my opinion.

Good luck with your team!!
Mental Herb is a bit more useful than Life Orb and Leftovers in my opinion. In the case that you encounter a Thundurus that can threaten your entire team with T-Wave, I switch into Thundurus. I take the T-Wave, and in the case that he taunts me first, I have a mental herb to counter it, and I can then proceed to taunt the other Thundurus, and then OHKO with HP Ice after Stealth Rock Damage.

I like the idea of Choice Specs on Keldeo, but I'm a bit worried about it's accuracy. I'll try some games with it and see how it goes.

If you noticed, my Azumarill has the Jolly Nature. This allows him to outspeed Rotom-W, though I could just switch into Venusaur to scare it away. As for Hetran, I would rather just switch into Keldeo and Scald it, it would be an OHKO, especially after stealth rock damage.

Thank you for the advice! I appreciate it a lot!

Hey, man! Nice team but there are any things leave me puzzled

Before all, i'd suggest you to change Thundurus' spread in 76 atk / 180 SAtk / 252 spe with a naive nature; Superpower over Taunt and Knock off over hidden power ice, also life orb > mental herb. I don't understand the utility of Mental Herb, but with 76 atk and life orb, thundurus will kill Latios with Knock off + stealth rock, and you 2hko chansey with knock off + superpower.

76 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 265-312 (87.7 - 103.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO .... guaranteed OHKO with Stealth Rock

76 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 146-172 (22.7 - 26.7%) -- 29.7% chance to 4HKO .... And chansey lost eviolite

76 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 536-632 (83.4 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Anyway you can meet 252 hp / 252 def bold chansey.. thundurus can 2hkoed even that, but with stealth rock on the field.

16 speed evs on venusaur allows you to be faster than adamant 252 belly drum azumarill.

Then, i noticed a weakness against Gardevoir. You haven't a solid pokemon for stop her and she can easily come in against mandibuzz. Hyper voice hit hard all your pokemon except Venusaur. But venusaur is killed by psichic/psyshock. You may not always clear the field with your mandibuzz, and if bisharp took a bit of damage he's then destroyed by hyper voice.

I'd suggest you to use Specially Defensive jirachi over bisharp. Jirachi stops easily Gardevoir and hit her hard with iron head. U-turn lets you gain offensive momentum, Healing Wish is also a good option in roder to restore a member of your team, specifically Keldeo, since he has great sinergy with Jirachi. Jirachi also gives you a stealth rocker for your team

I hope I helped you. ;)

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- U-turn
- Iron Head

Hey, man! Nice team but there are any things leave me puzzled

Before all, i'd suggest you to change Thundurus' spread in 76 atk / 180 SAtk / 252 spe with a naive nature; Superpower over Taunt and Knock off over hidden power ice, also life orb > mental herb. I don't understand the utility of Mental Herb, but with 76 atk and life orb, thundurus will kill Latios with Knock off + stealth rock, and you 2hko chansey with knock off + superpower.

76 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 265-312 (87.7 - 103.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO .... guaranteed OHKO with Stealth Rock

76 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 146-172 (22.7 - 26.7%) -- 29.7% chance to 4HKO .... And chansey lost eviolite

76 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 536-632 (83.4 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Anyway you can meet 252 hp / 252 def bold chansey.. thundurus can 2hkoed even that, but with stealth rock on the field.

16 speed evs on venusaur allows you to be faster than adamant 252 belly drum azumarill.

Then, i noticed a weakness against Gardevoir. You haven't a solid pokemon for stop her and she can easily come in against mandibuzz. Hyper voice hit hard all your pokemon except Venusaur. But venusaur is killed by psichic/psyshock. You may not always clear the field with your mandibuzz, and if bisharp took a bit of damage he's then destroyed by hyper voice.

I'd suggest you to use Specially Defensive jirachi over bisharp. Jirachi stops easily Gardevoir and hit her hard with iron head. U-turn lets you gain offensive momentum, Healing Wish is also a good option in roder to restore a member of your team, specifically Keldeo, since he has great sinergy with Jirachi. Jirachi also gives you a stealth rocker for your team

I hope I helped you. ;)

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- U-turn
- Iron Head
HP ice is virtually manditory on thundurus. If you want to use a mixed set use t-bolt/hp ice/knock off/superpower and defiant. The only changes I would suggest for the thundurus he's using is focus blast > either t-wave or taunt for additional coverage, and life orb > mental herb. Prankster gives you priority anyway, so there is literally no reason to ever run mental herb. Mega gardevoir is definitely an issue though, so jirachi or scizor would be a good choice.I would agree with NotBruceWayne and suggest specs keldeo.

Thank you very much for your feedback! Sorry that I couldn't reply quick enough.

Changes to the Team:

Venusaur (Same)
Mandibuzz (Same) Sitrus Berry turns a 2HKO into a 3HKO, allowing me to knock off, defog, and toxic.
Azumarill (Same)
Thundurus (Changed) I changed the Mental Herb to a life orb. It turns out that it is only needed in very rare cases, and life orb benefits it much more. I kept the same moveset. First, Thunderbolt and HP Ice gives me almost flawless coverage, I already have a Mandibuzz for a Knock Off Mon. There is also no point for OHKOing Latios, because if you T-Wave it and let it kill you, you can bring in Azumarill, scare it off and Belly Drum (It can't do shit anyways) And pose a great threat to the team, also, nothing should be able to switch into a Play Rough from +6 Azumarill, since Azumarill outspeeds due to T-Wave. Also, Venusaur loves Giga Draining Chansey off of it's juicy HP, and doesn't mind a Toxic, so I don't need Superpower.
Keldeo (Changed) Now a choice specs user, and replaced Calm Mind with Hydro Pump.
Bisharp
Jirachi I really like the thought of replacing Bisharp for Jirachi. There has only been one game where Gardevoir has given me trouble, and that is because my Bisharp and Thundurus were dead. I would always T-Wave Gardevoir with Thundurus, and I could always take a hit with Bisharp and Iron Head for an OHKO. I didn't really need Jirachi. But it has something that is very useful; Healing Wish. If one of my Pokemon that I needed to win the game (Venusaur) but it was severely damaged by a Latios, I would lose because I needed Venusaur to take out an Azumarill, etc. But I could make a switch out (Making the opponent believe I gave up on the pokemon) wait till that Latios, Heatran, Etc. was dead, and then I could use Jirachi to heal Venusaur, and win the game with a late-game sweep. This strategy has brought my team to 1700+, and without these changes I most likely wouldn't get there.

I would love to thank this community a LOT for it's help. If anyone still has any suggestions/improvements/constructive-criticism, please reply. I would appreciate it greatly.

~DarkBlood9000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)