VentusVictory vs Werewolfintophat (2vs2 doubles at the arena)

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
VentusVictory said:
Since my other challenge was canceled, I'm looking for a new one.

Freshmon Battle
2v2
Doubles
2 days DQ time
Abilities = All
Switch = KO
Items = Training
2 recovery moves, 5 chills
Arena: ASB Arena
2 Subs

Any takers?
Werewolfintophat said:
Well, since I'm just starting, a freshmon battle is probably just what I need. I'll take you up VentusVictory.
VentusVictory said:
Thanks for reffing!

Pokemon Team:

Cyndaquil (*) (Male)
Nature: Hasty (+15% Speed, +20% Accuracy, -1 Def)
Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Flash Fire (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any opposing fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2). Self-targeted attacks do not give the boost.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 75 (65*1.15) (+)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC:0/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Leer
Smokescreen
Ember
Quick Attack
Flame Wheel
Defense Curl

Flare Blitz
Extrasensory
Nature Power

Dig
Aerial Ace
Wild Charge

Ventus was given Cyndaquil as a starter from Professor Elm, and to both of their surprise it was shiny when it hatched. Cyndaquil quickly grew affectionate towards Ventus and acts bravely in all circumstances, teaching itself Wild Charge shortly after hatching so that it could rival his Pachirisu. Cyndaquil is usually fair mannered, but it is slightly jealous of Pachirisu.

Pachirisu (*) (Male)
Nature: Timid (+15% Speed, +15% Accuracy, -1 Atk)
Type: Electric
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

Abilities:
Run Away: (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and will evade any field traps and hazards that would harm it (Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes) in an arena. A Pokemon can still absorb Toxic Spikes if it has Run Away and is Poison-typed. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to switch out of trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.
Pick Up: (Innate) This Pokemon has a natural habit of collecting items. Whenever a hold item (its own or an opponents) is used or knocked onto the ground with a move like Knock Off, this Pokemon will immediately pick up that item without using an action. It can also grab dropped or naturally occurring hold items in arenas.
Volt Absorb (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon absorbs all electrical attacks and instead of taking damage, recovering 50% of the damage an electrical attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with electricity to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself. Thunder Wave has no effect on the Pokemon.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 110 (95*1.15) (+)
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: N/A
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:

Growl
Bide
Quick Attack
Charm
Spark
Endure
Swift
Electro Ball
Sweet Kiss

Charge
Fake Tears
Iron Tail

Grass Knot
Double Team
Light Screen

Pachirisu is a Pokemon that Ventus played with during his childhood. When he officially became a trainer, Pachirisu joined him shortly after receiving his starter. Pachirisu is energetic and was uncontrollable by anyone other than Ventus, but it snaps into focus when a battle begins. Pachirisu tends to stay out of it's Pokeball often and is to Ventus what Pikachu is to Ash. Even when Ventus battles without Pachirisu, Pachirisu tends to linger nearby the battlefield.
Werewolfintophat said:
Good afternoon, and thank you for doing this. This is my first game so hopefully I'm not doing anything too incorrectly.

Riolu (*) [Vex] (F)
Nature: Hasty (+15% Speed, +12% Accuracy, -1 Def)
Type: Fighting
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Weight Class: 2

Abilites:

Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokémon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Steadfast: (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Prankster (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

EC: 0
MC:0
DC:0
Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
Speed:69 (+)

Attacks:
Quick Attack
Foresight
Endure
Counter
Force Palm
Feint
Reversal
Copycat?
Screech

Hi Jump Kick
Bullet Punch
Iron Defense

Drain Punch
Shadow Claw
Swords Dance

Monohm (*) [Squall] (M)
Nature: Quiet (+1 SpA, -15% Speed and -10% Evasion)
Type: Electric/Dragon
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

Abilities:
Shield Dust: (Innate) This pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that prevents opponents secondary effects from taking place (eg burn from Flamethrower). It does not block direct status moves (such as Thunder Wave.)
Static: (Innate) This pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this pokemon.
Sheer Force (DW): (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

EC:0

Stats:

SpA: Rank 4
Spe: 52

Attacks:
Tackle
Growl
Leer
Thundershock
Charge
Rain Dance
Twister
Spark

Heal Bell
Hydro Pump
Dragon Breath

Thunder
Ice beam
Volt Switch

Nohface (*) [Geist] (M)
Nature: Quirky (No Change)

Type: Steel/Ghost
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Weight Class: 3

Abilities:

Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Levitate (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

EC:0

Stats:
HP:100
SpA: Rank 1
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 10

Attacks:
Tackle
Iron Defense
Lick
Leer
Faint Attack
Shadow Sneak
Curse

Meteor Mash
Yawn
Feather Dance

Will-o-Wisp
Taunt
Substitute
Order of Operations:
VentusVictory sends out Pokemon (automatic, no post needed)
Werewolfintophat picks 2 pokemon and gives them orders
VentusVictory gives orders
I Ref.

"Alright then, we'll see if Vex and Squall can give these rapscallions a proper greeting."

<Why hello! May I take your coat and hat, maybe get you situated by the fire place? Dinner should be arriving in a few min->
"Vex, that was a euphemism."
<Oh... so you want me to drop kick them then?>

"Something like that."
<Oh good, this was looking like a dreary place to have a dinner party anyway.>

<Oh dear... hopefully I won't disappoint boss.>
"Don't worry, just give it your best."
<I'll try>

" Vex my dear, let's see if we can boost your defenses a bit through some composure, Then try to go on the offensive."
<Meditation? *Sigh* If I must.>
Vex:
Iron Defense>Swords Dance*>Force Palm (Cyndaquil)**
*If Pachirisu uses Sweet Kiss and hits before this action, replace it with Force Palm (Cyndaquil)
**If Vex has taken 20 or more damage before this, use Drain Punch instead

"Squall, how about we call up a wee gale, and show them how it's done."
<If... If you say so.>
Squall:
Rain Dance>Hydro Pump (Cyndaquil)*>Thunder(Cyndaquil)
*If Cyndaquil uses dig to avoid this action, replace it with a Dragonbreath on Pachirisu, then replace Thunder in the third action with a Hydro Pump (Cyndaquil)

"Alright everybody, let's hit them fast and hard with a combination!"

Sweet Kiss + Swift - No Action - Light Screen

"Okay, first blow a white heart kiss with Sweet Kiss, then blast a Swift right through it, imbuing the stars with Confusion. They won't be able to dodge that! Then make a Defensive Shift!"

Extrasensory (Riolu) - Dig (Squall)- Dig (Squall)
"Okay then Cyndaquil, we'll show them who has the real Lionheart! Go, hit them hard!"

Frosty

=_=
VentusVictory's Team

Hp: 90
En: 100
1/3/2/3/110
Other:

2/1/2/2/75
Other:

Werewolfintophat

3/1/2/2/69
Other:

2/3/4/2/52
Other:​

Round 1​

We are here gathered today to join in battle the two newbies whose names I'll take quite some time to memorize. On one side we have VentusVictory with a Pachirisu (really?) and a Cyndaquil. On the other side we have Werewolfintophat with a Riolu and a Monohm.

And let the battle begin! We start this with Cyndaquil attacking Vex the Riolu with Extrasensory~and it gets a critical hit! Not a good start for Werewolfintophat. The Riolu, not being the vindictive type, prefers to set up with Iron Defense and his partner, Squall, follows the same route with Rain Dance.

Finally, we see the first combo of this match! Pachirisu Combines Swift and Sweet Kiss to confuse all his opponents! Riolu is confused for 3 turns and Monohm for 4 turns.

On the second turn Pachirisu cools down and watches as the plot unfolds. Cyndaquil, feeling targeted (what a genius) dug a hole escaping from Squall's Hydro Pump, which missed. Vex Facepalms (aka hit self in confusion) and Cyndaquil, some time later, attacks Squall from underground.

On the final turn, Pachirisu is back in business and sets up a Light Screen to protect its team against special attacks. Cyndaquil then uses the same strategy and digs another hole to evade Riolu's Force Palm, which also missed. On other news, now Squall facepalm'd itself. And agin some hours later, Cyndaquil attacks from underground.

A slow first round we have! at least riolu isn't confused anymore.

Cyndaquil: Extrasensory (Riolu): (8+3)*1.5 = 16.5 damage for 6 energy
Crit: 1/16 (yes)
Flinch: 2 (no)

Riolu: Iron Defense for 6 energy

Monohm: Rain Dance for 10 energy

Pachirisu: Sweet Kiss + Swift for 13.5 energy
vs Riolu: 6*0.75 = 4 damage
vs Monohm: 6*0.75 = 4 damage
Crit: 8, 10 (no no)
Confusion: 2 (3 turns for riolu), 4 (4 turns for Monohm)

Pachirisu: cooldown

Cyndaquil: Dig

Hit Self (1=yes): 1 (yes)
Riolu: Hit self: 4+3-3.5 = 3.5 damage for 3 energy
Confusion was lowered one stage!

Hit Self (1=yes): 2 (no)
Monohm: Hydro Pump: missed for 8 energy

Cyndaquil: Dig (Monohm): (8-1.5)*1.5= 9.75 damage for 10 energy
Crit: 7 (no)
Static: 9 (no)

Pachirisu: Light Screen for 8 energy

Cyndaquil: Dig

Hit Self: 2 (no)
Riolu: Force Palm (Cyndaquil): missed for 3 energy

Hit Self: 1 (yes)
Monohm: Hit Self: 4-1.5 = 2.5 damage for 3 energy

Cyndaquil: Dig (Monohm): (8-1.5)*1.5= 9.75 damage for 14 energy
Crit: 9 (no)
Static: 5 (no)

Rain for 3r​

VentusVictory's Team
Light Screen for 5a

En: 78
1/3/2/3/110
Other:

En: 70
2/1/2/2/75
Other:

Werewolfintophat

Hp: 66
En: 88
3/1/2/2/69
Other: +1def for 1r

Hp: 68
En: 79
2/3/4/2/52
Other: confused for 1a

VentusVictory's Turn!

"Okay, we've got to keep an eye on our energy, but we're doing fine so far!"

Charm (Vex) - Sweet Kiss + Swift - Cooldown

"Okay, keep the support strong Pachirisu!"

Extrasensory (Vex) - Dig (Squall) - Extrasensory (Vex)

"Cyndaquil, let's keep the damage going strong!"

If Squall uses Hydro Pump a1, then use Dig (Squall) a1 and push actions back once.

"Well then, not a good start at all I'm afraid. Let's see if we can at the very least give a good show then."

"Okay, Vex, I need as much power and speed as you can muster"

<Finally! Ahem, I mean of course.>

Hi Jump Kick + Quick Attack (Pachirisu) > No Action > Drain Punch (Pachirisu)

"Squall, I know your tired... but let's see if we can slow the Pachirisu's confusion down"

<I'll see what I can do...>
Dragonbreath (Pachirsu) > Dragonbreath (Pachirisu)* > Heal bell
* If the first Dragonbreath paralyzes Pachirisu, then use Hydro Pump instead.

Frosty

=_=
Rain for 3r​

VentusVictory's Team
Light Screen for 5a

En: 78
1/3/2/3/110
Other:

En: 70
2/1/2/2/75
Other:

Werewolfintophat

Hp: 66
En: 88
3/1/2/2/69
Other: +1def for 1r

Hp: 68
En: 79
2/3/4/2/52
Other: confused for 1a

Sorry, but I have no time for flavor now. Will do it later.

Riolu: Hi Jump Kick + Quick Attack (Pachirisu): 13+2+3=18 damage for 15.5 energy
Crit: 4

Pachirisu: Charm (Vex) for 6 energy

Cyndaquil: Extrasensory (Vex): 8*1.5 = 12 damage for 6 energy
Crit: 8
Flinch: 2 (no)

Hit Self (1=yes): 2 (no)
Monohm: Dragonbreath (Pachirisu): 4 + 3 + 1.5 = 8.5 damage for 4 energy
Crit: 13
Effect: 5 (no)

Cyndaquil: Dig (Squall)

Riolu: cooldown

Monohm: Dragonbreath (Pachirisu): 4 + 3 + 1.5 = 8.5 damage for 8 energy
Crit: 3
Effect: 1 (yes)
Pachirisu is paralysed!

Full Paralysis: 62 (no)
Pachirisu: Sweet Kiss + Swift for 13.5 energy
vs Riolu: 6*0.75 = 4 damage
vs Monohm: 6*0.75 = 4 damage
Crit: 10, 8
Confusion: 1, 3 (2 actions for riolu and 4 for monohm)

Cyndaquil: Dig (Monohm): (8-1.5)*1.5= 9.75 damage for 10 energy
Crit: 11
Static: 8 (no)

Pachirisu: cooldown

Cyndaquil: Extrasensory (Vex): 8*1.5 = 12 damage for 6 energy
Crit: 12
Flinch: 8 (no)

Riolu: Drain Punch (Pachirisu): 8 + 3 - 3.5 = 7.5 damage for 11 energy
+3.75hp
Crit: 15

Monohm: Heal Bell for 10 energy
NOTE: Heal Bell works only on major status. Confusion is a minor status.

Rain for 2r​

VentusVictory's Team
Light Screen for 5a

Hp: 47
En: 58
1/3/2/3/110
Other: 15% paralysed

En: 48
2/1/2/2/75
Other:

Werewolfintophat

Hp: 42
En: 61
3/1/2/2/69
Other: -1atk for 1r, confused for 1a

Hp: 54
En: 57
2/3/4/2/52
Other: confused for 3a

Werewolfintophat's turn!

Frosty

=_=
Reffing kiiinda done. Only flavor is missing. I will try to get it completed by tommorow, but order regardless.

"Ah, good to know, Well, let's keep up the fine offensive Squall and Vex, at the very least we'll lose with good graces. And who knows, maybe luck will favor us again."

<Well, that's all I could ask for>

Hi Jump Kick (Pachirisu) > Drain Punch (Pachirisu) > Hi Jump Kick (Pachirisu)

<Sorry boss>

Hydro Pump (Pachirisu) > Dragon Breath (Pachirisu) > Hydro Pump (Pachirisu)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)