Venusaur [4F]*

We won't really know until next months statistics, but I think the SD set should move up to the 2nd spot because it's getting more and more common. I rarely see a special Venusaur anymore.

When you type lists, you should include a comma after the second-last thing in the list, like this: "Bob, Joe, and Jim."
Actually that's improper grammar, when listing things you don't put a comma before an and, so it would be "Bob, Joe and Jim"

On to Venusaur. I've been running Phazer sets with pretty good success, here are the two I've used

Venusaur (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/112 Atk/144 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Synthesis
- Power Whip

The Special Defense EVs let it take less than 25% from the standard +1 Raikou Tbolt (though some people seem to be running max SpA on the CM sets for some reason), and either heal it off, roar it out or attack back with EQ. Powerwhip gives decent coverage with EQ, though Jumpluff is a royal pain in the ass (you need SR to beat luff, and you beat it by roaring it out till SR kills it). Flying-types in general wall you, though outside of Moltres, Swellow and Honchkrow, you can take a hit and Roar them out. This set works great against bulky waters and substitute users, and doesn't allow set up sweepers to come in in general.

The other one is a little spin-off version that I made so that it could hit Flyers

Venusaur (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/112 SAtk/144 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Synthesis
- Roar
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Bomb/HP Rock

Anything that likes the other set generally doesn't like this one, Sludge Bomb gives you a good neutral attack, while HP Rock lets you hit Honchkrow, Moltres and Co on the switch.

I'm looking for a way to work in Sleep Powder on one of the sets, but his STABs make him easy to wall, and his only coverage moves are EQ and Hidden Power, so you'd either have to drop Synthesis or Roar, but the healing is too useful and Roar is the whole point of the set

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I haven't touched this in 3 months, but i'll look to add that in and hopefully fix this up badly. Some stuff are not effective anymore, Scarf should be back, and this definitely needs to be concise. I'll get back to it soon when we're allowed to make hs/ss changes

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Actually that's improper grammar, when listing things you don't put a comma before an and, so it would be "Bob, Joe and Jim"
On Smogon, this is actually incorrect.

I've been using a timid Sleep Powder/Leech Seed to great succes.

Venusaur @ leftovers
Timid
Overgrow
4 hp/ 252 spa/252 spe
Sleep Powder
Energy Ball
Sludge Bomb
Leech Seed

Although this doesn't have the bulk of the other Leech Seed set, this set allows Venusaur to outspeed many of it's "counters" and to sleep or ko them.

franky

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright, I have deleted every single thing I wrote on the analysis and plan to make it more consice and add new sets due to hg/ss. This will be done slowly, Im going to add 3-4 sets in total and try not to place alot of information like last time.

Alright, I have deleted every single thing I wrote on the analysis and plan to make it more consice and add new sets due to hg/ss. This will be done slowly, Im going to add 3-4 sets in total and try not to place alot of information like last time.
I think it says in this forum that we are not updating for HG/SS yet. I could be wrong though...can someone confirm?

franky

I'm pretty sure we could start according to several badged members I talked 2.

Oh? Maybe they were talking about OU. Because it's pretty clear what's posted on the sticky in this forum. Look here.

It says:
twash said:
As of yet, we are not accepting any HG/SS updates.
That's why I'd think we are not in fact doing them yet.

Otherwise someone needs to update that sticky...

franky

I finished the set moves, it was pretty long I have to admit. Any comments on moves, EVs, or whatever before I start on the remaining stuff? Also, grammar check is welcomed..

Oh? Maybe they were talking about OU. Because it's pretty clear what's posted on the sticky in this forum. Look here.

It says:
twash said:
As of yet, we are not accepting any HG/SS updates.

That's why I'd think we are not in fact doing them yet.

Otherwise someone needs to update that sticky...
Can anyone confirm this...

Anyway, onto the analysis:

I think the Swords Dance set should be changed into a "Physical Attacker" set with Swords Dance and Synthesis slashed. Physical Venusaur with Life Orb and no Swords Dance works actually quite well, as Venusaur needs all the longevity it can get with Raikou around.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Remeber only the [SET] and [SET COMMENTS] tags should be capitalized throughout, the others should be capitalized as proper nouns are.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
[SET]
name: Life Orb Physical
move 1: Swords Dance / Synthesis
move 2: Sleep Powder
move 3: Power Whip
move 4: Return / Earthquake
item: Life Orb
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Venusaur is one of the most effective Swords Dance users in UU because it has access to Sleep Powder,[you should generally use a comma before which or change to "that" if applicable] which allows Venusaur touse Sword Dance after incapacitating a foe. In addition to this, many physical walls in the UU tier are weak to Grass-type moves; therefore, Venusaur can catch several walls off guard after a single boost. After one use, Venusaur’s mediocre attack reaches 526, which is enough to hurt plenty of things in UU.</p>

<p>The easiest way to slip in Swords Dance is to force prominent Water-types such as Milotic, Slowbro, and Azumarill to switch out. On the predicted switch out, Venusaur can either use Sleep Powder to place a counter to sleep or use Swords Dance to scout out the opponent’s next switch-in.</p>

<p>Synthesis could be used over Swords Dance, as Venusaur can act as a defensive backbone on many teams while providing good solid damage with a Life Orb boost. If Venusaur plans to stick around to cushion Electric-, Water-, and Fighting-type hits, Synthesis is a definitely good alternative over Swords Dance.</p>

<p>Venusaur's STAB move is Power Whip, and after a single boost, it hits anything that doesn’t resist it incredibly hard. The final two slots depend on what Venusaur needs to hit. Return is the best way to deal damage to the Flying-types that plague UU[reworded as the reason Return is effective is not because Flying-types plague UU, which this statement formerly implied], as they resist Venusaur's primary STAB move. However, if Steel-types are more important to hit, Earthquake would be the better option as Venusaur usually 2HKOs both Registeel and Steelix (who normally invest their EVs into Special Defense).</p>

<p>A Jolly nature is required to outpace Jolly Honchkrow, which is a common switch in to this set because he is immune to Sleep Powder and resists Power Whip.[banned] Life Orb allows Venusaur to strike as hard as possible. Venusaur could settle for Leftovers over Life Orb in order to gain some health while dishing out damage.</p>

<p>Defensively, Venusaur works great with a sturdy Rock-type like Regirock to combat with faster Flying-types such as Moltres, Swellow, and Choice Scarf Honchkrow. Furthermore, Regirock provides Stealth Rock, which helps Venusaur sweep in the long run of the match.</p>

<p>Venusaur functions well on offensive teams which involves both Stealth Rock and Spikes. Omastar is a great partner, as it can provide both Stealth Rock and Spikes for Venusaur. A more offensive partner for Venusaur is Kabutops because it can take on faster Flying-types such as Moltres, Choice Scarf Honckrow, and Swellow pretty well. If Venusaur sticks to Return over Earthquake, Steel-types will be problematic. Hitmonlee is an excellent partner because it has the ability Limber to come in safely on Registeel’s Thunder Wave and deliver the OHKO with Close Combat.</p>

[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Sleep Powder
move 2: Leech Seed / Synthesis
move 3: Energy Ball
move 4: Sludge Bomb
item: Leftovers
nature: Calm / Bold
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Venusaur is pretty difficult to take down because it has Synthesis or Leech Seed to constantly heal off hits, as well as access to Sleep Powder to place a counter to sleep. [First sentence and last were stating the same thing, so reworded to make it smoother] Combine this with its nifty resistances to Electric-, Water-, and, Fighting-type moves, and Venusaur makes a very durable wall.</p>

<p>Venusaur has several support moves to help any team out. Sleep Powder is an excellent support move to place an opponent to sleep. This allows Venusaur to subsequently use Leech Seed to annoy the opponent or grab a free turn to switch out to an appropriate Pokemon[I'm not sure what you're getting at here]. Synthesis can be used over Leech Seed to heal off damage consistently. The final two moves [they're not really fillers then] provide the best damage Venusaur can give thanks to STAB. Energy Ball hits Water-types for super effective damage, while Sludge Bomb hits Grass-types who attempt to block Leech Seed.</p>

<p>A Bold nature with the EVs shifted from Special Defense to Defense could be an alternate option if Venusaur wants to focus on taking physical Fighting-type attacks.</p>

<p>This set will normally fit under a balanced style of play, as opposed to an offensive style of play; therefore, pairing Venusaur with Milotic can help it survive the entire match. Milotic is an excellent partner with Venusaur, as Milotic can take most Fire-type threats who threaten Venusaur. Because Moltres might be a bit difficult to take down because it might score a couple of flinches with Air Slash, Chansey is an alternate option to take on Moltres. At times Milotic is overwhelmed by Nasty Plot Houndoom and Swords Dance Blaziken. Equipping Milotic with Choice Scarf is an excellent way to catch these threats off guard, as they are normally tough to counter.</p>

<p>Since this set will irritate the opponent, it will eventually force them to switch out, and entry hazards are a great way to take advantage of this. Omastar is an excellent partner because it can provide both Spikes and Stealth Rock on the same moveset. As an added bonus, Omastar also takes Ice- and Fire-type hits directed at Venusaur. They complement each other as Omastar hates Toxic Spikes on the field, and Venusaur can absorb Toxic Spikes thanks to its Poison-typing.</p>

[SET]
name: Life Orb Special
move 1: Sludge Bomb
move 2: Leaf Storm
move 3: Hidden Power Ground / Synthesis
move 4: Sleep Powder
item: Life Orb
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set could be considered a surprise on Venusaur’s part as the most common switch-ins to Venusaur are usually physical walls. Venusaur boasts a good Special Attack stat with Life Orb equipped; coupled with its good bulk from both ends, it can be a versatile sweeper without any set-up.</p>

<p>Venusaur really has poor type coverage; as such, it can only space in three attacks to provide the best possible coverage, leaving the last slot to Sleep Powder to manage special walls. Sludge Bomb and Leaf Storm are Venusaur’s primary STAB moves, while Hidden Power Ground is essential in order to hit Registeel – a common special wall in the UU tier. However, if Chansey poses a huge problem for the team, Venusaur can run Synthesis over Hidden Power Ground to improve the chances of beating Chansey. Sleep Powder helps place counters in deep slumbers, allowing Venusaur to hit them while they are asleep.</p>

<p>Omastar is an excellent partner with Venusaur because it has both Stealth Rock and Spikes in its arsenal to help Venusaur sweep. Stealth Rock and Spikes work great for Life Orb Venusaur, as it can help beat Chansey – its primary counter. Venusaur’s Leaf Storm deals 26.83% - 31.83% to standard Chansey, while Sludge Bomb deals 18.41% - 21.68%. This means if three layers of Spikes and Stealth Rock are down on the field, Venusaur can place Chansey to sleep while using Sludge Bomb once or twice, and then it can deliver the finishing blow with Leaf Storm. All in all, it will help increase the chance of defeating Chansey.</p>

<p>Since this set is specially inclined, Chansey and Registeel can handle this set especially if sleep clause is already in effect. Hitmonlee can fend off Chansey and Registeel for the most part, as it can come in on Thunder Wave thanks to Limber and scare it off with Close Combat.</p>

[SET]
name: Mix Choice Scarf
move 1: Sludge Bomb
move 2: Leaf Storm
move 3: Earthquake / Power Whip
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Modest
evs: 56 HP / 72 Atk / 164 SpA / 216 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set aims to increase Venusaur's above-average Speed with a Choice Scarf boost. Choice Scarf Venusaur sits firmly at 380 Speed, allowing it to outpace beneficial base 125 Speed Pokemon, most importantly, Alakazam. Venusaur has enough time to come in on many attacks thanks to its excellent typing, making it a reliable Choice Scarf user on any team.</p>

<p>Much like the previous set, Venusaur can only space in three attacks, leaving the final slot for Sleep Powder. Sludge Bomb and Leaf Storm are Venusaur’s obligatory STAB moves. The third slot is purely physically based, as it prevents special walls like Registeel and Chansey from getting an easy switch-in. Earthquake acts as a safety blanket check to Calm Mind Raikou, as well as Registeelwho attempt to come in on both Sludge Bomb and Leaf Storm. However, if Chansey is more important to hit, Power Whip is an alternate option in order to grab the 2HKO (with Stealth Rock down). Sleep Powder may stick out like a sore thumb on a Choice Scarf set, but it’s always a nice way to place the opponent to sleep if Venusaur is in a sticky situation.</p>

<p>From a defensive standpoint, Omastar works great will Venusaur as it provides Stealth Rock in order to grab the 2HKO on Chansey. However, from an offensive standpoint, Choice Band Dugtrio will help remove Chansey and Registeel early in the match. Most Chansey or Registeel will lean towards using Thunder Wave on Venusaur to render its Choice Scarf useless; as such, this allows Dugtrio to come in easier to deliver the OHKO with Earthquake.</p>

[SET]
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Leaf Storm
move 2: Sludge Bomb
move 3: Hidden Power Ground
item: Choice Specs
nature: Modest / Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Venusaur is a natural candidate for Choice Specs due to its high Special Attack stat. With a Choice Specs equipped, Venusaur’s Special Attack will exponentially increase to 448 or 492, depending on the nature of choice. Venusaur’s true niche lies within the ability to cushion hits from the foe, as well as maintaining an offensive threat on many unprepared teams, making it a solid choice on any team.</p>

<p>A boosted STAB Leaf Storm is absolutely powerful, and not many can switch in to it. Sludge Bomb rounds off the set, as it helps deal with opposing Venusaur attempting to come in on Leaf Storm. It also deals with Moltres and special defensive Altaria trying to resist Leaf Storm. Hidden Power Ground allows Venusaur to hit Registeel, who otherwise walls Venusaur's STAB moves, for super effective damage. Sleep Powder sets Venusaur apart from its fellow Choice Specs user Sceptile, as it helps place a potential counter to sleep.</p>

<p>To illustrate the power of a Modest nature boosted Leaf Storm, here are some calculations:</p>

<ul class= “damage_calculation”>
<li>+1 Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Chansey - 34.17% - 40.25%</li>
<li>+1 Leaf Storm vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Swellow - 100%</li>
<li>+1 Leaf Storm vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Honchkrow - 77.19% - 90.94%</li>
<li>+1 Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Weezing - 62.87% - 73.95%</li>
</ul>

<p>According to the damage calculations, Stealth Rock is absolutely required to grab certain OHKOs on Pokemon. Venusaur also appreciates paralysis support, so it can use Modest nature over Timid nature to provide as much damage as possible. Registeel fits in with this particular set because it can provide paralysis support with Thunder Wave and set up Stealth Rock as well. However, if the large Fire-type weakness is making you nervous, Chansey is a good alternative for setting up Stealth Rock and proving paralysis support.</p>

[TEAM OPTIONS]

<p>On most sets, Venusaur has a tough time with faster Flying-types such as Choice Scarf Honchkrow, Moltres, and Swellow. Defensively, Regirock makes an excellent partner as it can take on these Flying-type threats while setting up Stealth Rock as an added bonus to help Venusaur sweep. Another notable Rock-type that meshes well with Venusaur is Omastar because it provides both Spikes and Stealth Rock to help Venusaur sweep.</p>

<p>For the specially based sets, Venusaur will attract Chansey and Registeel; as such, Hitmonlee makes a great offensive partner alongside Venusaur. Hitmonlee can make a safe switch in for the most part thanks to its ability Limber to avoid paralysis. Choice Band Dugtrio also works in a similar fashion in terms of avoiding paralysis, thanks to its Ground-typing, allowing it to make a safe switch in on Registeel and Chansey to deliver the OHKO with Earthquake.</p>

[OTHER OPTIONS]

<p>There are several options that
weren’t included in the main analysis. Firstly, Venusaur can run a set with Substitute / Swords Dance / Power Whip / Return or Earthquake to bring its HP down to activate Overgrow. Venusaur can also run a SubSeed set, but it’s above-average Speed makes it completely outclassed by Sceptile.</p>

[EVS]

<p>The EV spreads are listed with each set. Choices regarding EV spreads are entirely dependent on the role you want it to play (defensive annoyer, fast sleeper, special tank, etc.) and whether it needs to sponge physical or special attacks.</p>

[OPINION]

<p>The amount of sets Venusaur has definitely speaks volume of its versatility. It can often play multiple roles, allowing Venusaur to become unpredictable once it's brought out in the match. As an added bonus, Venusaur's part Poison-typing allows it to absorb Toxic Spikes from the opponent, making it an excellent team player. All in all, Venusaur is a valuable addition on any team.</p>

[COUNTERS]

<p>For the most part, Venusaur’s counters depend on what set it is running. The physically inclined set counters depend on what Venusaur is using to complement Power Whip. If Venusaur lacks Earthquake, Registeel can counter Venusaur pretty well, especially if Sleep Clause is in effect. However if Venusaur lacks Return, a defensive Moltres is the safest switch in to Venusaur. Choice Scarf Honchkrow[get rid of this] is also an excellent check, as it can come in on Sleep Powder and can take an unboosted Power Whip. For the specially inclined sets, Chansey and Registeel are the best checks to Venusaur.</p>

<p>In OU, most Steel types can switch in relatively easily, only having to watch out for the occasional super effective Hidden Power or Earthquake. Heatran is an excellent counter, resisting its STAB attacks, and only fearing the very rare HP Ground or a Sword Dance Earthquake. Jirachi, Metagross, Skarmory, Lucario, Scizor, and Bronzong are all able to switch into Venusaur's Grass and Poison attacks with no problem at all and begin their respective set-ups. Gengar is an excellent Venusaur counter as it resists its entire offensive arsenal and can status Venusaur. Other Poison types like Weezing are also problematic but less so since many of them are slow and can be slept and then Leech Seeded (with the obvious exception of Crobat). Salamence and Dragonite are not bothered by anything but Hidden Power Ice and Choice Specs Sludge Bomb and will force Venusaur to switch as well. Celebi can come in on Leaf Storm or Leech Seed and compel you to flee with the threat of Psychic; however, it should be noted that Celebi will be 2HKO'd by Sludge Bomb. Blissey can wall every special set but is susceptible to Leech Seed and the Sword Dance set. Cresselia can beat any set and wear it down with Ice Beam or Psychic[move to UU]</p>
I notice that your last edit indicates that you removed suspect references. I began this proofread a little before that, so just ignore anything I say about suspects if you've already changed them. Looks pretty good.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
There is also a Venusaur set I wrote up that could be included in this analysis. It's found here, if you're interested. I'd imagine it could just be absorbed into this thread like your Spiritomb set was absorbed into my thread.

Could Roar be possibly mentioned at least in OO (or in set comments on the support set) since Venusaur is a great PHazer as it causes many switches with the threat of Sleep Powder and it helps rack up entry hazards and what not. This also stops Leafeon etc Baton Passing SD's on you.

franky

Added eyo's edits. i also added the mix attacker set xia wrote up. this should be complete.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Edits and comments.

Life Orb Physical said:
<p>Venusaur is one of the most effective Swords Dance users in UU because it has access to Sleep Powder, which allows Venusaur to use Sword Dance after incapacitating a foe. In addition to this, many physical walls in the UU tier are weak to Grass-type moves; therefore, Venusaur can catch several walls off guard after a single boost. After one use, Venusaur’s mediocre Attack reaches 526, which is enough to hurt plenty of things in UU.</p>
Attack needs its capitalization.

Life Orb Physical said:
<p>Defensively, Venusaur works great with a sturdy Rock-type like Regirock to combat with faster Flying-types such as Moltres and Swellow. (period) Furthermore, Regirock provides Stealth Rock, which helps Venusaur sweep in the long run of the match.</p>
Missing period.

Life Orb Special said:
<p>Omastar is an excellent partner with Venusaur because it has both Stealth Rock and Spikes in its arsenal to help Venusaur sweep. Stealth Rock and Spikes work great for Life Orb Venusaur, as they can help beat Chansey – its primary counter. Venusaur’s Leaf Storm deals 26.83% - 31.83% to standard Chansey, while Sludge Bomb deals 18.41% - 21.68%. This means if three layers of Spikes and Stealth Rock are down on the field, Venusaur can place Chansey to sleep while using Sludge Bomb once or twice, and then it can deliver the finishing blow with Leaf Storm. All in all, Stealth Rock and Spikes will help increase the chance of defeating Chansey.</p>
The sentence is talking about multiples (Stealth Rock and Spikes), so "they" > "it" in this case.

At the last part, what is "it" in this case? Leaf Storm? Sludge Bomb? Entry hazards? I think you need to specifically say what "it" is here. I've put "Stealth Rock and Spikes" if that's fine.

Life Orb Special said:
<p>Since this set is specially inclined, Chansey and Registeel can handle this set especially if Sleep Clause is already in effect. Hitmonlee can fend off Chansey and Registeel for the most part, as it can come in on Thunder Wave thanks to Limber and scare it off with Close Combat.</p>
Clauses should be capitalized (saw you mention this with capitalization later on the analysis too).

Mix Choice Scarf said:
<p>This set aims to increase Venusaur's above-average Speed with a Choice Scarf boost. Choice Scarf Venusaur sits firmly at 380 Speed, allowing it to outpace beneficial base 120 Speed Pokemon, most importantly, Alakazam. Venusaur has enough time to come in on many attacks thanks to its excellent typing, making it a reliable Choice Scarf user on any team.</p>
Should be 120, not 125. Base 125 Pokemon stick at 383 while 120 stick at 372.

Mix Choice Scarf said:
<p>From a defensive standpoint, Omastar works great with Venusaur as it provides Stealth Rock in order to grab the 2HKO on Chansey. However, from an offensive standpoint, Choice Band Dugtrio will help remove Chansey and Registeel early in the match. Most Chansey or Registeel will lean towards using Thunder Wave on Venusaur to render its Choice Scarf useless; as such, this allows Dugtrio to come in easier to deliver the OHKO with Earthquake.</p>
Typo with "with" from "will" here.

Choice Specs said:
<p>Venusaur is a natural candidate for Choice Specs due to its high Special Attack stat. With a Choice Specs equipped, Venusaur’s Special Attack will exponentially increase to 448 or 492, depending on the nature of choice. Venusaur’s true niche lies within the ability to cushion hits from the foe, as well as maintaining an offensive threat on many unprepared teams, making it a solid choice on any team.</p>
This part isn't so necessary, but perhaps you could swap the numbers so it reads: "492 or 448"? One may go back and look at the natures adjacent to those numbers listed, thus reading it wrong.

Mixed Attacker said:
<p>The EV spread is designed to milk as much out of Venusaur as possible. The Attack EVs guarentee 2HKOs on Slowbro and Chansey with Power Whip, while the Special Attack EVs grant Venusaur a clean OHKO on Sceptile and other Grass-types who may try to wall this set. Alternatively, this set can sacrifice the HP and four Attack EVs and maximize Speed, keeping the likes of Feraligatr, Blaziken, and other Venusaur from outpacing Venusaur.</p>
This part isn't so necessary as well, but the words keep getting scrambled together when I read it. I'd personally change the bolded part to "milk out as much of". It reads better like that imo.

Mixed Attacker said:
<p>Unlike many other sets, this Venusaur will have troubles against Substitute + Calm Mind Raikou. Therefore, it is recommended that you either pair Venusaur up with a Pokemon who is able to do this job or substitute Power Whip for Earthquake. Pokemon that would satisfy the first option include threats such as Encore Clefable or Donphan. Clefable can come in on the turn Raikou starts setting up and Encore it to lock it into a useless Calm Mind or HP draining Substitute, while Donphan can choose to either threaten with Earthquake or phaze with Roar.</p>
I think you meant to swap out Power Whip for Earthquake to better deal with Raikou? Before, it really sounded like you wanted us to swap out Earthquake for Power Whip against Raikou.

Team Options said:
<p>On most sets, Venusaur has a tough time with faster Flying-types such as Moltres (remove comma) and Swellow. Defensively, Regirock makes an excellent partner as it can take on these Flying-type threats while setting up Stealth Rock as an added bonus to help Venusaur sweep. Another notable Rock-type that meshes well with Venusaur is Omastar because it provides both Spikes and Stealth Rock to help Venusaur sweep.</p>
Comma shouldn't be used when listing only two Pokemon.

Team Options said:
<p>For the specially-based sets, Venusaur will attract Chansey and Registeel; as such, Hitmonlee makes a great offensive partner alongside Venusaur. Hitmonlee can make a safe switch in for the most part thanks to its ability Limber to avoid paralysis. Choice Band Dugtrio also works in a similar fashion in terms of avoiding paralysis, thanks to its Ground-typing, allowing it to make a safe switch in on Registeel and Chansey to deliver the OHKO with Earthquake.</p>
I'm not so sure about this one, but I've seen people putting hyphens when typing in "physically/specially-based" so I think you need to do that too.

Other Options said:
<p>There are several options that weren’t included in the main analysis. Firstly, Venusaur can run a set with Substitute / Swords Dance / Power Whip / Return or Earthquake to bring its HP down to activate Overgrow. Venusaur can also run a SubSeed set, but its above-average Speed makes it completely outclassed by Sceptile. Venusaur could also run Roar on the support set to prevent Pokemon like Leafeon from having an easy Baton Pass.</p>
"its" > "it's" in this case. Also, maybe the "above-" part could be removed because I think base 80 Speed is more average than above... but this part has many perspectives in what's slow or fast and whatnot so you can probably leave it alone.

Counters said:
<p>In OU, most Steel types can switch in relatively easily, only having to watch out for the occasional super effective Hidden Power or Earthquake. Heatran is an excellent counter, resisting its STAB attacks, and only fearing the very rare HP Ground or a Sword Dance Earthquake. Jirachi, Metagross, Skarmory, Lucario, Scizor, and Bronzong are all able to switch into Venusaur's Grass and Poison attacks with no problem at all and begin their respective set-ups. Gengar is an excellent Venusaur counter as it resists its entire offensive arsenal and can status Venusaur. Other Poison types like Weezing are also problematic but less so since many of them are slow and can be slept and then Leech Seeded (with the obvious exception of Crobat). Salamence and Dragonite are not bothered by anything but Hidden Power Ice and Choice Specs Sludge Bomb and will force Venusaur to switch as well. Celebi can come in on Leaf Storm or Leech Seed and compel you to flee with the threat of Psychic; however, it should be noted that Celebi will be 2HKO'd by Sludge Bomb. Blissey can wall every special set but is susceptible to Leech Seed and the Sword Dance set.</p>
Are you going to be rewriting or removing this section for UU?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)