Pokémon Venusaur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for all of you more experienced M-Venusaur users. If I want to run both Leech Seed and Synthesis, is it better to have an offense of Giga Drain/Earthquake or Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb? What's your opinion and why?

Neither... You don't want triple grass in any case, even if one is recovery. So technical double grass, all recovery moves. No. If you're going to both with that Synthesis/LeechSeed, run HP Fire+Sludge Bomb to destroy any grass types and still have something for flying types not landorus/gliscor.

Question for all of you more experienced M-Venusaur users. If I want to run both Leech Seed and Synthesis, is it better to have an offense of Giga Drain/Earthquake or Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb? What's your opinion and why?
Like Ajwf said, plus three HP recovery moves is kind of redundant, no matter how you look at it, since it leaves you with only one other move for actually dealing damage. And if you try to Giga Drain a Pokemon with the Liquid Ooze ability, you're going to only be hurting yourself.

The Giga Drain isn't actually for recovery, but for dealing damage to bulky waters which are otherwise a weakness of my team. Leech Seed is super good for whittling down opposing Pokemon so I can sweep later, and Synthesis is a required move on Mega-Venu. I don't mind not being able to touch Ferrothorn, because I have other Pokemon that set up on it for free.

So maybe EQ is better for fire types and the aforementioned Tentacruel?

I'm not leaving Venusaur in on a flying-type anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)