1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules. Feel also free to check out our hub to learn more about this place!
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit! You can also check out the Art Room on Pokemon Showdown!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Veritas Professio Peruro

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by Veritas, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Veritas

Veritas

Incase you don't speak latin, (and I'm sure the majority of smogoners don't, including me lol), the thread is entitled, Veritas's Art Gallery.

Anyways, I like to doodle in my spare time, and I decided to start contributing to Smogon's art. I will aim at one piece a day, but obviously when duty calls in real life I wont be able to meet that.

So here are two quick sketches of two of my favorite pokemon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wanted to get an art thread up quick, so I made these as more of a sample.

Happy to take any criticism and any requests of pokemon to draw!
  2. pastel

pastel

Those two are incredibly well done. You make them on carbon paper with chalk right?
    Could you maybe draw a swalot?
  3. Veritas

Veritas

Sure! Sorry, its weird how my scanner doesn't get the shading, maybe it filters it out or something? I'll try to fix that. Here's your swalot!

[​IMG]
  4. Veritas

Veritas

Here's two more quick pictures. I looked at my hands and thought one should grab a lightning rod and the other should become robotic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Xaqwais

Xaqwais

Absol is just too cool a pokemon, and he looks so cool in your style! Great work!
  6. Veritas

Veritas

Thanks! By the way, I'm drawing all requests, so don't hesitate to ask.
  7. ColdRAIN

ColdRAIN

Ok, how about Empoleon?
  8. Rocket Grunt

Rocket Grunt ✁ - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    is an Artist

very interesting stuff, dude. i really like how you draw on black paper with chalk, its very different and really interesting. i also like how you were smearing some stuff around to give the absol picture some texture and a little action i guess, haha. maybe see if you can try to establish a sense of depth by hatching lightly and then smearing until you can get a nice gradient tone? its fun to work with something other than white paper because here you can play around with positive and negative space more easily, i think. keep up the awesome, man
  9. Black Buddha

Black Buddha

I really love the swalot one, especially the CUTE gulpin trail following it.

Speaking of cute, please draw me a Phanpy. I will be indebted to you forever!
  10. Veritas

Veritas

Sure, there's my next two drawings, I'll do them within next few days.
  11. Werecario

Werecario

You should draw an awesome lucario pic. I've seen some really cool ones but never on black paper like what you are doing.
  12. Desolate

Desolate

The idea of drawing with chalk is creative, and obviously proves surefire! I especially like the synergy of the Mewtwo and it's color. I know you're getting a few requests; Can you possibly draw a Suicune? No other requests, other than be creative (which you've already surpassed)!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)