VGC '11 US National - Indianapolis - July 8th to 10th - WON by superwolfe & Cybertron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Indianapolis Convention Center [ Map ]
Hall I
100 South Capitol Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46225​

Winners from the Regional Championships will have qualified to compete in the U.S. National Championships in Indianapolis. Come watch the best Trainers in the North America battle it out for the chance to represent their country at the Pokémon World Championships in San Diego!

The Last Chance Qualifier is a one-day event to give players who did not earn an invitation to the National Championships events one more opportunity to participate in the Main Event. The Last Chance Qualifier takes place on July 8th at the same location as the National Championships.

Attending (LCQ)
Masters Division is capped at 1024 entrants and Seniors is capped at 512. If a player receive an invite at one of the US regionals, they will be moved from the LCQ list to the National list.

Masters Division

1. Firestorm
  2. Oberon
  3. Fishy
  4. Cannonfodder
  5. Dark Arceus
  6. Sixonesix
  7. theamericandream38
  8. andrea
  9. DM
  10. Atlas
  11. KingEmpoleon
  12. bearsfan092
  13. Iliad
  14. Phiddlesticks
  15. Dubulous
  16. GreySong
  17. Nightmare13
  18. Rhymey
  19. pokemonrocks777
  20. yaya0
  21. Tokyo Pyro
  22. Falkon
  23. TrainerGaryOak
  24. ShinyRegice
  25. kingofkongs
  26. Articuno64
  27. TDS
  28. Valdens
  29. Hawkster
  30. destinybond
Seniors Division

1. JRank
  2. Alphabet123
Attending (National)
Masters Division

1. Ninahaza
  2. Werecario
  3. CRITICO!
  4. Albinoloon
  5. biffsterPKMN
  6. evan
  7. Tyler
  8. Sapphire Birch
  9. JabbaTheGriffin
  10. Synre
  11. ZeroxJustice
  12. Crow350
  13. Huy
  14. superwolfe
  15. TTS
  16. dtrain
  17. Tween Star
  18. Joan
  19. Itakio
  20. Team Rocket Elite
  21. "Team Rocket Elite's Brother"
Seniors Division

1. Sniffles
  2. Lucien Lachance
  3. Kid Kadabra
  4. Cybertron
  5. Unreality
  6. Human
  7. kingofkongs
  8. Shinypokemonvictini

Master's Division Nationals Qualifiers
As an internet Pokemon battling website, Smogon would like to recognize the success of the internet Pokemon battlers who have earned invitations to the VGC National Championships this year. We'll be attempting to keep track of the members of Smogon and other Pokemon websites who acquire invitations and recording them here, regardless of whether or not they're actually going to be able to attend. If we missed anyone or made any mistakes, go ahead and let us know, and we'll edit this list right away.

Northwest (Seattle) Qualifiers
Winner: biffsterPKMN
Runner-Up: [SPF] Tween Star
Top 4: Team Rocket Elite's Brother who for some reason has no name of his own, [SPF] Itakio
Top 8: OmegaDonut, thepickandplay, Team Rocket Elite
Top 16: GreenStaar, Ninahaza, Raze17, Fish

West (San Jose) Qualifiers
Winner: makiri
Runner-Up: Metabou
Top 4: Bianca222
Top 8: Huy, Halordain, ShinyPachirisu
Top 16: DeagleBeagle, TheFourthChaser, Breludicolo

South (Dallas) Qualifiers
Winner: ryuzaki vgc
Runner-Up: Alaka
Top 4: CRITICO!
Top 8: Charistopher
Top 16: Werecario, Halordain, Smith, Shieux

Southeast (Atlanta) Qualifiers
Winner: Captain Falcon
Runner-Up: Crow350
Top 4: meztips
Top 8: Synre
Top 16: Victory Star

East (Washington) Qualifiers
Winner: superwolfe
Runner-Up: imperfectspider
Top 4: Tyler, Jibaku
Top 8: evan
Top 16: TTS, dtrain, icepick

Northeast (Newark) Qualifiers
Winner: imperfectspider
Runner-Up: The Wolf
Top 4: ZeroxJustice
Top 8: locopoke
Top 16: Sapphire Birch, JabbaTheGriffin, Fuzzball

Gonna beat Fishy in LCQ just like I did last year if I don't win an invite in whatever regional I bother to appear at

No doubt about it. I am going to be at LCQ in masters division.
What time is registration at on July 8th and is the battling right after it? I know registering for the Nationals the on saturday starts at 4 P.M. on Friday. So does that mean it will take place about noon'ish or 1'ish? I think my team will be a close copy of a team that top 16's one of the regionals and for Nat's if I get in I will use my own team.

I can imagine many people using just what tops at regionals leading up to that. So really if everyone does build teams like that just add counters against them and it should be: Counter Meta Vs. Meta (whats currently used) Vs. Random other people's teams that make no sense.

No doubt about it. I am going to be at LCQ in masters division.
What time is registration at on July 8th and is the battling right after it? I know registering for the Nationals the on saturday starts at 4 P.M. on Friday. So does that mean it will take place about noon'ish or 1'ish? I think my team will be a close copy of a team that top 16's one of the regionals and for Nat's if I get in I will use my own team.
http://www.pokemonvgc.com/en/event/24 said:
Last Chance Qualifier Registration:
Masters Division:
Line opens: 1:00 P.M.
Line closes: 1:30 P.M.
If it's like previous years play starts immediately.

Dark Arceus said:
I can imagine many people using just what tops at regionals leading up to that. So really if everyone does build teams like that just add counters against them and it should be: Counter Meta Vs. Meta (whats currently used) Vs. Random other people's teams that make no sense.
Kind of a trade off there with using things that have been proven to work but are also something other dedicated players have seen and will have thought about ways to play against(and in many cases, will have played against on PO already), I think. Advantages and disadvantages. Gotta imagine most people do better using their own teams though, if only to account for style.

Kind of a trade off there with using things that have been proven to work but are also something other dedicated players have seen and will have thought about ways to play against(and in many cases, will have played against on PO already), I think. Advantages and disadvantages. Gotta imagine most people do better using their own teams though, if only to account for style.

True, true. Many people do want to win with their own unique team. But many people just want to win so they will be copying the best teams out there. I personally just thought of a semi-unique team using good pokemon with other good pokemon that people wouldn't think about putting on the same team (Cryptic as heck but I can't explain without saying my team).

All in all though people at Smogon will probably have unique teams and people with no internet or way's to find the result's of other tournments will have unique teams but still people who are overcompetitive (Like people say how smogon is (but is'nt)) will be copying teams and expecting wins. Many people who battle with people online will be doing that because they want to win and just don't know how to have fun.

It's Pokemon and having fun should be just as important as wanting to win.

Also, I said this in a different thread, but I think everyone will agree that TPCi made an awesome choice by moving the Masters LCQ time to 1 PM instead of making it 8 AM like last year ._.

In it! Looking forward to the massive reunion with everyone again. =)
Agreed. Hopefully it won't be awkward like last year for me (since it was first year eehhhh).

Still looking forward to it awkward or not :D

Also, I said this in a different thread, but I think everyone will agree that TPCi made an awesome choice by moving the Masters LCQ time to 1 PM instead of making it 8 AM like last year ._.
Yeah, that was terrible. =_=

Oh GOD I didn't even notice that (and had to fix the copy/pasta in my last post because of it)...

This is probably the best thing ever, especially speaking as someone who showed up a round late for the non-LCQ portion of Nats both Saturday and Sunday last year because I couldn't handle the early morning thing...

Seriously, what was that 8 AM crap? I haven't had a class before noon since high school. Even my job is only at 10:30am. Appreciated change, TPCI.

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Masters division is most likely to have hangovers, so yeah, moving their playtime to the afternoon = <3

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Throwing my hat in the ring. I have neither a game cartridge nor a DS, and obviously no team, but I am IN IT TO WIN IT, BABY.

Julky 81th can't come soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)