VGC '11 US National - Indianapolis - July 8th to 10th - WON by superwolfe & Cybertron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfey

VGC 2016 Masters Champion
Thanks to everyone, especially team Shalom and everyone who was part of that little group today, I cant wait for everyone to see my finals matches, the first one he crit my mummy through a burn, the second one he got 3 paras and a flinch on my mummy everytime I tried to use TR, it was too close, and it didnt help with scraftys para and WoW missing, had a great time, thanks to everyone congrats to Aaron and Snake, I'll put up a warstory later

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
I was looking forward to this weekend. I was excited, until Sunday came afterward and I had to go down to the bus stop to pick my seat for the ride home.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Finally got to a computer, kind of pissed that I lost against mosquito to stupidest reasons. If you guys want to know how team seniors lost:

Kok vs. mosquito (Bs Flinch, Crit and miss hax)
Maski vs. guy (bs exhaustion hax(she thought the renuniclus that didn't have mental herb was a musharna 9.9))
Human vs. phillip (mosqutio's equally haxy friend) (BS Ultimadum hax)
UNREAL TITTIES vs. David Arnold (BS crit hax)
Zheng vs. David Arnold (ZHENG'D OUT)

I never get any luck at these things >_> let's hope this changes for worlds lcq and worlds!

yeah I lost for all reasons above and also

I would have won the second match and gone 2-0 that round

but

I TIMED OUT ON MOVE SELECTION AND DIDN'T GET TO PROTECT WITH JELLICENT BSSS

still raging because that was a such a stupid way to not get the invite since I live in az

but yes indeed it was the time of a lifetime

CYBERTRON KID KADABRA JRANK HITMONROCKER KINGOFKONGS UNREALITY HUMAN LUCIEN LACHANCE ABC ISS i love you guys <3 <3 <3 did I forget anyone also huy duy capt. falcon guy who was with capt.falcon dbond enfuego metabou and amarillo caballero are really cool too <3

I think the seniors are doing a joint warstory so look forward to that i guess :D

GO CYBERTRON I LOVE YOU MAN

Just got back home, ahhhh, it's great to be back in New York. Luck once again prevailed in Seniors, proving this game is luck based. Warstory will be coming up soon, and then you guys can flame Phillip and me for being lucky :P

And though I can believe it, I AM UPSET KIWI LOST TO DAVID ARNOLD. >.<

Special thanks to Zheng, Unreality, Enosh, Eujin, Natalie, and many others, like kingofkongs, for making this possibly one of the greatest experiences of my life.

just getting back into canadia now, still not getting home for another few hours though. probably gonna write some kind of warstory asap

edit: some dude on my bus has a duck quacking as his ringtone

Was a strong tournament. 5-2 day one, losing to Mosquitox to a fair game, albeit a bit of hax. The hax was nothing compared to what some people had to go through though. Also lost to green hornet's sister, I believe, since I switched my Terrakion out and got paralyzed with Discharge on the switch (she hit herself doing that too), missing Rock Slide, then getting fully paralyzed. Can't complain, placed 7th going into day two.

I was scared out of my mind and almost threw up before the tournament started day two. Had to play the Seattle champ for the Worlds Invite, got some hax but don't think it really would have changed anything. Brandon was probably the hardest opponent I had all day. His team is awesome, and the game/momentum went back and forth. Got lucky with a 1 turn sleep in the last game, good games man. Haxy games against Phillip too but I think I had it anyways.

Finals with David was so intense. He pretty much destroyed me game 1, setting up Tailwind, Rain, AND having a Scarfer in the back. Change my mons to take the water/electric based moves game 2, won because Water Spout + Rain left Thundurus with ONE HP. Game 3, use Amoonguss over Jellicent, predicting that he would expect Jellicent again. Worked wonders in the end. Great game buddy, always an honor playing you!

I'm about to leave the hotel, so just doing a quick summery of the weekend. I think Seniors are doing a combined warstory so expect that soon. Love Team Seniors/csmugs/Ducks, SO STRONG.

(<3 maski, <3 unreality, <3 kingofkongs, <3 ABC, <3 Kid Kadabra, <3 Human, <3 Lucien Lachance, <3 iss, <3 Vince, <3 all the other seniors. this game rocks!)

CYBERTRON KID KADABRA HITMONROCKER KINGOFKONGS UNREALITY HUMAN LUCIEN LACHANCE ISS i love you guys <3 <3 <3 did I forget anyone also huy duy capt. falcon guy who was with capt.falcon dbond enfuego metabou and amarillo caballero are really cool too <3
Thanks for forgetting my Natalie ^_^

Edit: *me

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yey forgotten by everyone 9.9. W/e congrats to the winners and everyone who qualified, gotta say David Arnold is awesome for getting 2nd with rain.

Not likely to write a warstory or anything so I thought I'd make a few comments here:

First of all, congratulations to the top 8 in all divisions, it's hard to qualify for Worlds every year and with as frustrating as this metagame has been for many of us, props to all of you that managed to win in spite of it.

While things could have gone better for me individually here(lol 17th at 5-2), the way things played out here reminded me a lot of why I love VGC, and trying to win isn't it, fun as competing was this year. Last year I hadn't played a game of doubles from JAA Detroit in 2006 until Nationals LCQ in 2010, and while I enjoy the game itself in spite of itself, I came, played, and had a fantastic time because I got to see everyone again. Annoyed though I was about my own position, I was glad to have friends in the top 16, and as the 17 seed I can say honestly I'm glad Danny was the 16 and not me, because he did a hell of a lot better than I would have and I'm really happy he won a trip. After Fish's misadventures in Swiss last year it was great to see him net an invite, too. I always try to view this as a team game because the game's nature makes it too frustrating alone and I wouldn't even play without my friends, and while we might have liked to do a little better as a group, it's not so bad when at least friends make it in, even if you lose yourself.

Thanks for the great time to all the old friends I saw again and all the new people I "met" in person for the first time this week. I have a great time at all these events and I'm already looking forward to next year. Hopefully I can improve enough to play a little better there.

EDIT: Oh, ffs I forgot the most important thing: i'm not sure if any of you will read this, but thanks so much to TPCI for putting on these events. It's funny to type knowing what has happened since, but I remember when we were playing competitive GSC we thought the Pokemon video games were dying, and it's because of the work of people like you all that it is instead thriving. I may not agree with all of the decisions you guys make with age divisions and metagames, but I think I speak for all of us when I say I'm so, so thankful to you guys for putting on these events. There's not much in life I look forward to more than Nationals these days. I know we give you guys some trouble with our amazing EV counting ability and some of Smogon's forum members' other antics(looking at you, beaglefan#s), but we really do appreciate what you guys do and it's all in fun. Thanks.

Yey forgotten by everyone 9.9. W/e congrats to the winners and everyone who qualified, gotta say David Arnold is awesome for getting 2nd with rain.
Thanks JRank! We won't forget you. It was great seeing you again and meeting your dad. Team Dad will do better in the future I'm sure. David will be posting soon. Unfortunately for him it's back to the grind of school (he has to take summer school because he is in band - not cool), marching band and everything else.

I know he wants to keep in touch with all of the great friends he made at Nationals.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks JRank! We won't forget you. It was great seeing you again and meeting your dad. Team Dad will do better in the future I'm sure. David will be posting soon. Unfortunately for him it's back to the grind of school (he has to take summer school because he is in band - not cool), marching band and everything else.

I know he wants to keep in touch with all of the great friends he made at Nationals.
Yes next year Dad is going to be way more prepared than this year. All Dad really knew how to do was Tailwind+Rock Slide, and to "taunt the mushrooms" (Amoonguss lol). In the fourth round if he had Rock Slided instead of Sacred Swording he would've been in nats! (his opponent wound up finishing dead last in swiss lol)

Also I'm looking forward to David being more active on Smogon, I'd like to keep in touch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)