VGC '12 Canada National - Toronto - WON by Chinese Dood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Toronto Airport [ Map ]
655 Dixon Road
Toronto, ON M9W 1J3
Phone: +1-416-244-1711​

The first ever Canadian Video Game National Champion will be decided on Canada Day! Taking place the same weekend as the US Nationals, the Canadian Nationals will decide who will represent Canada at the World Championships in Hawaii. Anybody who resides in Canada may enter. There are no prior qualifications required.

Byes
The following players have been awarded byes for the first two rounds of the swiss tournament on by placing either 1st or 2nd at a regional competition.

Masters
  • R Inanimate (1st Place, British Columbia, Spring)
  • c l e a r (1st Place, Ontario, Spring)
Seniors
  • MiniWade (1st Place, Ontario, Spring)
Attendees
Masters

1. Atlas (Ontario)
  2. Roz +1 (Quebec)
  3. MaRcEsCeNt (Quebec)
  4. Feathers (British Columbia)
  5. Phiddlesticks (Ontario)
  6. Texas Cloverleaf (Ontario)
  7. Kapuran (Ontario)
  8. Snkz (Ontario)
  9. c l e a r (Ontario)
  10. Chinese Dood +1 (British Columbia)
  11. skarm +1 (Saskatchewan)
  12. R Inanimate (British Columbia)
  13. Team Rocket Elite (British Columbia)
  14. jerkstore (Ontario)
  15. qwart (Ontario)
  16. FearZeCrawdaunt (British Columbia)
  17. Seed Bomb +1 (USA)
  18. Jmandal (Ontario)
Seniors
  1. MiniWade (Ontario)
  2. Snivy102 (Ontario)

I can't wait. I hope there's a bit more pomp to the event than the Toronto Regional (which was a bit... drab). Debating how much to switch up my team, it's a tough decision... worked well for me, just not well enough. ;)

EDIT: Hopefully my brother will make it with me as well--he had to cancel Regional attendance at the last second due to a conflict, but he plans on coming to Nationals with me.

I have received a word from my TO the same one who was the organiser of spring regionals just yesterday. Saying that VGC will take place from July 1st to 2nd :/ It even says on my travel award papers that event takes place at July 1st.

I want to show up but not entirely sure if I will be free. I'll try to set up a real team and compete again too if I do go.

I have received a word from my TO the same one who was the organiser of spring regionals just yesterday. Saying that VGC will take place from July 1st to 2nd :/ It even says on my travel award papers that event takes place at July 1st.
Interesting. I've hunted down contact information for the event organizer from Pokemon.com and emailed him, looking for further information on the actual dates. It's possible June 30th and July 1st is for TCG, and VGC is July 1st and July 2nd. I'll let you know when I get a response.

Sorry for the double post, just wanted to make sure this for the proper attention it needs. My response from the Nats organizer inquiring about the dates for the event:

Sure Jason. VGC Nats will be on Sunday, July 1st. One day only.

July 2nd on the travel award lets you know that you can stay in the hotel until July 2nd.

Marvin Paguirigan
Skyfox Games
www.skyfoxgames.com
Presumably, then, June 30th is TCG, if anything at all. No need for us to worry about it. So--see you all July 1st. ;)

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Presumably, then, June 30th is TCG, if anything at all. No need for us to worry about it. So--see you all July 1st. ;)
Starting to make me think this may not have a top cut either which would be tremendously disappointing and not really worth flying for. Hopefully they put out full details soon.

Starting to make me think this may not have a top cut either which would be tremendously disappointing and not really worth flying for. Hopefully they put out full details soon.
Well--maybe, maybe not (I'll email the guy back, see if he can shed some light). Toronto Regionals finished by 1:30, plenty of time for a Top Cut in the afternoon. Even without, it should still be fun, but justifying a flight is thankfully not something I'll need to worry about... hopefully Mr. Paguirigan will give us good news, then.

Well, Canada does have significantly less people.
But all this talk begging for a top cut is bound to catch some attention.

That being said, I am going, not like that needs to be said.

I'm likely going, and Sally's likely going with me, but can't say for sure until it's definitely for sure! So I guess...

We'll see. :)

Thank god I thought there was a chance of whiffing the prizes but glad theres a top cut. Now I can see what team to use and how :$

Also is there something I need to do? Like my regionals record won't show up on Pokemon it says I haven't attended any VGC events, is it possible I have to do something in order for it to show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)