Registration: 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Canada will be receiving its first set of officially sanctioned Pokemon video game tournaments this spring! In Toronto it will be take place at the Wizard World Toronto Comic-Con. The swiss format tournament will take place on Sunday April 15th, one day after the TCG tournament in the same venue. The top four receive subsidized trips to the Nationals tournament in Toronto with the top two also receiving two round byes.
The tournament will be in the swiss format likely with no top cut. Players will be paired up against each other and every round they will play someone else with a similar record to them. After a set amount of rounds, the players with the best scores (with tie-breakers determined by the win percentage of their opponents) will receive their prizes. This means everyone will get to play every round and nobody is eliminated in the tournament!
Honestly, unless you're coming from the airport these are actually walking instructions because of how close the convention centre is to where you'll be getting off from land-based transport. It's not worth grabbing a subway.
From Union Station (GO Bus, GO Train, TTC) [ Map ]
- Walk up to Front St.
- Turn left and walk down Front St. until you hit the entrance to the convention centre
- Walk down Bay St. past Eatons Centre
- Turn right on Queen St.
- Turn left on Simcoe St.
- Turn right on Front St. and walk until you hit the entrance to the convention centre
From Toronto Pearson International Airport [ Map ]
- Take the 300 bus from Bay 1
- Transfer to the 504 Streetcar at Bloor at Dundas
- Get off at King St. West at John St.
- Walk down John St.
- Turn left at Front St. and walk until you hit the entrance to the convention centre
- Texas Cloverleaf
- Tuchpi (maybe?)