VGC '12 Eastern Canada Regional - Toronto, ON - Won by c l e a r & MiniWade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, if you're taking transit and live within Toronto (i.e. not taking the Greyhound), I assume you're going to be taking the subway anyway. If you are taking the subway anyway, St. Andrew and the connecting Streetcar route (you can skip the streetcar if you want) are the fastest way to do it.

If you are taking the Greyhound, GO train etc. then there's no point in paying fare for a couple of stops and yes, you can just walk from Union.

I'll be attending too, masters.
Is there going to be some kind of meeting before/after the event? I'd love to meet the smogoners while I'm visiting Toronto!

My girlfriend and I are both going for Masters! First VGC event for both of us... I'm in the top 50 for Canada on the GBU Doubles last season so hopefully I can see how I fare live with all the Smogon's and not just random internet people!

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey so the event is just a week away right, hope you all are ready. I still need to get two of my team members on their feet.

I would also not mind privately exchanging a few phone numbers with anyone interested, sort of like what happened during the smocon meeting where I can collect numbers and pics of people to assist everyone when we meet up irl.

@Layell: I'm planning to play my matches, I stumbled upon some of your pictures, if I meet you people or see a group of people who could be Smogoners I'll approach you.

I'll be coming, just learned about VGC month ago and made up my team this will be fun ^.^ However I am doing TCG to so yeah :$

I'm a senior!

I can't go Q_Q My brother has work, and going alone really blows. Plus I only have 4/6 of my team.

EDIT; Actually, when would this event end?

My girlfriend can't attend, she got suckered into work. She didn't book the day off, like this isn't a super special event to coordinate her life around or something. Pfft.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My exams are done and I too only have 4/6 team members. My brother is also attending now and should be in masters, if that matters much.

Those of you would rather not exchange info and such (totally understandable) just look for the coolest group of people around, also check out some of our pics in the album.

I can't go Q_Q My brother has work, and going alone really blows. Plus I only have 4/6 of my team.

EDIT; Actually, when would this event end?
Don't not go because your brother can't! As long as you're outgoing you can make tons of friends at any VGC event!

Anyone knows in what building the competition will be? I went to the convention center just to check where it was, and the place is huge. IT'd be helpful to know if the competition's in the north or south building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)