gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Royal Plaza [ Map ]
1905 Hotel Plaza Blvd
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830​

Juniors/Seniors Registration: 9:00am - 9:30am
Masters Registration: 12:00 noon - 12:30pm

For the first time, Pokémon is combining their Trading Card and Video Game Regionals for one incredible event! The Florida Regional, located at the Royal Plaza is a new location for Video Game players. With a new tournament format, everyone gets to play and no one gets eliminated, so come join some of the toughest and most skilled trainers in the region at the 2012 Pokémon VGC Florida Regional.

Information:
  1. Regionals has now become a 2 day event. The first day is for the card game, and the 2nd is for the video game.
  2. The tournament will not be single elimination anymore. Matches for tournaments are set up using the Swiss Pairing Method. In this method, all players in a tournament play in each round against an opponent with a similar win/loss record. Players are not paired against opponents they have previously played. You are paired with a random opponent through the computer that has the same record as you.
  3. There will be no Top Cut. This means that results will be based off of Swiss standings. Tiebreakers (your opponent's win %) will be used to determine placing.
Prizes:
1st Place
  • A Pokémon Video Game Regional Championships 1st Place medal
  • A Travel Award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2011 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana*
  • A first- and second-round bye at the 2012 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships**
  • Additional Pokémon-themed items
  • 10 Championship Points
2nd Place
  • A Pokémon Video Game Regional Championships 2nd Place medal
  • A $300 travel allowance (including an additional $300 travel allowance for players under 18) to participate in the 2011 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, OR the 2011 Pokémon Video Game Canada National Championships in Toronto, ON.*
  • A first- and second-round bye at the 2012 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships**
  • 8 Championship Points
3rd & 4th Place
  • A Pokémon Video Game Regional Championships 3rd or 4th Place medal
  • A $300 travel allowance (including an additional $300 travel allowance for players under 18) to participate in the 2011 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, OR the 2011 Pokémon Video Game Canada National Championships in Toronto, ON.*
  • 6 Championship Points
5th through 36th will all earn championship points based on attendance, but these points do not affect us this year.

Juniors and Seniors 9:00am - 9:30am
Masters 12:00pm - 12:30pm

Attending
Masters Division
  1. Noxe (+4)
  2. Crow350
  3. Tobes
  4. Aiya
  5. lucariojr
  6. Quoc
  7. Everstone
  8. Blades + FSPL Clan

Senior Division

I probably should have mentioned that there will be a few battlers coming with me. 2 of them are lurkers(like me except i occasioanlly post) while the other two are super casual. See you guys there.

TO ANYONE IN FLORIDA ATTENDING VGC 2012 i can go but i have no good transportation, i live in homestead, fl 33033 if anyone could get me ill gladly pay for gas and stuff

Edit: i can try to meet you at your place or half way there depending on where you live.

TO ANYONE IN FLORIDA ATTENDING VGC 2012 i can go but i have no good transportation, i live in homestead, fl 33033 if anyone could get me ill gladly pay for gas and stuff

Edit: i can try to meet you at your place or half way there depending on where you live.
If you could somehow find a way to be in tampa or bradenton i could, but other than that I can't man.

I wish I could go man... I gotta try to convince my mom one more time... Im here in J-ville pretty far GARSH!

bailing out of florida, going to MO instead

sorry noxe :((((
NOOOOOO, the epic rematch was supposed to happen!!! Lol it's all good man you gotta do what you gotta do. My friends will thank you though. For them the less smogonites the better lol.

*Edit, every time I see Lake Buena Vista, I twitch.... It's Downtown Disney >.>

LOL, so I just assumed everyone clicked on the Royal Plaza link and knew but ya, the Royal Plaza is Downtown Disney, where you can get to pretty much all the parks and the resort/hotel etc.

Yes, It's awesome our regional is here.

Yes parking fares are going to suck >.<

**Edit can someone plz Update the original post.

Masters 12:00 noon - 12:30pm

Talked to the PTO, doesn't look like there will be any TV setups or side events during the VGC. So I wouldn't recommend coming before your signup time unless your a cardgamer, planned a meetup with other players, or have someone participating at that time and are there for moral support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)