VGC '12 Florida Regional - Lake Buena Vista, FL - November 13th

this is the best regional wtf you can actually go to disney world right after you win
Assuming your not a Florida resident, you will shell out tons of money without getting an advanced pass. But ya I guess you could LOL.

Go to the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, or the Sports Complex. They are the best IMO.

Hey guys, my first post here!

This will be my first tournament that I'll be in for Pokemon. Having only heard about it a few days ago, I've just started training my Pokemon and coming up with strategies. I don't expect to win, just to have fun and see what the competitive scene is like. See you all there!

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
If I don't go this year, I'll be regretting it. See you all Sunday.

I wish I could go man... I gotta try to convince my mom one more time... Im here in J-ville pretty far GARSH!
Are you on irc? If you are still interested in going we might be able to work something out on there. Assuming you mean Jacksonville, it's not too far from where I am.

A small faction of the FSPL will be there. A lot of our guys dropped out though because of unprepared teams. I think we'll have between 4 and 6 guys.

A small faction of the FSPL will be there. A lot of our guys dropped out though because of unprepared teams. I think we'll have between 4 and 6 guys.
So will you be there blades? I haven't played against you guys since 2010?

If I don't go this year, I'll be regretting it. See you all Sunday.

Are you on irc? If you are still interested in going we might be able to work something out on there. Assuming you mean Jacksonville, it's not too far from where I am.
Thats nice but I know my mom wont let me go that far with someone from Smogon... But thanks again. I hate that me and my brother only play pokemon, he could take me but he doesnt have his licensce YET. So when he does he can take me and others. :) Good Luck my fellow Florida Residents!!!

I will be there (masters division)! This will be my first VGC... they haven't been kind to Florida! I'll be playing in TCG too, but if I'm still in the TCG tournament when the time comes for VGC (I made top 8 in our April regionals), I'll drop from TCG. I have a few friends that will be playing in VGC if they have been eliminated from TCG when VGC starts, or if they know they have a bad matchup in the next round of TCG top cuts.

I will be there (masters division)! This will be my first VGC... they haven't been kind to Florida! I'll be playing in TCG too, but if I'm still in the TCG tournament when the time comes for VGC (I made top 8 in our April regionals), I'll drop from TCG. I have a few friends that will be playing in VGC if they have been eliminated from TCG when VGC starts, or if they know they have a bad matchup in the next round of TCG top cuts.
TGC and VGC are on different days.

TGC and VGC are on different days.
Not entirely true. Top cut for TCG is on Sunday as well. Not sure how familiar you are with the Florida scene crow, but FL is a premier spot for the TCG, so there will be a huge crowd for it.

Not entirely true. Top cut for TCG is on Sunday as well. Not sure how familiar you are with the Florida scene crow, but FL is a premier spot for the TCG, so there will be a huge crowd for it.
Correct. Masters TCG will most likely be in top 4 when VGC starts.

For any VG players that will be there today, I will also. I'll be participating in the TCG. So feel free to flag me down if you see me. My pic is in the Picture thread. See you soon!

Twitter app isn't working. I'll try and post updates whenever I can unless someone else will be taking care of it.

So the Florida regional happens before the other ones? Since Florida's to the east and everything. I'd have thought we'd have heard something.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So the Florida regional happens before the other ones? Since Florida's to the east and everything. I'd have thought we'd have heard something.
Florida happens at the same time as Rhode Island and Virginia but neither Florida nor Virginia players seem to be updating as often.

A good friend of mine, Grafton Roll, took first. He's always been a prodigy in the TCG and got top 4 in worlds last year, but this was his first VGC. It's also his first year in masters. He used a Sandstorm team. He lost his first round, but his opponent failed a post-round hack check, so he was given the win. He lost his second round to Noxe, but his Noxe was sitting in the wrong seat, so Grafton was given the win. He then won his last 4 games.

I finished 5-1 and ended up getting 6th (bottom of the 5-1s :/).

2nd: William Collins
3rd: Michael Rubano
4th: Steven Scruggs

I wish I had gotten a chance to talk to more of you, but between rounds I was recording my last round's battle (using the "Look Back" feature) with my camera. It's funny and cool how I frequently heard people asking their opponents if they were on Smogon :).

I was the person that sat in the wrong seat. I beat him with two full health pokemon left. Would have taken first, but it was my fault! I'll post more when I get home tonight.

Will the winners of the regionaks VGC post their team analysis'? It would be great to learn something from them. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)