VGC '12 France National - Paris - March 17th - WON BY bharmalm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody care to post some battle videos they have? Grats to people w/ trips, it's pathetic the French can't even place in their own bloody National

right now we are here in the hotel drinking with the germans, I've been haxed out prety badly by one of then, he has placed 2nd.

congratulations!

Man, I can't believe the french couldn't win their own tournament (if that's true), although in america it's fair to say a lot of people win regionals who aren't from the state it's in.

Guys thanks for the support, honestly it means so much!

Bhalaalalalalam won Paris AGAIN! Stayed as long as I could hold team UK up to see him get top 4, the rest was easy for the senior prodigy, he showed me the match 30 minutes ago, the final that is, he beat something to do with the person who beat gree or something?

Just got back; yes I won.
Had a lot of fun :D (no Hydro Pump misses all day asasblyfhd what is this wizardry)
Finals was me Vs. Repr4y: 85-99789-15387 (if somebody could get this on youtube that would be wonderful)
I played pokealex in top 4
hawaii :D

bharmalm I am surprised you got so far with that terrible team you had lol

but yeah, congrats. Your semi final and final were the same as mime last year in spain lol

Any battle video numbers for me to upload?
Me vs Dozz: 47-14905-62230, very close match first two turns, we did absolutely nothing and definitely the hardest VGC match i've ever done and one of the best. Too bad we had to face each other early, some crazy woman INSISTED we would battle and i was pretty pissed off because it was the round before finalists lounge and we both would have easily went there having each faced a random person.

About foodking, yeah, I kinda knocked him out 2nd round if anyone was wondering haha.
Guys thanks for the support, honestly it means so much!

Bhalaalalalalam won Paris AGAIN! Stayed as long as I could hold team UK up to see him get top 4, the rest was easy for the senior prodigy, he showed me the match 30 minutes ago, the final that is, he beat something to do with the person who beat gree or something?
ROB! Yeah congrats man, you deserve it, although i'm not sure about one french person lol, being pretty salty about it. I hope you enjoy worlds if you're going!
French so weak hahahahahaha xd
LOL, no french guys won and even one got hack checked and came up positive which was *facepalm*.
Just got back; yes I won.
Had a lot of fun :D (no Hydro Pump misses all day asasblyfhd what is this wizardry
Finals was me Vs. Repr4y: 85-99789-15387 (if somebody could get this on youtube that would be wonderful)
I played pokealex in top 4
hawaii :D
Yeah, congrats on winning seniors, really good job!

Overall, a really fun experience, right now baz is slumped on my bed after doing 2 random triple battles coming out 1-1. And i'm just about to register for the international wi-fi tournament. (Pretty much same team format and items.)

P.s. I bet my username may change now haha.

Just back from France!!
Great national with a lot of smogoners and most of the best european players!
The italian guy that lost to Yoshi in top8 is registered here as "Hogan" and was as his first VGC ever...good job!
Nicola got in the finalist lounge but lost in pre-top8 against a skilled french player that used a standard PO team (hitmontop-zapdos-scizor-garchomp). The french guy lost to Repr4y in top8.
My other brother lost in round 2 in masters.
I won with ease my first 3 games, then the staff forced me to leave the competition, because i already have my payed trip from worlds ._.
I understand that i was "stealing" trip to other people, but the porpouse of national championship is not only to win trips for worlds...in this way i can't play events for an entire year, and i can't try to compete to become italian national champion...it doesn't really make sense

I won with ease my first 3 games, then the staff forced me to leave the competition, because i already have my payed trip from worlds ._. I understand that i was "stealing" trip to other people, but the porpouse of national championship is not only to win trips for worlds...in this way i can't play events for an entire year, and i can't try to compete to become italian national champion...it doesn't really make sense
This is absolutely ridiculous, I'm really sorry you had to deal with that bullshit. I don't recall any written rule about a World Champion/Runner-up being restricted to play for the rest of the season. Ray played at Regionals and LCQ last year just for fun, but he also got some really good practice in from that which eventually led to his winning team. Have you tried contacting Pokemon officially about this issue? You should be allowed to play in anything regardless of how you performed the previous year. Did the staff members kick you out by themselves, or did they say that it was Pokemon's rule/decision?

(It's still unfair because Kamz/Brian Hough played at a Regionals this year - Brian even won the Regional/airfare to our Nationals from that.)

FINALLY got back, longest days ever... but man, they were awesome. Got top 16 by pulling a Marti, wasn't playing well all day but had fun regardless. I'll probably post a warstory tonight or tomorrow depending on how long I sleep for..

Soooo much competition in Paris compared to Birmingham too imo. Tons of communities clearly turned up and it was an awesome event, loved meeting everyone.

This is absolutely ridiculous, I'm really sorry you had to deal with that bullshit. I don't recall any written rule about a World Champion/Runner-up being restricted to play for the rest of the season. Ray played at Regionals and LCQ last year just for fun, but he also got some really good practice in from that which eventually led to his winning team. Have you tried contacting Pokemon officially about this issue? You should be allowed to play in anything regardless of how you performed the previous year. Did the staff members kick you out by themselves, or did they say that it was Pokemon's rule/decision?
Last week i recived an email from the Player Coordinator with the code to book my trip, and i asked him if i was able to play in 2012 national championships. He said that i can play, but that i obviously can't win additional trips. I said that to the staff, and for them the response of player coordinator was very strange. They said that i already have a trip, so i can't play...i didn't know the regoulation, so I did what I was told to do. Anyway i will about that, because i really want to play in Italian national championsips

(It's still unfair because Kamz/Brian Hough played at a Regionals this year - Brian even won the Regional/airfare to our Nationals from that.)
I didn't know that...more that unfair i would say that it's inconsistent

Ah, I understand. How it should work is that you are allowed to play, but if you win a trip that you already have, it gets passed down to the next person, or whoever is 5th place. Considering Brian will be allowed to play at our Nationals this year, I don't see any reason why you can't as long as any invite/trip you win is passed down.

Best of luck to you, I really hope to see you compete at Italy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)