1. The moderators of this forum are blarajan, Jio, Jibaku, and Kaori.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

VGC '12 France National - Paris - March 17th - WON BY bharmalm

Discussion in 'Past Format Discussion' started by Dozz, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

As far as I'm aware, this is the current plan:

I'm travelling with another UK player called Ferne (Magpie username) on Thursday and staying in a hotel with her. I've paid £50 to get to London and back from Manchester, along with £29 for a return ticket on the Euro Star train. Magpie has been kind enough to pay for our first night in the hotel on Thursday but I'm unsure of the price as it's different to the hotel we're in on Friday. We're meeting up with the rest of 'Team UK' on Friday, which includes:

Keelhauled, nathane3, Pokérob, tblakey89, Osirus182, Ant_, twash, Dozz, and PorkLoin, and NidoRich.

With myself and Magpie included, that is 12 players. We're staying in an Etap Hotel on Friday night where tblakey89 has booked four rooms which is enough to accommodate 12 people. So, sadly Baz, I'm not sure if there will be enough room unless you know of more people coming to Paris who have spare hotel space.

The Etap we're all staying at is equivalent to £14 each, so £42 per room. If you can find another two people willing to stay at Etap then it'd be £14 for yourself as well. Good luck in organising your travel, though!

I believe the coach that the rest of Team UK are boarding leaves at 10am on Friday morning, while the return isn't until around 11pm on the Saturday.
  2. Nathane3

Nathane3

This is all correct :) yeah leaving 11pm from france so we have a good day long day there, although i am not sure on room space, best of speaking to tblakey about that since he is the official unofficial organizer
  3. SolCalibre

SolCalibre

Ok, I'm allowed to go which means I want to organize and go with you guys.

^ This, also I really haven't talked to you properly because of my hasty and abrupt leave so if we are able to go, i won't be making the same mistake.
  4. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Well, if you two guys want to try and contact tblakey89 about the hotel, or want me to, you/I can try. However, he's in Essen at the moment. It'd be cool if you guys could get on the same coach (10am Friday) so you travel with the rest of the gang and go to the same hotel (as you two could simply split a room at about £20 each).
  5. SolCalibre

SolCalibre

£20 is totally fine with me and I will make sure to get there at that time, and if you can contact him please whenever possible.
    As for the coach, how will I be able to get tickets? On the day or from the link I saw on the previous page?

Edit: I've tried sending him a pm in the meanwhile.
  6. Nathane3

Nathane3

It would be best to order them from the National Express Website to avoid them selling out. We need to arrive at the coach station an Hour before hand to check in and board.

I will PM you the coach details
  7. Nyx3006

Nyx3006

We can to register for it here? I'm In
  8. NidoRich

NidoRich

We only sell corn-dogs here xD

You need to go and register on the day to compete, this is just to announce that you'll be there :naughty:
  9. Mezuky

Mezuky

Coming in
  10. Duppy Man

Duppy Man

Me + Rees in, any french yout prepare urself to get duppied

NEXT HYPE
  11. DaFlo

DaFlo

so I think I´m out here. Good luck to everyone competing.
  12. Baz Anderson

Baz Anderson

I'm going!!!

I've booked my bus (the 10:00 on Friday morning London to Paris / returning 23:00 Saturday) and I'll be staying in the Etap hotel with Sol.

So I'm looking forward to meeting the gang that are going. Hopefully we'll all have a good weekend.
  13. NidoRich

NidoRich

Hopefully another brit will make the trip to hawaii.....I would happily take said trip :naughty:
  14. Baz Anderson

Baz Anderson

If you plan to play in the 2012 International Challenge and the France National Championships:

1. Register for the International Challenge at the Pokémon Global Link, but do not download the regulations yet.

2. Attend the France National Championships. After the competition, go to the “Live Competition” screen and select "Cancel Participation." This will unlock your Battle Box and allow you to change your team for the International Challenge.

3. Once your team is set in the Battle Box, go to the “Wi-Fi Competition” and download the regulations to lock your Battle Box.

4. Once the International Challenge is complete, go to the “Wi-Fi Competition” screen again and select “Cancel Participation” to unlock your Battle Box.

Source: http://www.pokemon.com/uk/content/battle_box/
  15. Picollo

Picollo

q: Will someone gonna #twitter about this?

oh man so many good players just there...i really enjoy watching. :D
  16. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Live Chat Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Dozz was able to update us during the UK one, but I'm guessing he'll technically be roaming so unless there's accessible WiFi he won't be able to this time? If one of the French players could help out that'd be great.
  17. Dozz

Dozz Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I'll bite the bullet, I have a very tiny international allowance, so I'll put that to use. I'll try and be a bit better about it though.
    I found little time to get it done between rounds, as they're fairly relentless, but, I'll be tweeting as much as possible again. Another french player would be good stuff though. :)
  18. Lord Feraligatr

Lord Feraligatr

how did you get it was so cheap ?
  19. SolCalibre

SolCalibre

Erm, does anyone who's going have a ENG > FR charging adapter lol?
  20. bharmalm

bharmalm

I'll have some with me.
    Oh yeah and i'll be here.
  21. Dozz

Dozz Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

YESSSSS. Best news I've had all day.

Just remember, unhappy Stoutlands need Fustration, not return....
  22. Naetoru

Naetoru

in for seniors
  23. DreamTalon

DreamTalon

Is RubeNCB allowed to compete in this event?
  24. Linck

Linck

25. dtrain

dtrain

Ruben has an indefinite ban.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)