VGC '12 France National - Paris - March 17th - WON BY bharmalm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
By indefinite, do you mean just this year? Or was he perma banned?
Indefinite means permanently. If it was a year, that would be a definite end date. He can appeal in writing and likely will. Whether or not that changes anything remains to be seen. I'm sure he'll let us know but I wouldn't expect any information until the season is over.

Now let's get back to France stuff!

Wow, that's pretty harsh.

I hope some people in the UK gang know how to get from the bus station we arrive at to the hotel and venue... hahaha. The hotel and venue don't seem too far apart from each other, but the bus station we arrive at seems far away...

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I hope some people in the UK gang know how to get from the bus station we arrive at to the hotel and venue... hahaha. The hotel and venue don't seem too far apart from each other, but the bus station we arrive at seems far away...
You'll be fine. You have me wtih you and I'm pretty pro at navigating the Paris Metro. Also having a smartphone helps a bit, might bang out that in a time of desperate need. It's not like we're going to be in a rush across paris like we were last year..

*cough* Gatr cutting it fine *cough*

You'll be fine. You have me wtih you and I'm pretty pro at navigating the Paris Metro. Also having a smartphone helps a bit, might bang out that in a time of desperate need. It's not like we're going to be in a rush across paris like we were last year..

*cough* Gatr cutting it fine *cough*
Perfect! I'm not exactly experienced with the London Underground, nevermind a French version of it... haha.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm bringing two adapters so we can charge our phones / DSes / Cameras and whatnot - if anyone needs to borrow one just give me a shout.

I'm really focused on winning this tournament, hopefully we all have a great time. Looking forward to it :)

Dozz, you shall be my eyes in Paris :D

Havak, I shall definetely not be looking to face you until top4 for many reasons mate.

Dozz

London Underground is easy! The only thing that makes the metro harder is the language barrier I guess. I'm going on what my friend Daphne told us last year, so if they've had a citywide overhaul, we're in trouble.

I have brushed up on a little bit of french as well. I guess having a french relative, and friend at Uni had to pay off sometime, but i'm not being Mr Translator!

I'll bring enough maps and stuff to get us around Paris just fine.

What I was going to suggest was go from Gallieni station to Porte de Champerret (which is on the same line), which is the closest metro station to the vgc, then walk to the vgc so we know where it is, then we head to the hotel, which is 30min walk away. There is stations closer, but I'd rather see where the VGC is first. Also the closest station is 15min away from the hotel, while the VGC is 30min, so makes little difference.

I'll definetely check on the venue with you Blakey.

I should really brush up on my French again or I'll look like Joey from Friends >.<

Yes, it would be good to make sure we know where we are going. I don't speak French at all, so I hope they all speak English... hahaha.

YESSSSS. Best news I've had all day.

Just remember, unhappy Stoutlands need Fustration, not return....
Hahaha, made me chuckle.

Ruben has an indefinite ban.
I read the news, he should have behaved appropriately especially after 'winning'. After stories of his... flamboyant display to say the least, it's not very surprising. But enough about that, i'm hyped with my pokemon and we're ready for the weekend! Baz, i'll be meeting you tomorrow in Victoria at around 5pm. I'll call you when I get to the station. :)

Btw, will I need to exchange some extra euros for french metro, i'm probably gonna carry about 60 Euros. Hope that's enough.

Ok, incase I don't get on my laptop tomorrow morning before I go home from uni, good luck to all those competing in paris, I'll be there in my ducks shirt with a big group of brits (some of which wearing pokemonworld tshirts probably) so feel free to say hi or whatever

It's gonna be a sick weekend bichis, and i'm probably ganna lose r1 again cause im the best

france les go!!!

Yes, I'll see you tomorrow Sol!

I will be leaving early tomorrow morning to get to London, so tonight is the last time I'll be on here before meeting everyone. I'll be wearing my purple Gengar shirt like I was in Birmingham.

Well for the VGC I will be wearing a CM Punk shirt with a bow-tie(kind of a bet) along with a Scraggy who shall also have a bow-tie :naughty::naughty::naughty:

@Sol: The reason I am taking that much is cause I am diabetic and just want to be more safe than not

Ok, incase I don't get on my laptop tomorrow morning before I go home from uni, good luck to all those competing in paris, I'll be there in my ducks shirt with a big group of brits (some of which wearing pokemonworld tshirts probably) so feel free to say hi or whatever

It's gonna be a sick weekend bichis, and i'm probably ganna lose r1 again cause im the best

france les go!!!
Hmm, i'll have to think of what T-shirt to wear, for this occasion you'll either see me wearing a toge-shirt or a brown shirt about the move Earthquake.
Yes, I'll see you tomorrow Sol!

I will be leaving early tomorrow morning to get to London, so tonight is the last time I'll be on here before meeting everyone. I'll be wearing my purple Gengar shirt like I was in Birmingham.
Alright then Baz!

Dozz

Same as Brum I reckon, Me and KeelHauled will be in our matching Duck shirts, so look out for us. Come say Hi or whatever.

I'm gonna take my D-SLR, so might actually get some good photos of stuff this year. Who knows. I'm awful at uploading photos after things though, so if I get any nice ones, make sure to make me upload them..

Not at all stoked on the 6am start I have lined up for Friday, PARIS. LES GO

And likewise, I'm hoping we'll all stick together. I don't know where I'm going in Paris... hahaha.

I'm going to be setting off for the bus station here in Lincoln in a few minutes - so I'll be back on here Sunday night!!

Wish everyone the best of luck for Saturday, My laptop completely died on Tuesday night so I probably wont be able to get on again before I head off to Victoria tomorrow morning.

Gona be an amazing weekend, looking forward to seeing everyone and having a great weekend!!

Will try to get as many updates as possible on my phone for everyone not attending :)

See you all tomorrow, I should be in Victoria station for around 8:45am :D

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Setting off for Paris in under an hour.

Can't wait to see all you guys again, gonna be a blast! :)

Gonna be setting off for Paris tomorrow, so excited to meet all of you British smogoners :pimp:

Also I'm gonna T4 this shit no matter what :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)