VGC '12 Great Lakes Regional - Ft. Wayne, IN - WON BY theamericandream38 & [ Ryan A ]

Allen County War Memorial Coliseum [ Map ]
4000 Parnell Avenue
Ft. Wayne, IN 46805​

Registration Opens: 9:30 AM (Juniors & Seniors), 10:30 AM (Masters)
Registration Closes: 10:00 AM (Juniors & Seniors), 11:00 AM (Masters)

For the first time, Pokémon is combining their Trading Card and Video Game Regionals for one incredible event! The Great Lakes Regional, located at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum is a new location for Video Game players. With a new tournament format, everyone gets to play and no one gets eliminated, so come join some of the toughest and most skilled trainers in the country at the 2012 Pokémon VGC Great Lakes Regional.

Information:
  1. Regionals has now become a 2 day event. The first day is solely for the card game, and the 2nd is for the video game.
  2. The tournament will not be single elimination anymore. Matches for tournaments are set up using the Swiss Pairing Method. In this method, all players in a tournament play in each round against an opponent with a similar win/loss record. Players are not paired against opponents they have previously played. To sum it up, you are paired with a random opponent through the computer that has the same record as you.
  3. There will be no Top Cut: This means that results will be based off Swiss standings, and tiebreakers (Your opponent's win %) will be used to determine placing.
Hotel Information:
The Pokemon Tournament Organizer for the Great Lakes Regional has talked to some local hotels to get discounts for event attendees:
Holiday Inn at IPFW & Coliseum
4111 Paul Shaffer Drive
Fort Wayne, Indiana, 46825
Phone: 260-482-3800

Rooms for $109 a night, must call and ask for "Pokemon Championship" rate.
This hotel is directly across from the conference center.
Reservations must be made by Oct 21st to receive discount rate.

The Hyatt Place Fort Wayne
111 W. Washington Center Road
Fort Wayne, IN, 46825
Tel: 1-260-471-8522
Hyatt Website

Rooms for $89 a night, use Group Code: G-POKE or call and ask for the "Pokemon Championship" Rate
Reservations must be made by Oct 19th to receive discount rate.
Prizes:
All participants will receive 5 Play! Points, and a Pokémon Regional Championships promo card (while supplies last), just for playing!

1st Place
  • A Pokémon Video Game Regional Championships 1st Place medal
  • A Travel Award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2011 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, OR the 2011 Pokémon Video Game Canada National Championships in Toronto, ON.*
  • A first- and second-round bye at the 2012 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships**
  • Additional Pokémon-themed items
  • 10 Championship Points
2nd Place
  • A Pokémon Video Game Regional Championships 2nd Place medal
  • A $300 travel allowance (including an additional $300 travel allowance for players under 18) to participate in the 2011 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, OR the 2011 Pokémon Video Game Canada National Championships in Toronto, ON.*
  • A first- and second-round bye at the 2012 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships**
  • 8 Championship Points
3rd & 4th Place
  • A Pokémon Video Game Regional Championships 3rd or 4th Place medal
  • A $300 travel allowance (including an additional $300 travel allowance for players under 18) to participate in the 2011 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, OR the 2011 Pokémon Video Game Canada National Championships in Toronto, ON.*
  • 6 Championship Points
5th through 36th will all earn championship points based on attendance, but these points do not affect us this year.

Attending

Masters Division
  1. theamericandream38
  2. ZachDro
  3. GunblazeGriffin
  4. Cannonfodder
  5. Sixonesix
  6. evan
  7. Tyler
  8. Shiny Regice
  9. NC
  10. honchkro13
  11. Synre
  12. Alphabet123
  13. Macle
  14. Shadowhand
Senior Division

Deleted User #77065

Banned deucer.
I'll be driving in from Ohio to attend. This will be my first ever VGC :o

Looks like I'll be playing in the Masters division, so...go easy on me >_<

I really hope to meet all of you. The game is fun, sure, but an event like this is really a social occasion.

I'm looking forward to this!

Going :O

Hope to see you Gunblaze :) Stop on by and say hi. I'll most likely be wearing my tryhard shirt if you wana spot me.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
sorry six those byes are mine.

registration times:

Juniors & Seniors: 9:30-10:00am
Masters: 10:30-11:00am

must be line during that half hour to play.

Go ahead and pencil me in to attend for masters. Still not 100% committed. My aunt lives in Ft. Wayne so it's incentive to go.

Edit: Min. 80% Sure I am indeed going... waiting for more confirmation. Worst comes worst I ride up with a junior that I tutored on Friday night since he is doing TCG and VGC.

Edit: Nearly 100% sure I'll be there. Hope to meet all of you that I neglected to talk to at Nats last year.

Well, Greyhound completely screwed up and didn't send me my ticket in the mail, so I can't get to Ft. Wayne on my own. I don't have any other options really so I guess I should ask: is there anyone passing through Chicago/Northwest Indiana that could give me a ride? I can pay for gas, and I can pay to split hotel costs if necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)