1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

VGC '12 Locations - Canadian Nationals Announced (Updated March 4th)

Discussion in 'VGC' started by dtrain, Sep 16, 2011.

1. RODANK

RODANK im a meat collector
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor

to

ron

to

yea
  2. religiousjedi

religiousjedi Destiny likes to use #The in everything.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

I was pissed I missed out when I was invited in 07 here in Cali. The problem now is that I'm older and have responsibilities with college. So...I'm hoping I can juggle it, cuz I really want to be there!
  3. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

WTB another Phoenix Regional. But I might be able to make the Salem, OR Regional if it's confirmed.
  4. chaoguy

chaoguy

It will most likely be in the Orlando/Central Florida area.
  5. No. 1 Machop Fan

No. 1 Machop Fan

Australia had better be included this time!

People! Sign the petition in my sig and maybe we will!
  6. Pokérob

Pokérob

I love Canada, I am jealous they get five and we get one though.
  7. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Hm? We get two regionals and one national. And our population is much more spread out than yours! The distance from me to our National tournament takes 5 hours by plane and close to $600 x.x Unless they change the rules so you can't compete in other National tournaments in Europe (like they did for North America for the upcoming season), I think your situation is a lot more enviable than ours!
  8. Synre

Synre
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Man we get worse at counting on this website every year
  9. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Oh, is it not two Regional tournaments in November, two in April, and a National? Hence five overall? I thought Canada got two Regional tournaments in each month as well.. At least Canada gets something this time though :D
  10. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Nope. There will be 15 Regionals in North America in total. 13 in the US, 2 in Canada. Roughly half will happen in November 2011 with the other half in April 2012. Unlike last year, Canadians will not be able to compete in the US National competition and Americans will not be allowed to compete in the new Canadian National competition.

The regions haven't changed, and most of the locations look to be the same as last year so the two Canadian regionals will likely be in the Metro Vancouver and Metro Toronto areas with the Nationals also being in Toronto.

The changes are somewhat confusing but I think I've got a handle on most of it now. I'll try putting up a FAQ on how the format has changed for North American Regionals and Nationals tonight or tomorrow.
  11. Deitylight

Deitylight

This ought to be interesting, any advice when entering the regionals?
  12. bwburke94

bwburke94

I'll be doing Rhode Island and Philly, likely. Too bad the November ones couldn't be a week later so everyone else would be distracted by Skyward Sword coming out.
  13. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Try not to lose.
  14. soul_survivor

soul_survivor

A nob question here:

Is it confirmed that the State of Rhode Island will be the place for vgc, or is it We know its going to be in RI but we don't know the city.
  15. Pippy

Pippy

I've heard rumors on Skarmbliss that there might be a regional in VA. Any ideas whether this is true or not?
  16. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

It looks like it's confirmed for Rhode Island last I checked. Of course I would've preferred much closer to home in Connecticut but beggars cannot be choosy I suppose.
  17. pkmner

pkmner

Probably gonna be on my Philly shit
  18. TalkingLion

TalkingLion

Hopefully the rumor is true and it will be in VA, if not then in MD in order for me to be able to attend.
  19. doominic77

doominic77

Where is the second location in Canada, Toronto and ???.

If it is in Calgary I will have an instant orgasm.
  20. bearsfan092

bearsfan092

All of these plans are so tentative it's not even funny:

1. I might go to the Ft. Wayne regional, depending on if I can carpool with Chad and Andrea.
    2. I might go to the Philly regional in April. As I live in Pittsburgh, I can take a Megabus to Philly for pretty cheap if I get on the tickets early (about 12 dollars)
    3. If a Seattle regional is posted for May, I have family there I could stay with.
    4. By the time nationals roll around, I'll be home and I'll be able to go just as I did this year.

This move to Pittsburgh is certainly more convenient than living in Chicago.
  21. Human

Human

I should be able to go to Rhode Island and Philly regional. At Philly regional we should be having a special guest once in a lifetime appearance by drcossack, but this hasn't been confirmed yet and there hasn't been an excuse saying otherwise at this point in time. Hopefully it will stay that way, we all want to get pictures and potential interviews with this elusive man.
  22. Alakapimp

Alakapimp All washed up
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

There won't be additional regionals in may.
  23. HolyChipmunk

HolyChipmunk California's finest chodesmuggler

Moving to SoCal was a stupid idea. >:|

What are the chances of a North AND South California regional? Apparently there was one last year.
  24. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

...sigh...the one year I'm actually interested by VGC, the closest area to where I live (Fort Wayne) is approx. 2.5-4.5 hours away...
  25. Cybertron

Cybertron Can't hit WoW
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

RI and Philly as well. Playing TCG too for both Regionals, yahoo! Get excited :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)