VGC '12 Locations - Canadian Nationals Announced (Updated March 4th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that P!P has released information regarding the new system for playing at pokemon events, I found information on pokegym.net the locations for tcg regionals. Seeing as how it will be a 2 day event, these are likely going to be the locations for our VGC regionals. VGC regionals will be held on November 13. The locations are (sorted alphabetically by state or province):

Regionals
November 13th, 2011

• Long Beach, CA (Long Beach Convention Center)
  • Lake Buena Vista, FL (Royal Plaza)
  • Ft Wayne, IN (Allen County War Memorial Coliseum)
  • Crestwood, MO (Yeti Gaming)
  • Salem, OR (Oregon State Fair and Expo Center)
  • Providence, RI (Rhode Island Convention Center)
  • Doswell, VA (The Farm Bureau Center at the Meadow Event Park)

April 15th, 2012

• Surrey, BC (Central City Shopping Centre)
  • Pleasanton, CA (Alameda County Fairgrounds)
  • Colorado Springs, CO (Crowne Plaza Hotel)
  • Athens, GA (Classic Center)
  • Toronto, ON (Venue Undetermined in the Greater Toronto Area)
  • Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania Convention Center)
  • Houston, TX (Houston Hilton North)
  • Madison, WI (Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center)
Nationals

• Birmingham, UK: March 3rd at National Exhibition Center
  • Essen, Germany: March 10th at Messe Esse
  • Paris, France: March 17th at Espace Champerret
  • Madrid, Spain: March 24th at IFEMA
  • Milan, Italy: April 1st at Centro Congressi Milanofiori
  • Indianapolis, USA: June 29th - July 1st, 2012 at Indianapolis Convention Center
  • Toronto, Canada: June 30th - July 1st, 2012 at Hilton Double Tree Hotel

I'm sure by October all the locations will be released for the November regionals and possibly the April regionals also idk

A Travel Award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2011 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, OR the 2011 Pokémon Video Game Canada National Championships in Toronto, ON.*
I just couldn't help but notice this.

My god.

VGC is going to spread to Canada now, I can actually compete.

The Southeastern Regional isn't listed right as I move to Atlanta. Crap! Let's hope it shows up before October ends either where it was or somewhere nearby.

I just couldn't help but notice this.

My god.

VGC is going to spread to Canada now, I can actually compete.
Basically my reaction, though I'm in Vancouver so it wasn't hard for me to get to Seattle. But seriously, this opens up a whole new game for the Smogon Canada chapter. I see a lot of bibarel jokes in the future, however.

On one hand, yay! Canada!, but on the other hand, we have to wait for worlds before we can meet our friends from the south.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Basically my reaction, though I'm in Vancouver so it wasn't hard for me to get to Seattle. But seriously, this opens up a whole new game for the Smogon Canada chapter. I see a lot of bibarel jokes in the future, however.

On one hand, yay! Canada!, but on the other hand, we have to wait for worlds before we can meet our friends from the south.
Too bad it's doubles, or Bibarel might actually be viable now.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Probably there won't be a national in Italy :/ There were about 100 persone at VGC11 on Rome
While this thread is for US Regional tournament locations, I'll still say don't worry just yet about Italy's National tournament not happening. As far as I'm aware there hasn't been a step backwards in VGC yet - TPCi have done very well in expanding. The French National tournament has consistently had the least number of players (except for Italy this year), yet it has always happened since 2009. I wouldn't expect the Italy National to be scrapped.

Edit: US & Canadian* (going to have to get used to saying that!)

Fuck yeah. I'm really hoping that it's going to be Vancouver/Toronto for our regionals.

While this thread is for US Regional tournament locations
Why just US Regionals? Is it really that hard to keep them all in the OP?

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While this is a non-issue discussion, I'm all for including all VGC locations in one thread. But the OP clearly states Regionals which so far only happen in the US and Canada, and considering Europe is going to remain largely unchanged, we won't have any information regarding our National locations until April or May - and they'd likely still occur in June & July. Little point to discussing them or adding them here when they're that far away and well, there's nothing to discuss yet anyway.

Fuck yeah. I'm really hoping that it's going to be Vancouver/Toronto for our regionals.
I think we get two regionals outside of nationals. My bets are Vancouver and Montreal. Outside chance = Calgary>Montreal since Montreal is a 6-7 hour drive from Toronto. Calgary is 12 hours away from Vancouver however. Ottawa is even closer to Toronto, and other than these cities, the next major city that's not in Ontario, BC or Alberta would be Winnipeg, which is only about 2/3 the size of Calgary.

That said, Winnipeg is at least far enough away from Vancouver and Toronto that it would genuinely warrant it. Calgary -> Vancouver is 12-13 hours in good weather, but if it were in November that's a 15-16 hour drive depending on road conditions, whereas Winnipeg is a full 24 hours to Toronto.

Looks like Winnipegers are gonna have to wait for TPCi to come knocking on their door.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Was that supposed to be Denver in April of 2012?

If so, that's exciting news.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
st louis is also confirmed for november, and Houston for april
Could you possibly link to the source? The regional championships were in Chesterfield or Crestwood last year if I recall correctly. They may have moved, or "St. Louis" could just be a generalization for either location. Either way, that's only like 30 mins tops from my house.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was told by the North Texas PTO who has been talking to the PTO for that area because it is the closest event to north texas, and she is going to staff. She announced it to us a battle roads. Not sure on exactly where, she just said St Louis.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Yeah, St. Louis, Chesterfield, and Crestwood are like right in the same area. I was just curious if it had moved at all. Thanks so much for confirming this!

just when i Moved to ohio from houston.....

X_X

There aren't any locations near me yet that I can see, though I might actually be able to make the canade ones if its close enough conisdering im way in the northern part of ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)