VGC '12 Locations - Canadian Nationals Announced (Updated March 4th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
YES. So.cal. I regret not going to the VGCs in 2007 when they were in so.cal. Not missing this.
I was pissed I missed out when I was invited in 07 here in Cali. The problem now is that I'm older and have responsibilities with college. So...I'm hoping I can juggle it, cuz I really want to be there!

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
WTB another Phoenix Regional. But I might be able to make the Salem, OR Regional if it's confirmed.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I love Canada, I am jealous they get five and we get one though.
Hm? We get two regionals and one national. And our population is much more spread out than yours! The distance from me to our National tournament takes 5 hours by plane and close to $600 x.x Unless they change the rules so you can't compete in other National tournaments in Europe (like they did for North America for the upcoming season), I think your situation is a lot more enviable than ours!

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh, is it not two Regional tournaments in November, two in April, and a National? Hence five overall? I thought Canada got two Regional tournaments in each month as well.. At least Canada gets something this time though :D

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nope. There will be 15 Regionals in North America in total. 13 in the US, 2 in Canada. Roughly half will happen in November 2011 with the other half in April 2012. Unlike last year, Canadians will not be able to compete in the US National competition and Americans will not be allowed to compete in the new Canadian National competition.

The regions haven't changed, and most of the locations look to be the same as last year so the two Canadian regionals will likely be in the Metro Vancouver and Metro Toronto areas with the Nationals also being in Toronto.

The changes are somewhat confusing but I think I've got a handle on most of it now. I'll try putting up a FAQ on how the format has changed for North American Regionals and Nationals tonight or tomorrow.

I'll be doing Rhode Island and Philly, likely. Too bad the November ones couldn't be a week later so everyone else would be distracted by Skyward Sword coming out.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
A nob question here:

Is it confirmed that the State of Rhode Island will be the place for vgc, or is it We know its going to be in RI but we don't know the city.

I've heard rumors on Skarmbliss that there might be a regional in VA. Any ideas whether this is true or not?

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It looks like it's confirmed for Rhode Island last I checked. Of course I would've preferred much closer to home in Connecticut but beggars cannot be choosy I suppose.

All of these plans are so tentative it's not even funny:

1. I might go to the Ft. Wayne regional, depending on if I can carpool with Chad and Andrea.
2. I might go to the Philly regional in April. As I live in Pittsburgh, I can take a Megabus to Philly for pretty cheap if I get on the tickets early (about 12 dollars)
3. If a Seattle regional is posted for May, I have family there I could stay with.
4. By the time nationals roll around, I'll be home and I'll be able to go just as I did this year.

This move to Pittsburgh is certainly more convenient than living in Chicago.

I should be able to go to Rhode Island and Philly regional. At Philly regional we should be having a special guest once in a lifetime appearance by drcossack, but this hasn't been confirmed yet and there hasn't been an excuse saying otherwise at this point in time. Hopefully it will stay that way, we all want to get pictures and potential interviews with this elusive man.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
All of these plans are so tentative it's not even funny:

1. I might go to the Ft. Wayne regional, depending on if I can carpool with Chad and Andrea.
2. I might go to the Philly regional in April. As I live in Pittsburgh, I can take a Megabus to Philly for pretty cheap if I get on the tickets early (about 12 dollars)
3. If a Seattle regional is posted for May, I have family there I could stay with.
4. By the time nationals roll around, I'll be home and I'll be able to go just as I did this year.

This move to Pittsburgh is certainly more convenient than living in Chicago.
There won't be additional regionals in may.

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
Moving to SoCal was a stupid idea. >:|

What are the chances of a North AND South California regional? Apparently there was one last year.

...sigh...the one year I'm actually interested by VGC, the closest area to where I live (Fort Wayne) is approx. 2.5-4.5 hours away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)