VGC '12 Midwest Regional - Madison, WI - Won by ZachDro & WaterPokemonTrainer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center [ Map ]
One John Nolen Drive
Madison, WI 53703​

Masters Registration: 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM.
Junior & Senior Registration: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM.

Welcome to the MAD TOWN regional thread. Come join me in a journey to become POKEMON MASTERS. Also its near my birthday so bring me a present?? Hope to see ya guys there.

Format
The tournament will be in the swiss format likely with no top cut. Players will be paired up against each other and every round they will play someone else with a similar record to them. After a set amount of rounds, the players with the best scores (with tie-breakers determined by the win percentage of their opponents) will receive their prizes. This means everyone will get to play every round and nobody is eliminated in the tournament!

Accomodations
The Pokemon Tournament Organizer for this event has been able to get discounted rates at two hotels in the area.
Madison Monona Terrace Hilton
9 East Wilson Street
Madison, WI 53703

This hotel is connected to the venue. You can get rooms at $139 a night instead of $179 a night if you ask for the "POkemon Regional Competition Room Block."

Sheraton Madison Hotel
706 John Nolen Drive
Madison, WI. 53713

This hotel is about a mile and a half away from the venue but is a bit cheaper. It also has a shuttle service that goes between the convention center and hotel at various times throughout the day. You can get rooms at $89 instead of $129 a night if you ask for the "Pokemon Regional Competition Room Block."​
Attending
Masters
  1. macle
  2. theamericandream38
  3. Sixonesix
  4. evan
  5. Oberon
  6. toshimelonhead
  7. jhud
  8. Shiny Regice
  9. Dr Fidget
  10. coolcool9990
  11. ZachDro
  12. Broken Lizard
  13. wombat
  14. cim
  15. eee
  16. TheShinyUmbreon
  17. gamings
Seniors

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'll probably be at this event.

In to finally defeat 616.

Almost 9 hour drive means that i cant make this and philly is about the same distance. I just hate the fact that I can't go to solely beat Evan >.> you better be at nats...

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
no!

tragedy upon tragedies how will i defeat you now??

i guess i'll just have to wait until indy. i will defeat you and defeat all other challengers as well!

Fyi I plan on conceding any matches I play against smogonites (and trying to win against randoms, so my opponents tiebreakers are better), as Cybertron informed me that my rating/championship points from this season do not have any effect at all.

I'll be there! only 45 minutes away from me >:D

Masters, I think? what is the qualifications for this? I think its age right?

Yeah, players born in 1996 or earlier are in the Masters division, players born in 1997, 1998, 1999 or 2000 are in the Senior division, and players born in 2001 or later are in the Junior division.

If you want to carpool down with me and Macle we'll be heading in from the Milwaukee area. And yeah it's age, three divisions, what TAD said. Anyone can join but it's segregated by age.

ALSO ANYONE INTERESTED IN GOING UP TO THE DELLS ON SATURDAY MESSAGE ME! Me, Jhud, and a couple other people are getting a group together to go up there. I want to book by the 15th of March, so get on it :P

Fyi I plan on conceding any matches I play against smogonites (and trying to win against randoms, so my opponents tiebreakers are better), as Cybertron informed me that my rating/championship points from this season do not have any effect at all.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to play you this time then =P Idk if you remember me but I was sitting next to you on the second to last round IIRC.

Some things complicate my ability to come to this event. I'm weighing my options right now.
EDIT: Sucks. I've got a conference that day that I can't miss. The latest flight to Madison would require that I fly out at 4:30 EST, which means I'd need to leave a bit earlier to actually get to the airport. Overall, it's just an impossible situation. I'll see some of you guys in Indianapolis.

If you want to carpool down with me and Macle we'll be heading in from the Milwaukee area. And yeah it's age, three divisions, what TAD said. Anyone can join but it's segregated by age.

ALSO ANYONE INTERESTED IN GOING UP TO THE DELLS ON SATURDAY MESSAGE ME! Me, Jhud, and a couple other people are getting a group together to go up there. I want to book by the 15th of March, so get on it :P
If rides are supported, I will go! What dates do you plan on going up there? I'm in Madison so I can totally do this given the right weekend and my schedule.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wait when are you going to the dells o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)