VGC '12 Northeast Regional - Philadelphia, PA - Won by JiveTime & KeepBayleefing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seniors:
1st: cybertron/iss/SP67
2nd: cybertron/iss/SP67/LudiImpact
3rd: cybertron/iss/SP67/LudiImpact
4th: PungentFruit/LudiImpact

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Winning predictions here!

Masters
1. drcossack
2. drcossack
3. drcossack
4. MSankey

Seniors
1. Don't care
2. Don't care
3. Don't care
4. Don't care

Juniors
1. Ditto
2. Babbytron
3. drcossack
4. MSankey

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ludiimpact the most modest smogon user imo

so given the times for masters, it looks like it'll be a pretty late lunch lol

any places nearby that are good? i know in RI the convention center was attached to a mall, but i'm not sure if that's the same case here in PA.

any places nearby that are good? i know in RI the convention center was attached to a mall, but i'm not sure if that's the same case here in PA.
Convention Center is connected to the Reading Terminal Market, with tons of variety of stuff to eat there. It also is attached to a mall with a generic food court.

I think a Five Guys is located in/near the convention center too.

Btw are the seniors still doing that meet-up in the Terminal Market on Saturday?

Yea 5 Guys where the shit's at. I see we have begin making predictions, yes?

Drifblim
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

I am psychic! naw, I doubt i will get first again but T4 certainly isn't impossible

Did some Google Streetview pre-walking plans and now I know exactly where I should enter from.

Hmm, I wonder if everyone from Smogon should wear like a nametag or something, it'll be hard recognizing all of these faces around let alone I'm terrible with memorizing faces :'(

And I see we're doing some predictions here, so for my Top 4 expectations:

Masters
1. Birch
2. Jellicent
3. drcossack
4. eh someone
I don't see myself winning to be honest. However getting in at least the top 32 would be nice.

Seniors
1. Cybertron
2. iss
3. Drifblim
4. PungentFruit

Hmm, I wonder if everyone from Smogon should wear like a nametag or something, it'll be hard recognizing all of these faces around let alone I'm terrible with memorizing faces :'(

And I see we're doing some predictions here, so for my Top 4 expectations:

Seniors
1. Cybertron
2. iss
3. Drifblim
4. PungentFruit
Yay in a prediction. :3 the rest of you hate meeeee. I will have my somewhat-signature Drifloon hat on, if you could spot it at RI it won't be any harder now. If you haven't seen it before, it isn't hard I am pretty dang tall and wearing a Drifloon hat. And GARCHOMPZILLA is not my brother nor me!!!!!!1!!

Cool, I guess I'll look for a Drifloon hat then :P

Think I'm gonna be walking around with a Pokemon Rumble Blast gym bag I got at a Nintendo event with maybe a Poke plush sticking outside of it, look for that. Although I have to figure out what shirt I'll be wearing for this...

[QUOTE And GARCHOMPZILLA is not my brother nor me!!!!!!1!![/QUOTE]

O_O

honestly I hope I make top 4, still need to fix some stuff on my team.

[QUOTE And GARCHOMPZILLA is not my brother nor me!!!!!!1!!
O_O

honestly I hope I make top 4, still need to fix some stuff on my team.[/QUOTE]

Man, you don't know how many people have asked if we are related, or gotten us mixed up. And that is not how to "quote" something, I actually don't know how you would mess that up.... I'll be sure to look for a Rumble bag, KoWL, but don't put something boring like a starter in it. Something fun, like a Litwick!

Masters: Wolfey and then Wolfe Pack
Seniors: Underdog SP67, then iss cybertron pungentfruit for the rest
Juniors: Babbytron and then other juniors

ludiimpact the most modest smogon user imo

Solace: The Most Modest User on Smogon
Thanks, I feel respected cause I haven't been in a SINGLE prediction. I can prove you guys wrong and make a name in VGC. Umm, turns out there is a 30% chance I can't come :( Turns out since I live in NJ and 1 and a Half hours away, it will take some thinking by my parents. I should be able to come. ( Why can't it be in Newark!!??!!)

Stop with the useless predictions.

That being said, my predictions are as follows:

Masters - MAH BOI BIRCH!
Seniors - iss to win
Juniors - Babbytron

***Much needed edit
Solace: The Most Modest User on Smogon
Thanks, I feel respected cause I haven't been in a SINGLE prediction. I can prove you guys wrong and make a name in VGC. Umm, turns out there is a 30% chance I can't come :( Turns out since I live in NJ and 1 and a Half hours away, it will take some thinking by my parents. I should be able to come. ( Why can't it be in Newark!!??!!)
First off, that comeback was absolutely terrible, and probably close to the truth. Solace is a very respected battler. Secondly, no one has put you in a prediction because this is your first year and no one knows your skill level. No one expects you to win it based on the competition level. Don't be so sure you will T4. Be thankful you get to battle with some of the greatest in the Senior division. And finally, an hour and a half drive is nothing. Stop complaining. I drove six hours to Dallas last year and JRank drove a solid 8 or 9 hours.

***Much needed edit

First off, that comeback was absolutely terrible, and probably close to the truth. Solace is a very respected battler. Secondly, no one has put you in a prediction because this is your first year and no one knows your skill level. No one expects you to win it based on the competition level. Don't be so sure you will T4. Be thankful you get to battle with some of the greatest in the Senior division. And finally, an hour and a half drive is nothing. Stop complaining. I drove six hours to Dallas last year and JRank drove a solid 8 or 9 hours.
I'm very sorry for everything I said. Please forgive me. I just am too excited and a bit sad cause my parents are very busy and might not be able to take me and get back to work. They haven't drove me hours for Pokemon and I respect your parents for following your hobby. I'm used to going to Newark for two years now and play for fun without EV training. I don't think I will win either, but I want to do good. I wasn't trying for a comeback, I honestly admire Solace's battling skills. Sorry for everything I said and hope you guys accept my apology.

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
Seniors:
1. Sp67/Cybertron
2. iss/Sp67/Cybertron
3. Random
4. Random

I put Cybertron as a second choice to SP67 primarily because I know SP has been preparing for a while now. However, they're both great players!
I'm fairly sure iss will top, as long as he has a team he's comfortable with. However, I don't think all three will top. Randoms are fairly prominent in standings usually, and we find out who they are really later. I'm looking forward to hearing about the event!

And finally, an hour and a half drive is nothing. Stop complaining. I drove six hours to Dallas last year and JRank drove a solid 8 or 9 hours.
On a more serious note.
Seriously guys, I believe I said this in the southeast topic somewhere, but I've had to ask my mom to drive ten hours to Indianapolis before. If we got to drive an hour and a half to anywhere, I would be jumping up and down hi-fiving the wall in my ecstatic stupor. Although, Lucien, you were a bit harsh, and I don't think the insults from any user were required at any point. It's important that we respect each other, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)