VGC '12 Northeast Regional - Philadelphia, PA - Won by JiveTime & KeepBayleefing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so we can see it here. Biff lost against JiveTime.

Top 8 Standings:

(1) Jivetime vs. (4) Biffster
(2) Wolfey vs. (3) Civ (Marc Cruz)
(3) Human vs. (2) Garret Elis
(4) Ben7000 vs. (1) Chilebowl

Total domination from one side of the bracket. Top 4 updates soon.

Top 4 Match Ups:

(3) Human vs. (1) JiveTime
(4) Ben7000 vs. (2) Wolfey

Finals:

(1) JiveTime vs. (2) Wolfey

The two undefeated players meet in the finals. They're both 9-0 up to now.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Guys. In amongst all the weekends sporting activity, with losses in a number of sports including horse racing and soccer, I'd like to report that VGC has lost DrCossack this weekend announcing his permanent retirement. A sad loss for all involved in this game.

Placed 10th in seniors with a final record of 6-2 losing to Pungent and Cybertron. How lucky am I? Not having top cut killed off a lot of people, including me. Good games to anyone I played, and I'm glad to say that this regionals I didn't lose out to hax. Good luck to the masters who are still in in it!

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
NEWSFLASH! We lost our main man in the field for this one, so anyone who can tweet the result of the final @SmogonU will be a bit of a hero. Thanks!

Alright, i'm new here and this wasn't my first tournament, but it's the only one with a story worth sharing. After making finals in 2011 in Newark seniors, I actually put some effort in to training and worked on IV breeding and EV training. I made it through the first three rounds 3-0, taking down two people who didn't really know what they were doing and then someone with a common drizzle team who was a little harder to take down (Matt). When the third round came, I was up against someone with a fully shiny drizzle team consisting of ludicolo/politoed/toxicroak/someone else. I didn't care about the shininess part, partly due to the fact that my second round opponent admitted to him hacking his shinies (despite me 4-0 ing him). So this guy is able to take me down after I realized his pokemon had obviously had some good strategy behind them. I still think I might have a chance at the top four, so the next match begins. And guess what, i'm up against the same exact team, same leads, and all of his pokemon are also shiny. So I tell him that his team looked extremely familiar, and he says that it's because Cybertron gave out the same team to different people. I'm able to do a little more damage to this guy before the takes me out, and I leave because i'm pissed that everyone was able to get into this tournament with a cloned drizzle team. I'm posting this because I need some clarification about what exactly happened: were the pokes used cloned and how many people were given a team to beat others?

Congrats to Jivetime for winning, last couple of matches looked like GG.

Yeeeeah just got home for being there for 12 hours. I started out fine, but... major major hacking incident happened fifth round. It was really disheartening and kinda ruined my day. I really should've asked for RNG'd perfect Pokes from others instead of using hand-bred ones.

Overall it was really fun, I got to meet Drifblim, Cybertron, Sapphire Birch, and a bunch of others, but I really should've gotten better than 3-4, I'm really discouraged by that. Ah well next year.

Warstory with everything will be come soon.

Muh i kinda don't want to write up a warstory of this, but it was pretty fun! Gratz to Jivetime, I feel sorry for the Masters who had to stay so long. Played the Senior winner in Finals, we were the 2 undefeateds up 'til then. ManuFan on PO, he had placed 5th a RI. he played well, certainly deserved to win. Already having a free plane ride to Indy meinself, I would have gotten the same award regardless of my victory/loss. I saw Babbytron and his father in Dunkin Donuts, but was in somewhat of a hurry to get to a train so didn't introduce self. Main issue might be NO SMOGONEER LUNCH MEETUP BECAUSE SENIORS TOOK FOREVER TO START moar muuuuuh

Smogon people are shorter in person...

I had a great time, managed to get 4-3 overall and met a ton of cool people (Jio, thewolf, Nightwing, Biffster, etc.). Also, congrats Jivetime!

Been home for a bit. Ended up going 5-2 (28th Green Flight). Not too bad for my first time.

I started out 3-0 against some crappy people and was up to table 6. I ended up playing someone who I'm pretty sure had Brightpowder Garchomp in the sand. I missed two moves that might have made the difference. Neglecting to bring Metagross also hurt me. Round 5, I was completely outplayed by someone with double Prankster (Sableye/Murkrow). I rallied to win my last two matches and finish 5-2. My 4th win (against one of those people from Penn State) was particularly impressive. It was the battle video I saved and will upload and some point.

I saw a bunch of Smogonites, but didn't really say anything to them. What can I say, I'm shy.

All in all, it was a good, albeit it long, day. I'll definitely be back next year. I don't think I battled anyone from the boards, but I'm not 100% certain. If anyone wants to know my team to see if I played them, I'll add it when I upload the video (15-61213-64118).

Congrats JiveTime!

For Bloody Roses

Pink Flight
Mosquito - 17th (5-2)
LuckyLiam - 26th (5-2)

Green Flight
Codios - 26th? (5-2)
Infinity.Cypher - 39th (4-3)
RevenantPenae(sp?) - 44th (4-3)
My friend Stephen - 6xth (4-3)

I did pretty bad and was pretty unlucky today D:
In two friendly battles before the Tour, I lost twice due to Double Parahax in a row, then in Round 1, I missed Swagger twice in a row (but lost because I was couterteamed). However, in Round 5, when I was 3-1, I raged because of the following:
Turn 1 - Double Blizzard Hit (49%)
Turn 2 - Blizzard Hit (1 of my pokemon protected) + Freeze (70% * 10%)
Turn 3 - Double Blizzard Hit (49%)
Turn 4 - Blizzard Hit (1 of my pokemon protected) (70%)
Turn 5 - Blizzard Hit (70%) (Blizzard finally missed)
Turn 6 - Rock Slide Miss (10%)
Turn 7 - Outrage Critical Hit (6.25%)
~0.00515% Combined total of hax

Also, I forgot my Chople Berry on my Snorlax! (Which caused me to lose Round 6).
For my Revenant, he appearantly got crit 6 timed in a row
Today wasn't our day. I'm going to take a break from VGC.

Hockeyguy605, the guy with garchomp, did his name happen to be josh conrad? I remember he told me his garchomp was trolling some people big time.

Just so we can see it here. Biff lost against JiveTime.

Top 8 Standings:

(1) Jivetime vs. (4) Biffster
(2) Wolfey vs. (3) Civ (Marc Cruz)
(3) Human vs. (2) Garret Elis
(4) Ben7000 vs. (1) Chilebowl

Total domination from one side of the bracket. Top 4 updates soon.

Top 4 Match Ups:

(3) Human vs. (1) JiveTime
(4) Ben7000 vs. (2) Wolfey

Finals:

(1) JiveTime vs. (2) Wolfey

The two undefeated players meet in the finals. They're both 9-0 up to now.
Mark* Cruz :P..

Definitely the worst regional I've been to. Not because of my placing, I can understand that. However, the staff was terrible, timing wise... Don't even get me started. We couldn't spectate top cut even though we wouldn't be facing them again in the tournament. There were definitely more people than they expected but it's the northst regionals ffs, it has been proven time and time again that it's always the most populated regional. It was just all in all one of my more worse vgc experience.

That's my little rant. I could keep going on about everything they did wrong, but that won't solve anything.

Wow day has been such a long day!

Luckily I did pretty well, I finished my flight 7-0 after a few tough matches from a few smogoners but Ben7000 was just too good during top cut. Nevertheless top 8 is still pretty good though and it was great to see everyone there today. I'll post all the pictures and my warstory when I get a chance later this week.

Long day that was, definitely a great one though. 'Gratz to JiveTime on pulling the Masters win. Met some Smogoners there, you guys were are cool people, hope to see you guys appear at Nats. Joint warstory or something with soul_survivor up sometime in the near future.

you probably saw me, i was the kid walking around with the blue slowpoke necklace​

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Just got back from vgc finishing 6-1....placed 9th due to tiebreakers(just like last season), and all because of a rockslide flinch. Meh but its pokemon so I should expect that to happen. I reckon I could've gave Chilebowl a battle and could've made top8 with a win or loss vs him. Well guess I got nats next.

Well Congrats to JiveTime and all those who competed!

Awesome VGC guys! The competition on the left side was deep. Ended up 5-2 with losses to Human and Ben. Made 13th overall. Had an epic win because of a heat wave miss (it was one on one Abomasnow vs. Ballooned Heatran). Nice talking to and playing with everybody!

I only joined Smogon recently, and this is my first time posting on here. I was at the Philly tournament this year and ended up placing 33rd in the Green flight with a 5-2 record overall. One of my opponents was a no-show, so it really tanked my resistance and left me as the last ranked 5-2 team in the flight. My two losses both came to Hail/Trick Room teams, which completely crushed my Rain Team. I had a lot of fun, so I want to thank any of you that I may have faced during the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)