VGC '12 Southeast Regional - Athens, GA - Won by Crow350!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great time battling, ranked 51 (I think) with a 5-3 record. I think that's pretty good for a first try at VGC. I was the guy in the grey hat and blue 151 Pokémon shirt. I managed to battle Everstone at the final round; he won but it was a good battle. I'm not sure who else I may have battled from here, Everstone was the only one who directly said his Smogon name. Overall good time I hope I can go again next year or whenever the next will be held.

Great day! And congrats again to Crow and to everyone else who did well. I ended up placing 31st with a 5-3 record.

After reading some of these posts, I actually encountered more Smogon members than I originally thought. The atmosphere was definitely better than it was in Orlando for sure, and everyone I battled/met seemed pretty damn cool.

There was one guy that used a FEAR Aron set pretty well, but I managed to beat him by clockout.
Lolz.. that was me (and thanks for the compliment), but I'm pretty sure you would have won regardless of timeout. Maybe I'll see you again at nats.

Great day! And congrats again to Crow and to everyone else who did well. I ended up placing 31st with a 5-3 record.

After reading some of these posts, I actually encountered more Smogon members than I originally thought. The atmosphere was definitely better than it was in Orlando for sure, and everyone I battled/met seemed pretty damn cool.

There was one guy that used a FEAR Aron set pretty well, but I managed to beat him by clockout.
Lolz.. that was me (and thanks for the compliment), but I'm pretty sure you would have won regardless of timeout. Maybe I'll see you again at nats.
I remember you, that was a pretty cool FEAR Aron. Too bad my Gengar screwed him up at the end, so I didn't quite get to see what it was running. I forgot to ask, how many people got stuck on it?

I remember you, that was a pretty cool FEAR Aron. Too bad my Gengar screwed him up at the end, so I didn't quite get to see what it was running. I forgot to ask, how many people got stuck on it?
Ya, it worked pretty well overall and received many curses. Gengar makes me sadpanda. Good game, BTW.

I'm working on a warstory and I'll post it within the next few days with team details and such.

Yes I think I remember you. I believe your friend had a prinny shirt on (doods of war)? His necklace was distracting compared to the shirt and I didn't realize it even had a prinny until much later. Forgot to ask you guys for a pic, oh well. FYI hat's here.

Overall, this was a MUCH better VGC than Orlando since the atmosphere was livelier. I really wish more users had presented themselves but hanging out with you four was enough.

Considering I had fought 0 people between this VGC and Orlando's VGC and picked all members the night before I'd say I can't be too upset. Losses were to the winner and the guy who finished fourth, the latter which I could have won at the end if I hadn't misplayed. I'll probably post a story whenever time permits and if I can remember what Pokemon my opponents used.
I think i did a pretty good job being my first time, got 3-5. i couldve gotten a 4-4 but i ran out of time choosing pokemon in one round and ended up with my lv15 in the battle, i still almost beat him.
Heres the battle i posted on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpxP...DvjVQa1PpcFMZn1AYZcpFvF1l9FEJ8mTOJwdUTWke9SQ=

also for those who dont remember me, im the one with the distracting necklace. i do other works to http://firedmetor.deviantart.com/gallery/

I think i did a pretty good job being my first time, got 3-5. i couldve gotten a 4-4 but i ran out of time choosing pokemon in one round and ended up with my lv15 in the battle, i still almost beat him.
Heres the battle i posted on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpxP...DvjVQa1PpcFMZn1AYZcpFvF1l9FEJ8mTOJwdUTWke9SQ=

also for those who dont remember me, im the one with the distracting necklace. i do other works to http://firedmetor.deviantart.com/gallery/
That was the most amazing necklace I had ever seen.

Also, apparently with some wacky research Xfr of Pokecheck has been doing, he was able to discover I beat my own Excadrill in the 5th round against a member of the FSPL (To view it yourself, 44-30009-29096). Small world!

I was over on the losing side of the room, but I had fun! :D

This is only the second VG tournament I've ever been in. I love having the chance to hang around other people who speak my language, and I thoroughly enjoyed the Swiss format which allowed me to play each round and meet other trainers. Everyone was so friendly and nice! Having spent my early playing days at a highly competitive, not-so-friendly League (the one I attend now is much better) I'm not used to it.

I was the one drawing art cards for all my opponents and anybody else who asked. I am still super-jealous of the fellow with the nifty perler-bead Squirtle and I promise that next time I show up, I'll have something made out of perler-beads pinned to my bag... likely going to be Pulseman if I can get that script turned into drawn pages by then. Also wanna design a shirt to represent our local League chapter/s (Warner Robins and Macon, GA). So many people with neat shirts!! I loved the Miami Heatran ones!

EDIT: Also, sorry that I couldn't meet up with anybody at the Varsity or other restaurants, once it was over we had to head straight back home, a 3-hour drive at the most.

I was over on the losing side of the room, but I had fun! :D

This is only the second VG tournament I've ever been in. I love having the chance to hang around other people who speak my language, and I thoroughly enjoyed the Swiss format which allowed me to play each round and meet other trainers. Everyone was so friendly and nice! Having spent my early playing days at a highly competitive, not-so-friendly League (the one I attend now is much better) I'm not used to it.

I was the one drawing art cards for all my opponents and anybody else who asked. I am still super-jealous of the fellow with the nifty perler-bead Squirtle and I promise that next time I show up, I'll have something made out of perler-beads pinned to my bag... likely going to be Pulseman if I can get that script turned into drawn pages by then. Also wanna design a shirt to represent our local League chapter/s (Warner Robins and Macon, GA). So many people with neat shirts!! I loved the Miami Heatran ones!

EDIT: Also, sorry that I couldn't meet up with anybody at the Varsity or other restaurants, once it was over we had to head straight back home, a 3-hour drive at the most.
You wouldn't also happen to be the fellow who was drawing on the blue sheets of papers with the numbers, were you? If so, I saw a few of your doodles laying around an I was quite impressed!

You wouldn't also happen to be the fellow who was drawing on the blue sheets of papers with the numbers, were you? If so, I saw a few of your doodles laying around an I was quite impressed!
I wasn't the one who covered that one table marker page with drawings (I only remember the Charizard), I'd like to find out who that was though, they got my favorites down on it XD They inspired me to doodle on the pages though; on the first one (24?) I drew a Snivy saying "Good Luck!", but on all subsequent ones I only had time to draw a caption bubble next to the Resh/Zek saying "Good Luck!" or "TRUTH!" or "Follow your dreams!" and on the second to last Zek one I had "Thanks for the great weekend!" but I did try to get something down on each one.

Most of my time at the table was spent drawing the art card for my opponent, I would ask them what their favorite pokemon was and then attempt to draw it from memory. A number of times I left out a detail somewhere (realizing when I got home and started looking around online to see if anyone posted theirs, and seeing coming across other people's fanart of the same pokemon), one time I caught myself at the last moment and remembered that Wigglytuff had a little curly thing on its head, and had to draw it over the outline (I'm a perfectionist so I kinda cringed when I did that). There were a couple that I drew at the power station tables and had to look up references on my laptop for (Electivire, Lucario).

There was one table marker where someone had drawn a top hat and a cane on Zekrom and had him saying "I don't even care." I lol'd at that. XD

I finished 6-2 in 11th place. Had the "Who's that prophet?!" shirt if anyone saw me.

Hey, my name is Ryan and I had a great time playing against you guys today in Masters. I was wearing the brown Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows shirt and ended up 6-2 in 23rd place. I told myself last year I was gonna quit playing VGC because it wasn't fun for me anymore, but the new Swiss format made it worth the trip.
Glad you didn't quite buddy!

And BlackRoija I saw you, I think your GF was my last battle.

I came in 16th place at 6-2. My 2 losses came to people who were in the top 4 (John and Jeadu). I was using a rain team, which wasn't what I wanted to use... I just couldn't get my new team finished in time.

Fun day though! I had some great games and met some awesome people. Too bad I didn't get a chance to talk to more of the Smogonites.

Post #1000! I was hoping it would be a top 4 tourney report, but maybe next time :p.

Jeadu was the last person I battled and lost to at the end, I thought he was running a timid latios like mine was on the field but he was running modest :( I had him

oh well :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)