VGC '12 Southern Plains Regional - Houston, TX - Won by Alaka & LPFan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im bring some fellow Baylor people with me. Unfortunately I couldnt talk RG3 into coming. I guess pokemon isnt his forte.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you wanted to stay at the event hotel, please book ASAP as they are quickly running out of space.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Registration Times are now available!
Juniors & Seniors Registration: 8:00 AM
Masters Registration: 12:00 PM

Side Events
VG Tournament
- FREE / Top 2 win a prize

• Single Battle style, with up to 6 Pokemon each. (One per player out at a time)
  • Black & White DS games only / Connect with their opponents via the C-gear
  • Double elimination (lose twice, you're out) / 15 minute Rounds.
  • The same Pokémon and Item restrictions as the video game championships apply.
  • Players must use the same Pokémon throughout the tournament. No changes can be made to the team.
  • Up to 6 Pokémon should be placed either in the party or in the battle box prior to round one
Also tons of opportunites for prizes not related to playing!
Saturday & Sunday - All players (TCG and VGC) will receive a ticket for the PokeRaffles. Prizes include Pokemon items and gift certificates.

Saturday & Sunday - Pokemon Spirit - Show your Pokemon spirit and wear your Pokemon shirt to get an extra raffle ticket. This is for shirts ONLY. Undershirts, Hats, pants, socks, underwear, etc do not count.

Saturday -- Custom Pokemon T-Shirt contest - Take a plain t-shirt and turn it into something spectacular. Must be Pokemon or Pokemon related, of course. Yes, custom shirts will count for the Pokemon Spirit. Winner gets a prize!

Saturday -- Create-A-Card Contest - Get creative and design your own Pokemon card. Must be FUNNY! Funny attacks, Powers, Bodies, Abilities, etc. We want funny cards. Winners get prizes!

Sunday -- Drawing Contest -- Get creative and draw your own version of a Pokemon. Winners get prizes!

Saturday & Sunday - Coloring Corner -- not just for the kids, but just for fun!

Saturday - Bring-A-Friend - Introduce Pokemon TCG to a new player! Bring a new player (never been issued a player id) to play in the tournament. You and your friend will each receive a Pokemon poster.

Saturday - Giant PokeBall - We have three GIANT PokeBalls (one for each division). Guess what Pokemon is in them. Winner gets a prize!

Saturday - PokeBall Grab - For Juniors and Seniors only. After Swiss rounds, Juniors and Seniors will get to pick a PokeBall from our PokeBall Grab. Whatever is in the PokeBall is theirs to keep! Everyone's a winner! There's a prize in every PokeBall!

Saturday & Sunday - Pokemon Cosplay - Masters only - Dress up as your favorite Pokemon. Winner gets two tickets to the 2013 Anime Matsuri in the Houston Area.

Registration Times are now available!
Juniors & Seniors Registration: 8:00 AM
Masters Registration: 12:00 PM

Side Events
VG Tournament
- FREE / Top 2 win a prize

• Single Battle style, with up to 6 Pokemon each. (One per player out at a time)
  • Black & White DS games only / Connect with their opponents via the C-gear
  • Double elimination (lose twice, you're out) / 15 minute Rounds.
  • The same Pokémon and Item restrictions as the video game championships apply.
  • Players must use the same Pokémon throughout the tournament. No changes can be made to the team.
  • Up to 6 Pokémon should be placed either in the party or in the battle box prior to round one
Also tons of opportunites for prizes not related to playing!
I can use different pokemon then the VGC right?

Also, is this saturday or sunday?

Rooting for ryuzaki and calm lava!

And my boy lucien to defend his title!

Edit: pokemaster I think he's asking if the side event is Saturday or Sunday.

This will be my first VGC that I will be attending pretty excited.
I will be in the masters division
Looking forward to it (:

Looking forward to seeing everyone, be sure and come up and introduce yourself. Don't forget about the Friday night side events which are free.

See ya next week.

So pumped for this. One week to go! Hoping that Alaka and Ryuzaki get top 4 and get to represent Texas well at Nationals!

I'll be there bright and early Saturday morning. One of my friends making the trip with me is playing TCG so the rest of our group will be there hanging out all day Saturday. Looking forward to meeting some new people this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)