VGC '12 Southern Plains Regional - Houston, TX - Won by Alaka & LPFan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
Got third place, 7-1 losing only to Alaka. A very good fight indeed, sir! I also had the pleasure of battling Werecario, who had an excellent team as well.

Senior brother was twelfth place.

Junior was 2nd.

I'd like to thank Shii, Cassie, Zari, and TheMantyke for helping me out with my team--wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys!
Awesome!

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Alaka where was this undefeated record SPL season?!?!?!

congrats buddy!

hahaha Alaka, I was no match for you. I made some really stupid plays but you predicted me well. GG! I ended up getting 7th place. If I had just hit a hydro pump, I would have gotten second, but oh well. This was my first year in masters and I feel like i did really well!

hahaha Alaka, I was no match for you. I made some really stupid plays but you predicted me well. GG! I ended up getting 7th place. If I had just hit a hydro pump, I would have gotten second, but oh well. This was my first year in masters and I feel like i did really well!
Hey I felt bad so I did the calcs when I got home. Your rotom would have only done 26 hp max to my ferrothorn. You would have needed to hit both hydro pumps to win it. Also would have needed a good roll on both cuz I was at 47 hp after your bug bite crit. So hax aside it didnt matter. It was a great game regardless though. I had a lot of fun!

For the first time I can be truly proud of my placing! 11th place in Masters (Last three times I never even got to place!) =D My team did so much better than I ever predicted. Who said Swellow can't be BAMF?
The crowd was good this time, and it was not only fun to finally battle people but to meet new people too. The two losses were heart breaks in a small way, but awesome battles nonetheless. Gratz to all who placed over me and I hope to see more than a handfull of you peeps in Indiana. ;P

Your team was awesome! It completely threw me for a loop. I had no idea what I as doing against your team honestly lol. It was a great match!

Finally got home around 5 this morning. Had a great time meeting everyone (Hotrocket, Honchkro13, Werecario, MurraMyrrh, Calm_Lava, Alaka, etc.) Congrats on the sweep Alaka!

Thanks TheMantyke for all the pokemon for me and the rest of the pokepokes! You're awesome!!

Hey I felt bad so I did the calcs when I got home. Your rotom would have only done 26 hp max to my ferrothorn. You would have needed to hit both hydro pumps to win it. Also would have needed a good roll on both cuz I was at 47 hp after your bug bite crit. So hax aside it didnt matter. It was a great game regardless though. I had a lot of fun!
haha yeah... i also could have tricked you my specs to prevent you from leech seeding my rotom and protecting... but yeah, gg.

Got third place, 7-1 losing only to Alaka. A very good fight indeed, sir! I also had the pleasure of battling Werecario, who had an excellent team as well.

Senior brother was twelfth place.

Junior was 2nd.

I'd like to thank Shii, Cassie, Zari, and TheMantyke for helping me out with my team--wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys!
Hey, your brother in juniors battled my cousin in Round 5! My cousin told me that it was a very close game and that he barely lost, but I was watching the battle video and I saw that if he had Rage Powdered T1 instead of protecting he would have been able to set up TR and things would have gone much better for him. Oh well, I explained to him what he did wrong and he ended up going 5-1 and getting 3rd, so it didn't matter too much. Tell Kobe gg for us!

For the first time I can be truly proud of my placing! 11th place in Masters (Last three times I never even got to place!) =D My team did so much better than I ever predicted. Who said Swellow can't be BAMF?
The crowd was good this time, and it was not only fun to finally battle people but to meet new people too. The two losses were heart breaks in a small way, but awesome battles nonetheless. Gratz to all who placed over me and I hope to see more than a handfull of you peeps in Indiana. ;P
Were you with the one with Swellow, Roselia, and Sawsbuck? If so, I battled you--I was the one with the shiny Hitmontop and Zapdos. I've got to say, your team, IMO, was the most unique I've ever seen!

@Lolfailsnail

Yeah my brother was saying he had a close match. I'll tell him that :) See you at Nats!

Good to meet everyone. (Honchcrow13/Alaka/Werecario)
Got that Big XII pokemon going. I ended up 49th at 5-3.
Thanks to Mantyke for the pokes.

Oh yeah! That Zapdos was a real tough bugger. I mean it took a 100 base power Rock Weather Ball. I know the Kanto Birds are specially defensive, but still it's impressive. Too bad Sawsbuck didn't get to do too much though. Glad you liked my team Pikabuddy. :D your comment made my night hun.

@Werecario your reaction to my team in team preview was priceless. Your reaction was exactly what I wanted, and it made my entire day yesterday. I mean, thats what I built it to do Normally my unique ideas get a lot of bashing, but I guess people need to see application. I'm glad you liked my team too. <3

My brother won the junior division 6-0! I...didn't do so hot, haha! Had a 4-4 record but hey it was fun. Congrats Alaka for winning the whole thing, I remember when you kicked my butt last year at Dallas.

And it's pretty awesome that we got to see a proposal. I fought Charley and she beat me :P. It was awesome to be there and I'm glad I got to meet up with some really awesome people. :)

My brother won the junior division 6-0! I...didn't do so hot, haha! Had a 4-4 record but hey it was fun. Congrats Alaka for winning the whole thing, I remember when you kicked my butt last year at Dallas.

And it's pretty awesome that we got to see a proposal. I fought Charley and she beat me :P. It was awesome to be there and I'm glad I got to meet up with some really awesome people. :)
Is your brother on Smogon? I know my little sister battled him in the first round, and he said she was very good.

Is your brother on Smogon? I know my little sister battled him in the first round, and he said she was very good.
He's not on Smogon, but he said he had a lot of good matches that day. Was your sister the one with Shiny Latias? I remember getting scared when I saw his battle video, haha!

He's not on Smogon, but he said he had a lot of good matches that day. Was your sister the one with Shiny Latias? I remember getting scared when I saw his battle video, haha!
Yes... She got that thing though an online trade. It even scared me when she showed it to me. Kids these days

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Did anyone get a pic of the Masters final standings page? I forgot to get one

Probably not going to write a warstory so I just want to say gg to everyone I played. It was a fun tournament and I was glad that competition was stiff all day. My first round opponent no showed, but I'm fairly sure that all of my other seven opponents t16d with most in t8. The most intense battle by far was round 7 against pikabuddy, I have the video uploaded and have the number, I'll get someone to upload it to youtube if he's ok with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)