VGC '12 United Kingdom National - Birmingham - March 3 - WON BY KobraTail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went, awful 4 am start though. Got to the 3rd Round same as last year =(, but was flat out beaten by a rain team, he prdictions were better, he was Italian, but he played better than me, so deserved the win, so i congrationed him, and moved on and ended up watched the final with him. it was still a great day, and having forgein players is great, they were were very sportmanship like the few i encountered, and if you can't beat them in your own regionals how are you, going to win at the worlds.

Got a Picture with Ben(gary) and got to hold the trophy that as close i'm ever going to get to it.xD, and his friend code, so time to prepare for never year, hopefully i can try the european events, but i need to get over that 3rd round.

Either way Congrats to Ruben, Ben, Picollo and Showsni Enjoy Hawalii , it was a great day with fellow pokemon enuthusiasts.

I lost round 3 due to stupid play on my part and timestall to Kefka who used an Ivysaur. Yes, I got dunked by an Ivysaur.
:pimp:

I'm sorry about that, I didn't stall at all during the battle (at least not on purpose) but when there was less than 1 min on the timer and I was winning 2-1 it would have been stupid for me to keep playing.

It was the hardest battle I had that day by far, though, and the one I liked the most.

thank you all for congratulating me, I'm really happy to win again, I had fun and I love to see many people from there.

Kinneas, Kefka and all those people who understand me and know me, thank you for expressing your opinion so wonderful to me, these things make me happy, I think they are very human feelings, I have little else to say, what you said you all , motivation, positive, attitude, wanting to play are very important things, and it is clear that I have these things, but you have to have in life is to respect yourself and respect for others, it sorry if I cry, I'm sorry if I dance, I'm sorry if I upset many people by my behavior, but I like this, I am this.

The more complicated combat the tournament has been in the second round, I fail ice punch, ice wind and ice hidden power ice against Garchomp, very hax TT.. but GG Barry:D, this is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioBOPufhdu0

COOOOOONGRATSSS PICOLLO, BEN(GARY) AND THE OTHER BRITISH BOY FOR TOP 4 =D

SEEEEEE YOUUUUUU INNN HAWAAAAAIIII PEOPLEEEEEEEEEEEEE:D ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡, Tomorrow will put the warstoryy¡¡ super warstoryy¡¡ jajajaj:D ¡¡ GANAAAAAAAAAAAAAR¡¡¡¡¡¡ IT'S EASYYYYYYYYYY¡¡¡¡¡¡ HABAAAAAAAAAAAAK¡¡¡¡ PATRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT¡¡¡¡ FUKIIING CRAAZYYYYYYYYYYYY¡¡¡ SHIT IN HOTEEEEEEEEEEL¡¡¡¡¡ :3

Hey, thanks Ruben. It was good to meet you, and definitely makes me feel better about the whole thing when you say I was the most complicated battle of the tournament for you, haha - even though you missed a couple of Ice moves on the Garchomp (was holding Yache though) - but I missed a Meteor Mash on your Hitmontop early on as well. If I had Protected with the Tyrannitar on the last turn though, the time might have ended the battle at 2-2... I don't know how it would have decided who won then... I do think you deserved to win the game though.

Anyway, I had a great day and will definitely be looking forward to seeing you and everyone else next year!

P.S. How did you get the battle recorded from my point of view?

I was watching that battle over your shoulder Baz. :D

Pretty damn good ahahahahaha.
Thanks!

Was it you I battled in the Union Room later on in the day, ending with your Hitmontop and my Terrakion? Was amusing with the whole Sucker Punch / Quick Attack business... Game finished with my Terrakion on 1HP...

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Hey, thanks Ruben. It was good to meet you, and definitely makes me feel better about the whole thing when you say I was the most complicated battle of the tournament for you, haha - even though you missed a couple of Ice moves on the Garchomp (was holding Yache though) - but I missed a Meteor Mash on your Hitmontop early on as well. If I had Protected with the Tyrannitar on the last turn though, the time might have ended the battle at 2-2... I don't know how it would have decided who won then... I do think you deserved to win the game though.

Anyway, I had a great day and will definitely be looking forward to seeing you and everyone else next year!

P.S. How did you get the battle recorded from my point of view?
First tiebreaker is total number of Pokemon remaining so you are still tied at that point. Second tiebreaker is average percentage of HP remaining. You would win at this point. Third tiebreaker is total HP and wouldn't come into play.

Ah, I thought so. Shame I didn't go for a cheeky double Protect, haha. Oh well, I think he played better than I did so I'm not disappointed.

That is not true, there was a shit-related incident, but it was all Ruben's doing.

I even told the police he was mentally retarded :toast:, and Ruben admitted that the rest of us had nothing to do with it, but we all got kicked out anyway.

Chris Scullion for Official Nintendo Magazine also said to someone via twitter:

@Joshawott Ha, aye. It's funny, because nobody's actually questioning why a Spanish guy was allowed to enter and win the UK championships
He is the Game Editor for the Official Nintendo Magazine. =/

I hate opinions like this, they don't help european public relations at all, I'm going around Europe and I hope others don't share the same idea when it's clear it's open to not just europeans but everyone.

It was never a poo fight, it was just rolled on to the first floor and then they got chucked out is all.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Don't worry Kefka I'll just go to the next VGC and shit on the stage and the spotlight will be off Ruben.

Yeah, the worst part is that according to the press we're like fucking monkeys, so the spotlight is actually on all of us, and everyone will believe that version despite a complete lack of evidence (specially since we're Spanish, and they're kind of fueling racism).

Some British people come to Spain on holidays and do much worse stuff like throwing themselves to a swimming pool from a second floor's balcony. It would be stupid to judge the whole country for that.

I'm seeing a lot of racist comments everywhere, and I don't like where this is going. The Pokémon Company will probably have to act at some point. I hope I'm wrong.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I sincerely hope you're wrong too. One person's account of this whole situation has led to this whole thing being blown up WAY past what it originally was. I doubt the Pokemon Company will intervene and even if they do, I don't think they will take Ruben's travel award, he won it fair and square. This was an incident completely irrelevant to the actual VGC event and it would be unfair to disqualify someone based on that.

As for this thread, discussion about the incident is now prohibited. Let's focus on the day itself and how great it was as a whole.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, the worst part is that according to the press we're like fucking monkeys, so the spotlight is actually on all of us, and everyone will believe that version despite a complete lack of evidence (specially since we're Spanish, and they're kind of fueling racism).

Some British people come to Spain on holidays and do much worse stuff like throwing themselves to a swimming pool from a second floor's balcony. It would be stupid to judge the whole country for that.

I'm seeing a lot of racist comments everywhere, and I don't like where this is going. The Pokémon Company will probably have to act at some point. I hope I'm wrong.
I think you're going overboard with this; none of the press said anything about "being fucking monkeys;" most of them are just poking fun at you while shaking their head in a disapproving way. Fact is, kid(s) throwing feces at a Pokemon tournament is going to turn heads and induce a few (okay, a lot) giggles.

Regardless, I am still happy for Ruben for winning the UK regionals. However, common sense comes into play here; why would you screw around in a hotel in a foreign country after being the highlight of the day, getting the police involved? I have no problems with Ruben acting happy and cocky, like some were, but I do have a problem with not acting his age and employing good manners, regardless of the location. Fact is, this doesn't bring good publicity to the TPCi, and something tells me they're not going to be pleased with the turn of events, no matter how overblown it was.

TPCi has always been hesitant on working with Smogon regardless of the hard efforts on behalf of our admins and Firestorm; this incident doesn't bring Smogon into a good light either, making it harder for them to work with TPCi.

So yeah, let's try not to dick around next time and employ common sense.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ruben's been omitted from the results, TCPI what are you doing?!?! Ruben's been to worlds twice already and been nothing but a credit to pokemon.
I don't think you understand what that phrase means. It looks like he may have been disqualified due to his actions and it makes complete sense from TPCi's point of view to do this. They can't have the winners representing the game in this way. I guess we'll find out more soon.

Wolfey

VGC 2016 Masters Champion
That is ridiculous, although TCPI doesn't realize its mistake now hes just going to take Spanish first place away from somebody else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)