VGC '12 United States National - Indianapolis - WON by Cybertron and Wolfey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the reason why they didn't give out free paid airfare to top 8 is that black and white didn't sell as much. So come on folks, let's all buy black and white 2!

I guess the reason why they didn't give out free paid airfare to top 8 is that black and white didn't sell as much. So come on folks, let's all buy black and white 2!
Don't give them too much credit, they're actually just being tight.

I can't think of any other branch of Organized Play that seemingly tries to expand while reducing the budget, lol.

Oh yeah and the fact that the lovely fan-organised Gamerbase tournaments here in the UK have considerably better prizes than the official tournaments is pretty damn terrible.

(Also Black and White have sold over twice as much as Platinum which came out the same relative to 2010, VGC's best year, so yeah)

Don't give them too much credit, they're actually just being tight.

I can't think of any other branch of Organized Play that seemingly tries to expand while reducing the budget, lol.

Oh yeah and the fact that the lovely fan-organised Gamerbase tournaments here in the UK have considerably better prizes than the official tournaments is pretty damn terrible.

(Also Black and White have sold over twice as much as Platinum which came out the same relative to 2010, VGC's best year, so yeah)
True that they are being tight, you're right.

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
True that they are being tight, you're right.
Coincidentally, the number of events for the US/North America has somewhat grown. Could this have an impact at all?
Perhaps the world prize is much more significant?
Just speculation.

Coincidentally, the number of events for the US/North America has somewhat grown. Could this have an impact at all?
Perhaps the world prize is much more significant?
Just speculation.
True, hopefully they will have 3 seasons of regionals, fall, winter, and spring along with a summer season of nationals and worlds. I don't see it as 3 chances to qualify for nationals though, as we will be having some type of point system next year.

True, hopefully they will have 3 seasons of regionals, fall, winter, and spring along with a summer season of nationals and worlds. I don't see it as 3 chances to qualify for nationals though, as we will be having some type of point system next year.
That would be nice.

I think the trips thing has something to do with giving a lot more prizes to international countries. Like every country now gets the exact same amount of prizes, which is insane if so. I could be wrong or misinformed, I pay about as much attention to this stuff as any sort of rules (so not at all), but I think this is what happened in TCG at least.

kamz

VGC 2011 Seniors Champion
4 Events really aren't enough for points. If it is just those events then they would only give 10-20 people an invite and those people would have either had the trip or done really well at all 3 regionals which means they won $$$. What they would have to do is to add State and City championships. That would make the rating system actually work. If they don't then the rating system really won't make too much of a difference.

4 Events really aren't enough for points. If it is just those events then they would only give 10-20 people an invite and those people would have either had the trip or done really well at all 3 regionals which means they won $$$. What they would have to do is to add State and City championships. That would make the rating system actually work. If they don't then the rating system really won't make too much of a difference.
Yeah, make it like the TCG, where they have state and city championships.

State and city championships would be really nice because it would make the VGC more local to everyone.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
So I got an email from foursquare the other day:

Eat a dick, foursquare. Eat a giant dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)