VGC '12 United States National - Indianapolis - WON by Cybertron and Wolfey

Status
Not open for further replies.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
This might be a stupid question as there seems to be nothing confirmed 100%, but will matches begin on the 30th(along with the player meeting), or are they going to get swiss and top cut all on july 1st.

This might be a stupid question as there seems to be nothing confirmed 100%, but will matches begin on the 30th(along with the player meeting), or are they going to get swiss and top cut all on july 1st.
VGC matches will begin on the 30th, TCG matches will begin on the 29th. Top cut is played on the 1st

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
HYPE HYPE HYPE HPYE EPH PEY

it's already june, what the hell

i still have no idea what i'm using for this event, i will probably scramble something together the week before…. but i am very very excited!!!! getting more excited with each word i type in this post

EEK

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
To be safe, I asked for a reconfirmation that Black2/White2 changes will not be tournament legal at the US and Canadian Nationals. The response I got back was that they are not allowed. Here's the full response:

Hello, Trainer!

Thank you for your response.

It is likely that the moves/items earned in Black 2 and White 2 will be illegal in tournaments, as a North American Black or White came card is required for the tournaments, and those moves/items will not be available to the general playing public at that time. Remember, any modified or altered Pokémon are not allowed in the tournaments.

We hope this helps answer your question!

If you have any other questions, please create a new ticket for them.

Sincerely,Pokémon Support Team

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
To be safe, I asked for a reconfirmation that Black2/White2 changes will not be tournament legal at the US and Canadian Nationals. The response I got back was that they are not allowed. Here's the full response:
Better than the response I got when I asked the same question, which was basically "Sorry, we can't talk about future developments." But that was a couple weeks ago, so maybe they're not as worried about spoiler alerts now or something like that.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Better than the response I got when I asked the same question, which was basically "Sorry, we can't talk about future developments." But that was a couple weeks ago, so maybe they're not as worried about spoiler alerts now or something like that.
I got that too. I think it's because the first person to answer is a general customer service employee. You just need to choose the "reject answer" option and have it forwarded up to someone who is involved with organized play.

YES, I just checked my grades for the semester and I can say with 100% certainty that I will be attending.

I'll be arriving Indy on Friday, at about 3:30 and I'll be leaving Sunday around 6.

EDIT: There is a small chance I'll be going by myself. Not gonna make any promises, but if anyone needs a room to mooch off and is willing to pay for some of my meals...

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
So when does the tournament end? I'm driving to and fro, and I need to figure out how many days of work I need to take off.

So when does the tournament end? I'm driving to and fro, and I need to figure out how many days of work I need to take off.
It ends on the first (Sunday), to be safe you should request Monday off unless you leave immediately after it's done.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh yeah, I'm back to a maybe. Work is mesing me around somewhat, but I'm doing all I can to make sure I can still go to this. All good fun and games. Will update as soon as I know what's going on.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
YES, I just checked my grades for the semester and I can say with 100% certainty that I will be attending.

I'll be arriving Indy on Friday, at about 3:30 and I'll be leaving Sunday around 6.

EDIT: There is a small chance I'll be going by myself. Not gonna make any promises, but if anyone needs a room to mooch off and is willing to pay for some of my meals...
Young man, if you need a room to mooch off of (free breakfast too!) lemme know! Of course, you'll have to pay for the nights you stay there...

Young man, if you need a room to mooch off of (free breakfast too!) lemme know! Of course, you'll have to pay for the nights you stay there...
Oh no, my hotel's paid for by Pokemon since I won, blah. I'm just letting people know if they might want to stay if I roll on my own, lol.

I can't wait to go, it's really exciting to be my first nats. I'll be there around noon on friday, and will be there until after the tourney pretty much! Can't wait to see everyone that i've met already and everyone else I haven't!

Yea its kinda official. Im not going anymore!! D:D:D:
So hit me up for advice or practice at least! Dont leave me bored xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)