VGC '12 United States National - Indianapolis - WON by Cybertron and Wolfey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge congrats to Wolfey and Cybertron for defending their respective titles!

Also a shoutout to Sandman, absolutely brilliant work to make the final!

Can you two stop conquering US already? It's getting a bit boring......

JOKES! Well done you two, can't wait to meet both of you in hawaii, just knowing Wolfey is at Hawaii makes me want to train a lot more.

hey guys i'm through security in indianapolis now and wanted to make one post before i had to board since i missed out on saying goodbye to a lot of you

you are all great!! dang, i had so much fun and am really fortunate to have been able to go. you're all talented as hell and smogon was represented incredibly by the unit of people we had there

i can't remember the names of everyone i met this weekend but i do know everyone was really hilarious and awesome to talk to - i won't even attempt to name names because I know I'll fuck a lot up but if we chatted at all this weekend feel free to hit me up on here or on facebook (Timothy Blalock)

you're all really wonderful people and i'm really proud of how everyone did this year!! congrats to cybertron and wolfie!!!!

see you guys next year, maybe i'll make a team that isn't for a metagame a year old and actually try to top cut! i had a ton of fun and i love you all!!!!!

ps i am the master of ian garvey trivia

pss paul hornak snores and tried to spoon me in his sleep

If anyone wanted to know who I was, during Preregistration I was going up and down the line with registeration forms and Player IDs. During Masters registration I ran the help desk. I did some checks during Masters Swiss rounds. During the registration for Juniors and Seniors I was the one in the red shirt going up and down the line checking everyone's teams. After that I was in the VGC area mostly signing match slips and answering questions when they came up.

Congrats Cybertron.

Congrats to Wolfey and Cybertron!

Got timed out and haxed out on my top 32 match, oh well, there's always next year...

And congrats to Dimsun and SP67, you guys deserve it!

A big congrats to all the qualifiers! And Crow.. so close man, I was cheering for ya.

Now I just can't wait to see all the videos!

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
...am i in 2011?

grats to everyone, aaron and wolfe my boys gj, danny grats on the trip again :D

Crazy day! I can't believe it, but I got 2nd to Cybertron in seniors. Congrats to all of he winners, this has been an incredible weekend!

Also, once I find out how, I'm officially changing my username to Mr. Fox. Assuming it's not taken of course.

What a Nationals.

Congratulations to Wolfey and my boy Cybertron for the repeat of them asserting their dominance in the nation. Also, good job to both Sandman and SuperPokemon67 as well!

Thanks Rukario! Also, my little brother lost his bag at the convention center. It's a drawstring bag like they gave out last year for regs. It was last seen at the table that had. Birthday cake for Ian. Also, I should put up my warstory in about a week.

What a great weekend of nationals! The hype was extraordinary and the matches were even better with such a high skill level from all players. Unfortunately I couldn't make it this year, but it's still awesome to see a good friend win seniors and one of the top players in the world take home masters again. All around awesome weekend Pokemon-wise.

#seniors

Also nice job to SP67 and dimsun for top4.

In Crowne Plaza, up for dinner if other people are going. Lost in T32 to a simple Rain team. First game I lost, the hax were even enough and I was getting used to his team. Second game was pretty easy predictions, no hax to my memory, and I take it. Third game, there is a stupidly important crit against me the first turn that pretty much loses me the game. I'm annoyed I didn't get outplayed, or out-teamed, but haxed at such an important time. Especially since I will be in Masters the upcoming year.

Gratz to Cyber and Wolfe, both deserved it.

Every match I had was exciting and well played! Great competition. Congrats to all the winners! I made a lot of stupid mistakes but this tourney, but getting T32 has inspired me to become a more involved and competitive player. Met some really cool people, so I hope to see you all next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)