VGC '12 World Championships - Kona, HI, USA - WON by BlueCookies & Dimsun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok dimsun now that you have a free trip next year TAKE ME W YOU

edit also where are the finals matches arg i missed the stream x_x

Missed it due to work, but Wolfe used a sun team, right? If so, isn't it a little ironic that the two final teams are based on the only weather types to have an auto-starter in the new Unova dex?

He used sunny day to activate his sun.
That's what I figured. I saw the team listings in a post before it happened and it mentioned charizard and exeggutor on it, so I figured that was the case. Seems like we may see people in VGC13 try something similar with rain if the BW2 Unova dex is the restriction for next year.

CONGRATULETIOOOONS RAAY RIZZO!!! YOU ARE THE BEST, BUT... when I can play, I will win!!!!!!!! jejeje :P

Conratuletions Wolfey! Flash! Replay!! all!! :D

That's what I figured. I saw the team listings in a post before it happened and it mentioned charizard and exeggutor on it, so I figured that was the case. Seems like we may see people in VGC13 try something similar with rain if the BW2 Unova dex is the restriction for next year.
Charizard wasn't on it. That was a hoax designed to throw Ray off. Didn't work.

Thraypeat! Honestly, those who didn't watch the stream don't realize how close Ray came to be knocked out by Jumpie. Some last minute hax game 2 and early game 3 almost took him down, but at the end a Draco Meteor miss won it for him. Everyone became was so pissed off on IRC until the DM miss. Insane thing to do, winning a World Championships in a game where luck can severely screw you over . Also, you are great friends with your pokemon, and therefore they HIT LIKE A TRUCK!!!!!

Great job Dimsun, can't believe you pulled it off! You deserve these big finishes after all the bad luck you've had in previous tournaments. I think every loss you've had in a tournament has taught you something, and it's all coming together. You're definetly a high quality player, and I wish you the best for next years World Championship in Vancouver!

Snorlax, I'm not sure, but their entire teams will be released to the Pokemon World Tournament in Black 2 and White 2, so every detail can be figured out from there.

On an unrelated note, who was the highest-ranked person who did the LCQ?

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Have to agree with everything gec has said.

While the fact there are so many Europeans obviously meant a large portion of them would be left towards the bottom and middle, the fact that the best US players are all more towards the top of the rankings shows that they are simply better than the European players that made it to Worlds.

Congrats to Ray and Dim.

I couldn't find it after searching the board for 10 minutes, but does anyone have the list of Pokemon and Known Moves for Wolfe and Rizzo? EVs I don't care about as much, I'm just curious about the goods we have now.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Said it to you guys already in person, but congrats again guys :P

Had an amazing time at worlds for my first event. Glad to meet everyone, expect a warstory soon! Hope to see you guys in Vancouver next year :D

I was really hoping to see Canada make it further, but with worlds being on our turf next year, I'm really looking forward to seeing what we can put out to impress you all! I know I'll be there!
Wait, what? I've kind of been ignoring Worlds 2012 because I was rather upset I couldn't make it, so I'm only just hearing about this now. '13 is in Canada?

...after looking it up, apparently it's in Vancouver. Rad (although Toronto would be better for me).

GOsh! Congrats to everyone who did so well!
Dimsun, you're so amazing! I'm glad to have met and battled you at regionals, cuz who knew you were gonna be WORLD champ?! Tell me about it later.
And BlueCookies. 3peat. Wow. There's nothing else to say. Lol

Congrats to Dimsun and Ray!!! Although I've said it already, you guys are amazing and good luck in Vancouver. Also congrats to Wolfey and Repray. Although my worlds experience was cut a little short (4-2 10th place, didn't cut), expect a warstory from me later.

And I guess the only way to go WORLDs for other terrotory is via LCQ. I didn't make it to top4. :(

Congrats to BlueCookies and Dimsun.

(For a moment, I mistook as all food: Cookies and Dim Sum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)