VGC 13 European dates revealed: only 3 tournaments, no Spain

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Bangisan, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Bangisan

Bangisan

2. froggy25

froggy25

The great news is that those tournaments will use Swiss pairings.

I'll be at Birmingham.
  3. Kefka

Kefka

That was completely unnecessary.
  4. froggy25

froggy25

But editing out the entire sentence was perhaps unnecessary too, the fact there's only 3 Qualifiers this year is an issue.
  5. Naetoru

Naetoru

I think they will announce the other two tournaments later. If not, then I think it is strange of TPCi to exclude two tournaments this late in the season.
  6. ArcDeus

ArcDeus

Whooow, if those are the only venues in Europe, that would suck soo bad ! o_O. I mean, France excuded from VGC ?? That doesn't make sense !
  7. pokebasket

pokebasket

We, the Spanish players, are VERY angry with this new system of only 3 VGCs....

We disappoint with TPCi, because we think that Spain is one of the best countries in the world (in fact, IMO we are the 2nd in the World, being obviously USA 1st), as we could see in the last WCS, where Spain got the 2nd place in Senior, and the 3rd and 7th place in Master. We had also a lot of players in Worlds, being 5 in Junior, 5 in Senior and 7 in Master.

I think that there is an economic reason, or the last issue in Birmingham, but I don't know why Spain hasn't got a VGC this year, and for example Italy has one. France well, is the most centric country, but they even accept this decision.
  8. Spaniard

Spaniard

It really pisses me off to not get a VGC qualifier in Madrid this year.
  9. froggy25

froggy25

No ?
  10. ArcDeus

ArcDeus

If I accept it ? Not even a second ! I guess the loss of our triple AAA last year really has consequences after all... Anyway, this decision makes me very angry. As if it was not cost-full enough to travel to a country's unique venue for some people, here we are, having to go abroad to play our game. Hours and hours of preparing just to learn that it'll cost me hundreds if I want my work to mean something.
  11. pokebasket

pokebasket

Yes, I know that a lot of players don't accept it, but for example Galooks has said that he admit that France is the country whose VGC he thought it would disappear.
  12. froggy25

froggy25

It's one person
  13. lightning75

lightning75

I'm french and sorry for spelling mistakes.
    I live in Paris and the cancellation of vgc shocked the comunity French. lot of people were prepared for the new vgc and this is a great disappointment to the French
  14. Fantom0

Fantom0

Really glad to see the venues up now, and woop! Swiss rounds! And top 8 get a travel award.

I really hope there will be France and Spain nationals. Not that I'll go, it'll just be interesting seeing what's popular over there as it always is.
  15. pokebasket

pokebasket

Ok, so sorry, :s
  16. FireMage

FireMage Status: I don't know how it got so busy irl x_x
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

I'll probably end up in Birmingham - Assuming I go at all. I'm not thrilled at the date - purely because it interrupts plans that have been in place for a while. If I can make it, I'll go - if not I'll be annoyed.
  17. Az_UK

Az_UK

I'll try and make it to Birmingham if I'm free that period, sounds promising!

AZ
  18. hoult66

hoult66

Be there for Italy. Seniors.
  19. Redemption003

Redemption003

Hoping to get down to Birmingham. Finally might be able to attend one of these, work permitting.
  20. AuraRayquaza

AuraRayquaza

I will try to make it to birmingham this year although it is a week before and after my gcses
  21. Draco27

Draco27

Uk seniors here i come.
  22. Pr0man

Pr0man

I'll be in Germany seniors and probably in Birmingham
  23. madvorak

madvorak

I am going to attend VGC in Germany, together with 3 other Czech players probably (all in Masters division).

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)