VGC 15 Creative and Underrated Sets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with your point on sash. It really is the better item since it allows Chandelure to beat things more effectively. I ran Tyranitar since it suits my playstyle a lot. So goggles was the better choice and improves Gardevoir/ Amoongus match ups.

Scrafty is annoying to deal with and so trying to fit a fairy on the team could be a good way to control it better. On to the point of Sucker Punch. Intimidate allows 252 hp Chandelure to survive 252+ Sucker Punch from Kangaskhan. So the prime user can not ko it if anyone wanted to know. I play with the idea that it can miss kos so chip damage is vital in allowing it to effectively do its job. Hence the spread damage on both prime users together.

Edit: Actually you should keep in mind that you could run Wide Guard Conkeldurr. Something which is making me think on additions I could adapt to my team. It might serve a better role if I do some switches. But I am thinking a Steel-Type just needs to be on since fairies just overwhelming even with large physical threats on the team such as Kangaskhan and AV Landorus-T.

I see. You could use a classic Specs Sylveon with quiet nature to add some spam preassure, or if you want somethin for more support you can try this:

Aromatisse (F) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Aroma Veil
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Protect

another TR setter in cause the enemy matchup weren't favorabe to chandelure, like Rain Teams. Heal Pulse is really usefull, to bring back health especially if you run AV Landorus. If ou want a Steel type, aegislash is the most solid on the format, but having already a ghost ttype, probably the best option will be Scizor. Scizor brings priority move and you don't need to worry about TR since bullet punch goes fisrt too undesr tTrick Room. Also can make a good combo if you Sword Dance with Scizor and then Heal Pulse with Aromatisse.

@ Leftovers

Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Substitute
- Wide Guard

This is a very suprising moveset as the opponent often thinks you arent running Wide Guard if you reveal the leftovers and if you reveal Wide Guard, they dont expect the sub. The only disadvantage is that you cant deal damage to Kangashkan (but free subs) and you cant 2hko sylveon. This moveset isnt new, a few german players played it but I think many people dont know the moveset.

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
@ Leftovers

Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Substitute
- Wide Guard

This is a very suprising moveset as the opponent often thinks you arent running Wide Guard if you reveal the leftovers and if you reveal Wide Guard, they dont expect the sub. The only disadvantage is that you cant deal damage to Kangashkan (but free subs) and you cant 2hko sylveon. This moveset isnt new, a few german players played it but I think many people dont know the moveset.
Speaking of not dealing damage to kangaskhan here is a replay where we were one on one. Man it sucked http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2015-281856205

Mishimono

mish mish

Scizor @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite/ Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Now Scizor is a sort of underrated mon to begin with but have you ever thought of using Safety Goggles with it (maybe you have I don't know)? Well with Safety Goggles you can easily setup a Swords Dance up on the Gardevoir, Amoonguss duo. This also pairs well with Fairy weak mons like Hydreigon, Salamence as Amoonguss will try to rage Powder your Bullet Punch away and then pop you get a clean KO on Gardevoir. This also allows you to beat Breloom as without Safety Goggles Breloom can Spore you and then proceed to 3HKO you, with Goggles you can easily win the matchup as you can get a free turn when Breloom Spores. Lastly Goggles helps vs Amoonguss+ Azumarill and whatnot.

EDIT: You can adjust the spread to better suit your team.

Last edited:

Scizor @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite/ Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Now Scizor is a sort of underrated mon to begin with but have you ever thought of using Safety Goggles with it (maybe you have I don't know)? Well with Safety Goggles you can easily setup a Swords Dance up on the Gardevoir, Amoonguss duo. This also pairs well with Fairy weak mons like Hydreigon, Salamence as Amoonguss will try to rage Powder your Bullet Punch away and then pop you get a clean KO on Gardevoir. This also allows you to beat Breloom as without Safety Goggles Breloom can Spore you and then proceed to 3HKO you, with Goggles you can easily win the matchup as you can get a free turn when Breloom Spores. Tis also helps vs Amoonguss+ Azumarill and whatnot.

EDIT: You can adjust the spread to better suit your team.
i'm using this same scizor on a semi-sun team and it works really well, i think is worth to mention Lum Berry as an option over Goggles. Lum Berry allows you to set up sword dance's more savely in front of potential burns and can avoid Spore one turn. Goggles is more specific to cover a weakness of the team, but overall Lum Berry is also a solid option too

Mishimono

mish mish
i'm using this same scizor on a semi-sun team and it works really well, i think is worth to mention Lum Berry as an option over Goggles. Lum Berry allows you to set up sword dance's more savely in front of potential burns and can avoid Spore one turn. Goggles is more specific to cover a weakness of the team, but overall Lum Berry is also a solid option too
Ya Lum is a solid option as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)