1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

VGC 17: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer

Discussion in 'Video Game Championships' started by blarajan, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Bright Size

Bright Size

I would try messaging the mods directly instead of posting about it here so they're more likely to see it. I'm not sure where you'd post about it on Smogon.
  2. blarajan

blarajan Rest in Bling
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
    VGC Co-Leader

Both are fine
  3. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

EV spreading for level 50 means I need to distribute evs in 3 or 5 stats to not prevent having 4 evs left over?
  4. blarajan

blarajan Rest in Bling
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
    VGC Co-Leader

Assuming perfect ivs yeah (4 evs for initial stat, 8 evs for each subsequent point)
    Pocket likes this.
  5. avalanche3387

avalanche3387

What are viable items for vikavolt and Arcanine? I was thinking iapapa berry and sitrus berry respectively, but I would like other ideas. I already have two z moves on the team.
  6. Bright Size

Bright Size

Those two items both work well on the respective 'mons. The question you should be asking yourself is whether or not it fits well given the context of the rest of your team. Other items you can consider for the two include but are not limited to: Assault Vest, Choice Specs (I'm not sure about this one), Sitrus Berry (instead of having it on Arcanine), and Life Orb on Vikavolt; other 50% berries like Aguav Berry, Life Orb (eh), Safety Goggles (in most cases I wouldn't recommend it, but it makes facing Torkoal/Lilligant teams easier if you find yourself having trouble with it) on Arcanine. Firium Z could work on Arcanine, though you already have two Z-moves on the team so it's probably not optimal to run three it can still be something to think about if you're working on your team and find that the other Z-moves aren't a great fit or something.
  7. Mr. Querty

Mr. Querty

I know that Grassy Terrain decreases damage from Earthquake, but does it decrease damage from a Earthquake-based Z-Move?
  8. Demantoid

Demantoid

No

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)