Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Follow Me
- Protect
- Wish

I decided to run Clefairy over Clefable due to a relative equal bulk due to eviolite alongside the boost of friend guard. Moonblast is just so that I have something to do offensively instead of just sitting around all the time. Follow me provides redirection. It can allow Phero, Chomp or Kartana to put in some damage while I tank hits. It can also allow me to sub and hopefully a CM. Protect just to stop steel or poison attacks, and wish for healing and to provide support an injured ally, usually Tapu Fini.

Pheromosa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Beam

Pheromosa fills my team's need of a special sweeper. Blizzard can take advantage of the hail set up by Ninetales-A . Bug Buzz and Focus blast are just for STAB and coverage, while Hyper Beam can be used for a suicide play for if I switch in on a bad hit.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpA
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Tapu Fini serves multiple roles. Misty Terrain blocks Toxic on Fini and Clef, WoW on Kartana and Chomp, and T-Wave on Phero. The 196 Def/252 HP allows me to live a Leaf Blade from a standard Kartana. Protect is to allow me to scout out while also allowing me to get more out of leftovers. Dazzling gleam as my attacking move. Calm Mind for reads and for once I get a sub up. Because Clef can follow me, this allows me to set up 1 of these in most situations. Sub+Leftovers can give me extra tankiness while also allowig me to set up.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 244 HP / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Encore
- Protect
- Icy Wind

Ninetales-A is puts my team together from a support perspective. It can double both of my mon's defenses with Aurora Veil. Encore can be used to lock people into set up, a screen, protect, or status. Protect can be used for scouting, although I'm thinking about replacing this with freeze-dry for a check to pelipper. Icy Wind can cripple a scarfer or Phero.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide

ScarfChomp allows me to check many mon's that would normally outspeed. With 220 speed, I outspeed any mon in the meta without a scarf itself. Earthquake serves as a STAB move I can use to also hit both foes, as my team has no ground weaknesses. Poison Jab allows me to check Bulu and Whimsicott (although the latter isn't very common). Dragon Claw can put in work against the likes of Salamence and Goodra. Rock Slide allows me to hit both foes when one is flying or levitate.

Kartana @ Grassium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Leaf Blade
- Psycho Cut
- Smart Strike

Kartana is my Z-Mover, allowing me to pick up a beast boost from a 170 BP Bloom Doom. Protect to scout out HP Fire or a Fire move from Phero. Leaf Blade as my main stab move, along with being my conduit for Bloom Doom. Psycho Cut allows me to deal with fighting types, which Kartana struggles with. Smart Strike allows me to have a backup STAB move, while also allowing me to deal with the Tapu's.

Attachments

Last edited:
Nope, that Pheramosa set needs to go, it's way too all over the place.

Hyper Beam should not be used by anything without the name Mega Gardevoir, Sylveon or Porygon-Z
Focus Blast without Fightnium Z in VGC is risky gambling.
Bug Buzz doesn't hit much of the metagame threats, Pheramost prefers a Fighting move plus coverage moves in the form of Poison Jab/Ice Beam
Blizzard can only function in Hail, any other weather eliminates it's reliability, since it has to be sent alongside A-Ninetales that means Fire types like Arcanine can seriously counter you and Torkoal flat out can destroy you with a lucky Eruption or simple Heat Wave

This team also is walled hard by Celesteela

Might want to drop Pheramosa for Arcanine

Nope, that Pheramosa set needs to go, it's way too all over the place.

Hyper Beam should not be used by anything without the name Mega Gardevoir, Sylveon or Porygon-Z
Focus Blast without Fightnium Z in VGC is risky gambling.
Bug Buzz doesn't hit much of the metagame threats, Pheramost prefers a Fighting move plus coverage moves in the form of Poison Jab/Ice Beam
Blizzard can only function in Hail, any other weather eliminates it's reliability, since it has to be sent alongside A-Ninetales that means Fire types like Arcanine can seriously counter you and Torkoal flat out can destroy you with a lucky Eruption or simple Heat Wave

This team also is walled hard by Celesteela

Might want to drop Pheramosa for Arcanine
Thank you for the suggestion! I'm assuming I should run a somewhat offensive Arcanine for Celesteela?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)