VGC 2010 Battle Video Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a battle video RandomVGC and I had: 91-83735-90661

Perhaps not exceptional as the OP suggests, but interesting to say the least. Ending was funny when I got a crit on my own Kyogre and killed it. lol
Nothing wrong with publicity, but maybe you shouldn't put other people's teams up before they actually get to compete in the tournament. I mean if you asked that's another thing. Not tryna put you on blast; just sayin.

RVGC knows already though? I told him it was uploaded and such, he said he was fine when I asked. If he'd rather it not be up on here then I'll take it off. ^_^;

Darn, I am really starting to hate these statistics. Out of the 19 battle videos currently listed in the OP, the winning team has included Kyogre a whopping 16 times! Also, the only three videos where the winner didn't use Kyogre were some of the earliest matches, so apparently the metagame has changed so as to make Kyogre mandatory or something.
I don't want to use Kyogre! I hate that stupid fish (no offense Fish; I don't mean you).
I know that nobody absolutely has to use Kyogre to win, but it's like not using it suddenly puts me at a disadvantage or something.

Darn, I am really starting to hate these statistics. Out of the 19 battle videos currently listed in the OP, the winning team has included Kyogre a whopping 16 times! Also, the only three videos where the winner didn't use Kyogre were some of the earliest matches, so apparently the metagame has changed so as to make Kyogre mandatory or something.
I don't want to use Kyogre! I hate that stupid fish (no offense Fish; I don't mean you).
I know that nobody absolutely has to use Kyogre to win, but it's like not using it suddenly puts me at a disadvantage or something.
You really don't need to feel obligated to use kyogre. Kyogre is just a tried and true pokemon that is useful in VGC. However, because of this, many teams prepare for kyogre, so not using it will catch them off guard. I know that when I face someone, I feel the most anxious when they use a unique team, than if they use a classic one. Being unpredictable is powerful, even if it's supposedly less effective than the standard.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
How does that mean Raze lost to a Shedinja? Yes, there was a Shedinja there, but his Palkia still could not have beaten both things even if one of them hadn't been Shedinja. So, in effect, he lost because he got out played, not because of Shedinja.

How does that mean Raze lost to a Shedinja? Yes, there was a Shedinja there, but his Palkia still could not have beaten both things even if one of them hadn't been Shedinja. So, in effect, he lost because he got out played, not because of Shedinja.
I didn't say anything about how he lost to Shedinja specifically.

However he couldn't beat it. Shedinja cannot die, so strategy was irrelevant when Palkia was alone. :/

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I didn't say anything about how he lost to Shedinja specifically.

However he couldn't beat it. Shedinja cannot die, so strategy was irrelevant when Palkia was alone. :/
Nah, sorry, I didn't mean that you said that. A bunch of other people #skarmbliss were stating it was lame that Raze lost to Shedinja. To me, it looks like he just lost to someone better than him =p

lol Yeah I agree on that observation. Despite that it is Shedinja, Palkia would have been KO'd quickly to begin with anyway had Shed not been around.

Nah, sorry, I didn't mean that you said that. A bunch of other people #skarmbliss were stating it was lame that Raze lost to Shedinja. To me, it looks like he just lost to someone better than him =p
Agreed, there were a # of things that Raze did wrong that he could have done better. Personally, I think he should have been on Weaviles case alot earlier but I digress.

I'm sorry, but I thought that was one of the worst Battle Videos I've seen so far, on BOTH ends. Why didn't BlackFox just finish off the Giratina with Night Slash and forget Ice Shard which isn't killing Giratina in the first place. Send in Shedinja, GG, complete win.

I don't understand some people.

-James

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm sorry, but I thought that was one of the worst Battle Videos I've seen so far, on BOTH ends. Why didn't BlackFox just finish off the Giratina with Night Slash and forget Ice Shard which isn't killing Giratina in the first place. Send in Shedinja, GG, complete win.

I don't understand some people.

-James
It was a Choice Scarf Giratina, it would have vanished before Weavile could hit it with Night Slash.

I have a really intense battle recordr battle, but it isn;t on youtube yet. Could you possibly post the video number until then? Ok then here it is 99-85554-45746

I have a really intense battle recordr battle, but it isn;t on youtube yet. Could you possibly post the video number until then?
I like making youtube videos from the battle recorder. Of course I can also make them crystal clear, so if you want, ill take care of it if you post the video #

Yeah I know, I was mostly joking.

In the world championship match last year, the guy who finished 2nd only won one of the games (best 2/3) because he scored a crit on toxicroak with shedinja before he could get sucker punched.
Sorry if this has been asked, but is there a link to that? I want to see it :p

Have you seen the GTS videos in which a guy leads with a Shiny double screener Latios and Hitmonlee?? It's truly epic, or at least it's fun to see such original leads :D

BTW, if you know, who is he??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)