VGC 2011 Analysis/Article Index

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Be sure to read the following before proceeding to write an analysis/article:

Contributions & Corrections General Information
Spelling and Grammar Standards

VGC 2011 Analysis/Article Index

This thread will be used to index reserved articles, please post here if you plan on reserving a Pokemon for an analysis or the creation of a general article so that we may index it and make it easier for future searching and categorizing.

The analyses are categorized below as follows:

RESERVED - The analysis has been reserved in the official reservations thread― that's to say, this thread ―and is hence marked down as that member's responsibility to complete.

PLACEHOLDER - Having reserved an analysis, by placing a placeholder thread it is easier to keep track of reservations.

SKELETON - You can choose to write a skeleton analysis first. This way, it is easier for others to comment on content, and if a set ends up being rejected, you do not lose valuable work. We highly recommend to use skeletons during the first stages of an analysis.

WRITTEN - Feel free to write up your analyses formally once you believe you have enough knowledge and material to work with, and your thread will be given this tag. Please remember to keep to Smogon's official grammar standards and analysis format. However, we again recommend waiting until your thread has been fully approved by Quality Control before progressing onto this stage.

QC APPROVED - Once your analysis is sufficiently detailed (it doesn't even have to be written, a skeleton will do) the Quality Control team will descend upon your analysis and after testing, will use their in-depth competitive knowledge to make your analysis as informative and accurate as possible. Please respect their judgment at all times. After it has been approved by two different Quality Control members, your analysis is ready to move on to the next stage.

The Quality Control team for VGC 11 is as follows (feel free to PM them for a check-up):

Huy
Kinneas
Alaka
Sixonesix
Bianca222

GP APPROVED - Once your analysis is approved by the Quality Control team, and you have finished writing it up, the final touch will be provided by the Grammar-Prose team, who will run through your analysis correcting anything out of place until even Tolstoy would be gobsmacked. Once your analysis has been checked by a minimum of two different Grammar-Prose team members, you can at last call your analysis 'finished'.

Note: VGC analyses are not officially being GP checked at this time.

The Grammar-Prose team is as follows (feel free to PM them for a check-up):

bojangles (Leader)
Rising_Dusk (Co-leader)
bugmaniacbob
DJXO9
Draco Zephyr
Dr. Reid
Dubulous
Eo
Fatecrashers
Fizz
Flora
Great Sage
jc104
jumpluff
Legacy Raider
Snorlaxe
uragg
whistle
Zystral

FINISHED - Don't start looking too far ahead. Your analysis will likely not be going on-site for a while, until the site is ready to take them. Watch this space.

Current Analysis/Article Index

These are the analysis/articles that are being worked on or reserved by other members.

Serperior - sandman - Done
Emboar - JRank - Done
Samurott - kingofkongs - Done
Watchog
Stoutland - Cosmicexplorer - Copyediting
Liepard - muffinhead - Copyediting
Simisage
Simisear - Shiny Mew2 - QC 0/2
Simipour - Sixonesix
Musharna - muffinhead - Copyediting
Unfezant - pressureflood - Copyediting
Zebstrika - sandman - QC 1/2
Gigalith - muffinhead - Done
Swoobat
Excadrill - sixonesix - QC 1/2
Audino - cosmicexplorer - Copyediting
Conkeldurr - kingofkongs - Done
Seismitoad - JRank - Done
Throh - cosmicexplorer - Done
Sawk - sandman - Done
Leavanny - HolyChipmunk - Copyediting
Scolipede - muffinhead - Done
Whimsicott - muffinhead - Done
Lilligant - chihuahuaowner - Done
Basculin - muffinhead
Krookodile - muffinhead - Done
Darmanitan - cosmicexplorer - Done
Maractus - Huy
Crustle - JRank - Copyediting
Scrafty - Kinneas - Copyediting
Sigllyph - cosmicexplorer - QC 2/2 - needs to be written
Cofagrigus - JRank - Done
Carracosta - cosmicexplorer - Copyediting
Archeops - muffinhead - Done
Garbodor
Zoroark - JRank - Done
Cinccino - andrea
Gothitelle - Solace. - Copyediting
Reuniclus - cosmicexplorer - Done
Swanna - chihuahuaowner - QC 1/2
Vanilluxe - andrea - Done
Sawsbuck - Tan
Escavalier - JRank - Done
Foongus - King Emerald - Copyediting
Amoongus - cosmicexplorer - Done
Jellicent - JRank - Done
Alommola - cosmicexpolorer - Done
Galvantula - JRank - Done
Ferrothorn - dtrain
Klinkklang
Eelektross - muffinhead - Done
Beheeyem - sandman - QC 0/2
Chandelure - cosmicexplorer - Done
Haxorus - muffinhead - Done
Beartic - cosmicexplorer - Done
Cryogonal - cosmicexplorer - Done
Accelgor - andrea
Stunfisk
Mienshao - Ditto - Copyediting
Druddigonn - sandman - Done
Golurk - muffinhead - Done
Bisharp - muffinhead - Done
Bouffalant - cosmicexplorer - Done
Braviary - cosmicexplorer - Done
Mandibuzz - Human
Heatmor - Solace. - Copyediting
Durant - JRank - Copyediting
Hydreigon - Alaka - Done
Volcarona - drug_duck - Copyediting
Cobalion - Solace. - Copyediting
Terrakion - JRank - Done
Virizion - muffinhead - Done
Tornadus - JRank - Done
Thundurus - JRank - Done
Landorus - kingofkongs - Done

Are you reading this thinking, "I want to do an analysis, but I don't know what Pokemon to do!" Well we're actually almost done, but there are still a few Pokemon up for grabs. Garbador hasn't been taken, its fairly bulky and could be interesting spamming Sludgewave with a team of Steel-types. Speaking of Steel-types, Klinkklang hasn't been taken, so you could try your hand at that. Finally, Watchog, Simisage, Stunfisk, and Swoobat haven't been taken, not really sure what use they could have, but why don't you figure it out!

75 total
39 done - 52%
16 copyediting
8 reserved but not ready for qc
6 unreserved
1 awaiting qc
3 qc'd but not written

3 final words:

- Those who wish to take over an analysis from another member, please PM the member in question first. There are many skeleton analyses within the index where the OP in question has no intention of continuing with their analysis. In this case, you should first PM them and get their permission before re-reserving the thread. If they do not respond to your message, PM a C&C moderator, but do not post in this thread.

- Those who wish to give up a reservation, please either PM me or post here to make the vacancy known. This is particularly directed at badgeholders who wrote the original 5th generation analyses, as they were neither asked nor expected to write formal analyses afterwards. However, this also applies to those who wish to unreserve an analysis after this post. I have no way of knowing whether a posted skeleton is actually a reservation, nor which analyses you wish to keep and which you are willing to give up, so please let me know in good time.

- Please understand that a reservation is expected to be a commitment to seeing the analysis through to the end. It's always deeply annoying when somebody does nothing about an analysis for ages and clogs up the system. For this reason we suggest reserving no more than three analyses at any one time so that you are able to complete them in due course. If you are inactive for an extended period of time over your analysis, it may be removed from you by force, so please don't let it come to that.

Shamelessly ripped off of bugmaniacbob.

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would like to reserve Ononokusu and Archeos and all the other stuff in my signature unless anyone else wants it, granted it's not in Smogon format but that's what I will work on.

edit: okay, looks like musharna / gigiasu / shandera were taken (not sure about gigaiasu guy .___.(, so i will also do PENDORAAAAAAAAA.

I will do the following articles:
Water Spout Calculations (for Wailord in VGC 2009, Kyogre in VGC 2010, and Burungeru in VGC 2011)
VGC 2011 Speed Tiers
Common Items in VGC 2011

JRank

Jonny
Reserving Roobushin. Hopefully after that I can do Emboar (Enbuoo w/e), but if someone else wants it I am not opposed.

EDIT: Unreserving Roob, I'm just not experienced enough with him. Reserving Emboar for real now, though.

andrea

/me cresselias
I'd like to reserve Shanderaa and Burungeru. ^_^

Edit: Unreserving these guys. Feel free to take them!

Is it okay if I reserve Gigalith and Oobemu if they are not already taken

Edit: Muffinhead can have gigalith if he wants I'll stick with Oobemu

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
I would love to reserve Birijion, I've been testing it a lot and I fell in love.
My other analyses will be finished in the next 3 to 4 days.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
reserving Roobushin

EDIT: Okay, so after posting the analyses, destinybond complained about plagarism from his analyses due to two sentences being the exact same thing. This caused me to get my analysis taken down and got my third warning point, preventing me from posting a new thread with my new article, which destinybond has given me the okay on. Will put new Roobushin analyses on site @ Feb 28, when my 3rd ban point expires and I can make threads again.

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
reserving Roobushin

EDIT: Okay, so after posting the analyses, destinybond complained about plagarism from his analyses due to two sentences being the exact same thing. This caused me to get my analysis taken down and got my third warning point, preventing me from posting a new thread with my new article, which destinybond has given me the okay on. Will put new Roobushin analyses on site @ Feb 28, when my 3rd ban point expires and I can make threads again.
I saw this and literally the entire thing you 'wrote' was copied and pasted straight from skarmbliss. You just switched around sentences and a few words....

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I saw this and literally the entire thing you 'wrote' was copied and pasted straight from skarmbliss. You just switched around sentences and a few words....
This is simply not true. I touch upon various points that aren't even mentioned in the Skarmbliss analysis, I even use a different Set! Yes, the two analysis' have some similarities, but that is more of a matter of coincidence than plagarism. My analysis will be up tomorrow, you can discuss it then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)