1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

VGC 2012 Hail Team

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by lilchiz34, Oct 30, 2011.

1. lilchiz34

lilchiz34

Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
    Snow Warning
    52 Atk/ 200 SAtk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Hp
    Naive
    Blizzard
    Wood Hammer
    HP Fire
    EQ

Standard hail starter, If he can do any more damage that would be a bonus. All i need him to do is just start some hail and, if he can, kill some pkmn. Hp fire for ferrothorn, scizor, EQ for fire types, WH Blizzard for stab moves.

[​IMG] Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
    Liquid Ooze
    252 SDef/ 126 HP/ 126 SAtk/ 4 Spd
    Gentle
    Sludge Wave
    Scald
    Toxic Spikes
    Rapid Spin

Special Wall. Does really well against Infernape and TTar. Sets up T Spikes and Spins away other hazards. Scald for STAB and chance for burn, Sludge Wave for another STAB and chance to poison. Black sludge to recover hp lost from hail

[​IMG] Walrein @ Leftovers
    Ice Body
    252 Hp/ 130 SDef/126 Def
    Calm
    Substitute
    Toxic
    Blizzard
    Protect

Stallrein. Stalls the hell out of other pokemon with hail damage and toxic. Sub to annoy and protect to continue the damage. Ice body recovers hp along with lefties. Blizzard for a powerful stab move

[​IMG] Gliscor @ toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 HP/ 40 Def/ 216 Spe
    - Fling
    - Acrobatics
    - Eathquake
    - Protect

Protect to guarantee Poison, Fling to poison something else, and after that, No Item! So Acrobatics is another reliable STAB that Gliscor gets alongside Earthquake

[​IMG] Froslass @ ???
    Snow Cloak
    248 Hp/ 228 Def/ 32 Spd
    Timid
    Blizzard
    T-Wave
    Hail/spikes
    Substitute

GREAT staller. substitute and snow cloak pose so many problems to other teams. Once she gets behind her sub and the opponent is paralyzed it annoys everyone. Spikes for some hazards along with the hail, Blizzard for STAB.

The last pokemon is completely undecided, it was Kyurem but it got banned for VGC's. I'm basically looking at a special or mixed sweeper to replace it like Glaceon or maybe Mamoswine? If you could include a potential set with that pokemon that would be great. Keep in mind, no repeat items or banned VGC pokemon
  2. InSiiDiOuS

InSiiDiOuS

I'm no expert in VGC, but I believe there is a different thread for VGC RMTs, and that VGC is 4v4...not 6v6
  3. Haunter

Haunter 100% avocado
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

I'm no expert either, but I've moved this team to the other teams section and tagged it with the VGC category.
  4. lilchiz34

lilchiz34

VGC is 4 on 4 but u carry 6 in ur party to start
  5. nachocheese999

nachocheese999

Half ur team revolves around stalling but stalling wont get you anywhere since VGC battles are timed.
  6. lilchiz34

lilchiz34

i'm really not too worried about that. I'll find a way if i really wanna win
  7. Captains

Captains

You won't have time to stall, there are so many different Weather variations, this team is outclassed by other: Rain, Drought, and Sand teams. Sorry =/
  8. asterat

asterat

froslass works w/ life orb however i would reccomend something w wide guard because rock slide and heat wave could be problomatic maybe mienshao? fake out, HJK, rock sldie, wide guard
  9. Saboros

Saboros

It's really not that simple, also hazards are not used in vgc, they aren't very useful, they leave you open for an attack while you do nothing to them, like using stat boosting moves

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)