VGC 2012 rules up!

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
DV Smeargle wasn't exactly overpowered, but it was pretty annoying so I'm ok with the ban. Really liking these rules :D
also huy you scared the bejesus out of me with your "theyre only gonna allow 60 mons," I'M SO GLAD YOU WERE WRONG

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The document has been updated again since being posted:
Changes for September 19, 2011
7.1. Added Jirachi to the banned Pokémon
7.1. Clarified the use of Hidden Abilities
The Jirachi bit is obvious. Hidden Abilities is also obvious but here it is just to be sure:
Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities that have been officially released via Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.
Basically, don't hack and you're fine.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As long as you've legally obtained it without any external devices and it's not a restricted Pokemon, you can use it.

Beast, looks like I should be coming to worlds if my team holds strong through the metagame, it's well ace. Bear in mind I'm a poor lame student now so I can't actually afford to come to worlds if I don't win lol.

Although thinking about it since I have no wifi at uni, I'm at a slight disadvantage. Even worse, I think Mr M Coonley's block actually does have wifi. Bitch.

Also Firestorm I'm guessing pre-gen moves are passable but you have to remember that case in 2010 where people were getting DQed for worlds weaviles so you never know, there could be some random accidental omissions or exceptions. Hardly likely the rules will even get clarified though so people will probably just have to brave it to the events. Stuff like drain punch/fake out Toxicroak though I'd find concerning to use since it actually is an illegal egg move combo with only 5th gen pokémon, and I'm pretty sure the hackcheck system catches illegal egg move combos.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Beast, looks like I should be coming to worlds if my team holds strong through the metagame, it's well ace. Bear in mind I'm a poor lame student now so I can't actually afford to come to worlds if I don't win lol.

Although thinking about it since I have no wifi at uni, I'm at a slight disadvantage. Even worse, I think Mr M Coonley's block actually does have wifi. Bitch.
I have like the opposite problem. I'm on Big Island, but I want to go to the mainland to compete. It would cost me $900 for a round trip ticket, but I'm gonna do it.

oh god so many things to spam at vgc this year

moody / weather / jirachi / ALL THE GOOD STUFF

I'm going to play this meta lol

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As long as you've legally obtained it without any external devices and it's not a restricted Pokemon, you can use it.
This pretty much sums up all of the teambuilding rules. If you can get it without hacking, and it isn't specifically excluded, it's allowed.

I'm kind of surprised by Dark Void ban; it doesn't seem like TPCi to make that sort of judgment. Perhaps they recognize that other strategies are more fearsome, but to ban, say, Drizzle would lead to a slew of technical problems that banning Dark Void doesn't lead to, since they've already banned one move and know that doing so didn't cause any problems.

If y'all start practicing on the GBU, you better not D/C on me!

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Well I think I know why they would ban dark void smeargle. Mainly because the effect it had in 2009 where quite a few teams pack smeargle. Also if i recall there was a few ppl who got into t16 in both O8 and 09.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)