1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

VGC 2013 USA regionals revealed

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Maestro Arena, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Duckster

Duckster

I'll say. I remember getting all bent out of shape that even if I wanted to travel to NY they wouldn't let me compete.

That's pretty sick. For a change anyways.
  2. Whimsiboss

Whimsiboss

Count me in for the CA regionals. i can't get over the fact that the world tournament would be held in Canada. oh well i have 2 chances this year to qualify (better start planning out my team as soon as the rules are anounced).
  3. PokeTroopa

PokeTroopa

Could've used one in Nebraska :( St.Louis isn't completely impossible, but still.
  4. N8thePWNr

N8thePWNr

Really wished regionals would be in Seattle this year, but I suppose Salem's close enough again.
  5. PkmRngrBrad

PkmRngrBrad

I am So excited that worlds is in Vancouver,
    I think it will be a larger turn out, because of the decreased costs, since your dollars are all worth more then our loonies except the occasional backwards day.
    I was planning on moving to the coast after I get back from backpacking in south america anyways, now its just an extra boost!
    Now, I hope all you "yankees" can control yourself, us canucks dont need another riot in that city. lol I can see it now, 400 pokemon fans rioting over Rays 4th time world championship win...
  6. Shinryu

Shinryu

I've spoken with our PTO before (TCG side, but they handle it all), and they've been pushing for a return to AZ, especially with the big growth the TCG has had here (I mean 100 people just showed up recently for a prerelease, that is insane). And I mean realistically in terms of location, it's just as much a center stop for Cali, NM, Nevada, Colorado, Utah, and Texas to all reach just as much as ones being held in Cali, Colorado, and Texas are for us. But my understanding is locations currently are frozen without any really being added, they can't even really change the TCG events iirc. So yeah...nothing we AZ players can do about that otherwise. Just hoping one day it expands.
  7. N8thePWNr

N8thePWNr

I'm also excited for the WC this year, considering I live in Washington, it'll only be a two hour drive from where I live up to Vancouver. I definitely expect more people to be there, and I hope they don't shove some sort of wintery Pikachu down our throats.
  8. PkmRngrBrad

PkmRngrBrad

I agree, Pikachu with a igloo or or moose antlers would probably be pushing it a bit.
  9. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

Worlds in Vancouver?

Not gonna compete at all then.
  10. Project_Mars

Project_Mars

Aww, the only regional that it makes sense for me to be able to go to (Houston) is in the fall? That's not amazing.
  11. NixHex

NixHex what is béisbol
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

The list on nb didnt show SoCal for Spring so the op is probably wrong? I'm doing something every weekend in October so its not even a possibility :/

Edit: NB shows it under winter
  12. No. 1 Machop Fan

No. 1 Machop Fan

Looking forward to seeing when and where Australia's regionals (if any) and States will be.
  13. SacredMiKeY

SacredMiKeY

Virginia sounds like a go for me since I live in WV, just have to hope that I don't get snowed in. Now if someone would be so kind to carpool me to either the Philly or Indiana regional since they are the closest fall events to me. I'm kinda surprised that there isn't a thread to help with carpooling and whatnot.
  14. breh

breh ● ︿ ●
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

Man, I'd really hoped for a rules reveal at least; I really don't like the concept of having absolutely no time at all to prepare for a tournament that I usually get like half a year for, lol. I'm hoping that we at least get a month and a half (or something) after the reveal to screw around with new ideas.
  15. mailanbr

mailanbr

I really hope that these aren't the only places that are running the VGC this coming up year. I was very upset that I couldn't participate in VGC2012 with it not being in Newark, NJ and all. I could always drive to Philly, but I feel that is very out of the way.

I'm not sure about how the Philly turn out was for VGC2012, but I always felt that the turn out in Newark was substantial compared to what I saw in videos from other areas, and I'm surprised they would leave it out for 2 years straight!
  16. Thadenvy

Thadenvy

I'm not really anticipating this too much. I'm 14 and therefore have to do this through my parents. I can't go to nats without winning regionals, even though there is the LCQ, probably, and since I live in Houston, I have a week to situate myself in the new metagame and to have a successful team. However, since it's a week, I think the new metagame will be strikingly similar to the old one. What would annihilate me is if only the new Unova dex is allowed, which I hope it isn't, considering my only Pokemon on my team that's in the new Unova dex is Thundurus.
  17. PkmRngrBrad

PkmRngrBrad

Luckily, we all have a couple of months to possibly make a back up team that would conform to the new Unova standards just in case. And we are also blessed to have access to the information that is in the B2W2 Japanese versions, so we can prepare and know how to make the most effective use of our week.
  18. Thadenvy

Thadenvy

... Thank you so much for the idea! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I never thought about a backup team. Now I'll be ready. Thank you!
  19. G-Von

G-Von

Do you know what would be nice? for VGC to return to Secaucus, New Jersey >_<
  20. PokeKid5

PokeKid5

Pshh. Global warming destroys any chance of this. In Fairfax, VA, we had no snow last winter
  21. PokeMaster366

PokeMaster366

It's ironic how the Fall regionals is on the same day as my birthday. Anyone have any idea on what ruleset the people there are going to stick with?
  22. KeepBayleefing

KeepBayleefing

How is that ironic? Just saying...
  23. SacredMiKeY

SacredMiKeY

We didn't get as much last year either, but still it could happen. :p
  24. Thadenvy

Thadenvy

Really? I used to live in Dallas, TX, and we had some snow last year. Maybe it's the Appalachians that caused it.
  25. PokeMaster366

PokeMaster366

I just didn't expect a regional event to be held on my birthday. That's all I'm saying. I'm really hoping that we only use BW2 Pokemon for this one.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)