1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

VGC 2013 USA regionals revealed

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Maestro Arena, Aug 12, 2012.

1. PokeKid5

PokeKid5

So wait, there is snow in Texas but not Northern VA? Our atmosphere REALLY needs to get off the bath salts
  2. Thadenvy

Thadenvy

Yea. I didn't live there when it happened, but my friends who did told me a little bit of it actually did build up.
  3. Rukario

Rukario

I don't really see the problem here. For those really serious about the VGCs, they'll be able to beat the game quickly and get the necessary Pokemon for the tournament really quickly if they do indeed use a B2W2 unova dex. That's only Fall regionals. For those "casual players", they still have two more attempts at regionals in the winter and spring with more than enough time to become acquainted with the game and get their team ready. Also, if they use the 2012 metagame for fall regionals and use B2W2 unova dex for winter and spring, it will be inconsistent and a complete mess changing metagames halfway through the season. Using the new unova dex for all three seasons of regionals should be fine. It's really not that big of a deal.
  4. PokeMaster366

PokeMaster366

They're probably planning under the assumption that not everyone knows about Smogon or spends their days looking through the multiple Pokedex versions on Serebii.net.
  5. Thadenvy

Thadenvy

I don't see a problem with switching metagames halfway through the season. It makes it fair for everyone who can only go to one VGC as opposed to being able to burn money and travel to all 15. Plus, thinking about it, we have access to the new Unova dex already and the new tutor moves already. I don't see the big deal with what they choose to do. If they use the old metagame, I think that will bring the least amount of backlash from fans.
  6. JRank

JRank
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Just wanted to point out that you can't go to all 15, with 5 on each of the 3 dates you could only attend a maximum of 3.
  7. Werecario

Werecario

Not if you have a time turner.

Anyway, I'm not sure what I think about the fall regionals, which is what I will be attending. There is only a week to get ready in game, which of course isnt a problem if you plan on PO, but for random people who just want to battle, there is no telling what we will see. These tournaments aim to reach more than the competitive battlers and by doing it like this, it will make it hard for non competitive players.

Also, I feel that they need to hurry up and release the meta because it is only 2 months away. Idc what the meta is as long as it is released soon.
  8. Thadenvy

Thadenvy

Touché. But I still say it makes it more fair for people who aren't hardcore or rich enough to travel to all 3.
  9. Werecario

Werecario

Its always been like this though. Back in 2010 and earlier, people would travel to regionals 5 weeks in a row.
  10. Project_Mars

Project_Mars

Pretty much this, keep in mind that there's now speculation that Actual Legendaries (i.e. Groudon, Kyogre, Kyruem, Mewtwo, Manaphy) are rumored to be allowed in. (a lot of speculation seems to say that one or the other of the upcoming tournaments are going to use the ruleset for VGC 2013)
  11. CalzoneCannon

CalzoneCannon

Hahaha yes! I live in virginia so i get to have more prep time with my friends. Last year i didnt know about fall until it was too late.
  12. CalzoneCannon

CalzoneCannon

And yes to you people, we got no snow last year while texas did...
  13. Thadenvy

Thadenvy

It's just North Texas, man. South Texas got nothing.
  14. PokeKid5

PokeKid5

Well, it's a good start
  15. KeepBayleefing

KeepBayleefing

I hope its BW2 as well. So it surprising and coincidental then
  16. -Rockstar-

-Rockstar-

17. SacredMiKeY

SacredMiKeY

Kinda Hoping it isn't as I can't RNG (Lack of computer, only source of internetting is my PSP) and breeding and soft resetting for good enough IV's to compete would probably take longer than the week to prepare.
  18. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

If it is BW2 only, I would hope that they allow BW2-dex mons from older games (particularly BW1), so you could prepare that way (personally, I'm already putting together my team just in case). If that's not the case, then you can always see if any other forum members are willing to help you out.
  19. SacredMiKeY

SacredMiKeY

I would assume so as it would make sense, but on the off chance they aren't I would have to do the latter. The problem with that is that I would be able to offer them nothing in return. If only someone could make RNG possible on the PSP. xD
  20. Golden Piloswine

Golden Piloswine

Why do they have a regional in Vancouver, where worlds is gonna be?
  21. Team Rocket Elite

Team Rocket Elite Data Integration Thought Entity
    is a Pokemon Researcher

World will be in Vancouver as well.
  22. Rukario

Rukario

Are you serious? So you're saying someone who qualifies for Nationals through the first regional with a completely different metagame than the one that is being played at Nationals itself is fair? :evan:
  23. JRank

JRank
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

They do that in TCG and (afaik) it's not complained about (actually from what I've seen it's one of the few things that ISN'T complained about). Besides, if they qualify (although since it's open you're not qualifying, not sure what point you're trying to make) through the first regional they'll have plenty of time to prepare for the new metagame. If that's what TPCi chooses to do to prevent the problem with BW2 coming out a week before, I don't have a problem with it.
  24. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

Honestly the only new real threats that would be added if BW2 were to come in would be Therian Thundurus and Landorus, and they're too slow to do any huge work.
  25. Superpokemon67

Superpokemon67

145 base attack+Intimidate+Scarf=Win

Thundurus now has Volt Absorb and 145 base Special attack as well. You can't really say they won't be doing huge work in the new meta.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)