VGC 2013 USA regionals revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see the problem here. For those really serious about the VGCs, they'll be able to beat the game quickly and get the necessary Pokemon for the tournament really quickly if they do indeed use a B2W2 unova dex. That's only Fall regionals. For those "casual players", they still have two more attempts at regionals in the winter and spring with more than enough time to become acquainted with the game and get their team ready. Also, if they use the 2012 metagame for fall regionals and use B2W2 unova dex for winter and spring, it will be inconsistent and a complete mess changing metagames halfway through the season. Using the new unova dex for all three seasons of regionals should be fine. It's really not that big of a deal.

I don't really see the problem here. For those really serious about the VGCs, they'll be able to beat the game quickly and get the necessary Pokemon for the tournament really quickly if they do indeed use a B2W2 unova dex. That's only Fall regionals. For those "casual players", they still have two more attempts at regionals in the winter and spring with more than enough time to become acquainted with the game and get their team ready. Also, if they use the 2012 metagame for fall regionals and use B2W2 unova dex for winter and spring, it will be inconsistent and a complete mess changing metagames halfway through the season. Using the new unova dex for all three seasons of regionals should be fine. It's really not that big of a deal.
They're probably planning under the assumption that not everyone knows about Smogon or spends their days looking through the multiple Pokedex versions on Serebii.net.

I don't see a problem with switching metagames halfway through the season. It makes it fair for everyone who can only go to one VGC as opposed to being able to burn money and travel to all 15. Plus, thinking about it, we have access to the new Unova dex already and the new tutor moves already. I don't see the big deal with what they choose to do. If they use the old metagame, I think that will bring the least amount of backlash from fans.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It makes it fair for everyone who can only go to one VGC as opposed to being able to burn money and travel to all 15.
Just wanted to point out that you can't go to all 15, with 5 on each of the 3 dates you could only attend a maximum of 3.

Just wanted to point out that you can't go to all 15, with 5 on each of the 3 dates you could only attend a maximum of 3.
Not if you have a time turner.

Anyway, I'm not sure what I think about the fall regionals, which is what I will be attending. There is only a week to get ready in game, which of course isnt a problem if you plan on PO, but for random people who just want to battle, there is no telling what we will see. These tournaments aim to reach more than the competitive battlers and by doing it like this, it will make it hard for non competitive players.

Also, I feel that they need to hurry up and release the meta because it is only 2 months away. Idc what the meta is as long as it is released soon.

Touché. But I still say it makes it more fair for people who aren't hardcore or rich enough to travel to all 3.

Luckily, we all have a couple of months to possibly make a back up team that would conform to the new Unova standards just in case. And we are also blessed to have access to the information that is in the B2W2 Japanese versions, so we can prepare and know how to make the most effective use of our week.
Pretty much this, keep in mind that there's now speculation that Actual Legendaries (i.e. Groudon, Kyogre, Kyruem, Mewtwo, Manaphy) are rumored to be allowed in. (a lot of speculation seems to say that one or the other of the upcoming tournaments are going to use the ruleset for VGC 2013)

Hahaha yes! I live in virginia so i get to have more prep time with my friends. Last year i didnt know about fall until it was too late.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Kinda Hoping it isn't as I can't RNG (Lack of computer, only source of internetting is my PSP) and breeding and soft resetting for good enough IV's to compete would probably take longer than the week to prepare.
If it is BW2 only, I would hope that they allow BW2-dex mons from older games (particularly BW1), so you could prepare that way (personally, I'm already putting together my team just in case). If that's not the case, then you can always see if any other forum members are willing to help you out.

I would assume so as it would make sense, but on the off chance they aren't I would have to do the latter. The problem with that is that I would be able to offer them nothing in return. If only someone could make RNG possible on the PSP. xD

I don't see a problem with switching metagames halfway through the season.
Are you serious? So you're saying someone who qualifies for Nationals through the first regional with a completely different metagame than the one that is being played at Nationals itself is fair? :evan:

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Are you serious? So you're saying someone who qualifies for Nationals through the first regional with a completely different metagame than the one that is being played at Nationals itself is fair? :evan:
They do that in TCG and (afaik) it's not complained about (actually from what I've seen it's one of the few things that ISN'T complained about). Besides, if they qualify (although since it's open you're not qualifying, not sure what point you're trying to make) through the first regional they'll have plenty of time to prepare for the new metagame. If that's what TPCi chooses to do to prevent the problem with BW2 coming out a week before, I don't have a problem with it.

145 base attack+Intimidate+Scarf=Win

Thundurus now has Volt Absorb and 145 base Special attack as well. You can't really say they won't be doing huge work in the new meta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)